To Worry
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Suyin had been pacing with Qin Fuhua side by side, instead of him walking ahead of her. He was bringing her to his courtyard, but Suyin noticed that he felt off.

She didn't want to say anything though because she was still embarrassed about her breaking down in front of him. Suyin gaped at the ground for a bit, thinking about how dumb she might've looked or how he was presumably tired of seeing her like that, but his eyes never gazed away from looking ahead.

"Han Suyin, what are you doing to yourself?! Get your grip together!" She said to herself, taking a deep breath as the two arrived at the Orange Blossom Courtyard.

Suyin entered the Orange Blossom Courtyard which was groomed by the workers (Wu Fei and Areum included). A bit surprised at how big the courtyard was, Suyin could envision having more than three houses on this land!

Qin Fuhua strode ahead, waving his hands to someone to tell them to come over. Suyin glimpsed from afar, recognizing that the person that Qin Fuhua was calling was Wu Fei.

Wu Fei presently ran to Qin Fuhua's request, then, as she got closer to the two, Suyin immediately ran to hug her.

"You're here!" Suyin expressed.

Wu Fei presently gave her a confused look (Suyin was still in her male clothing), but then Suyin removed the hairband, her hair descending.

Wu Fei's eyes lit up. "Suyin!" She directly embraced Suyin. "I thought that you were gone! Did the Prince find you?" Wu Fei asked. Suyin turned to look at Qin Fuhua, who didn't say anything.

"A-Ah. Remember when we were staying at Young Master Tienzheng's home? He told me that it was a way for you to get to the Prince of Qin. He had transferred me to his home and told me that was the real home that you resided in." Wu Fei replied Suyin's confusion.

Wu Fei was initially the daughter of Old man Wu, who attempted to slay Suyin. She was under Tienzheng's care during that time, but Tienzheng had clarified to Wu Fei after Suyin's disappearance about Suyin residing with the Prince of Qin.

Tienzheng was Qin Fuhua's "masked" appearance. It was a magical mask that his Master gave to him on his 15th birthday, a gift that allows him to transform his identity into another person.

Tienzheng was a person Qin Fuhua created, who was a noble scholar, living a simple ordinary life. This identity permitted him to investigate wherever he needed. But somehow, Suyin could see through the mask regardless of this magical ability.

"It's nice that Qin Fuhua is being nice to you though," Suyin said, patting her shoulders.

"Suyin! It should be, Your Highness." Wu Fei directly looked at Qin Fuhua and then back at Suyin, in case she would have gotten in trouble.

"Leave as it is." Qin Fuhua strolled along, "I'm exhausted. Can you get me new clothes, so I can bathe?" He instructed Wu Fei. She instantly nodded.

"Yes, Your Highness!"

Suyin didn't acknowledge it before because she was so focused on her feelings, that Qin Fuhua's robe was torn at the back of his robe. She caught a glimpse of it now, reminding her of what he had done to her earlier.

Qin Fuhua got flogged instead of herself!

"Areum! Suyin's back!" Wu Fei hollered, waving her hands to Areum. She had just arrived back from her trip to town to get some more towels. Areum hurried to Suyin, with a radiant smile on her face.

"Suyin! You're finally back from your trip!"

Suyin was a bit confused at what Areum was saying, but Wu Fei intercepted.

"Haha. Yes, Suyin. Remember that the Prince told Areum about your trip so you didn't worry? So Areum wouldn't be worried that you disappeared or something?"

Suyin had to let it click for a second, and shook her head. It seems like the Prince had let Wu Fei know about Areum (her not knowing Suyin had disappeared for a while) so she wouldn't be stressed about Suyin.

She grinned at Areum. "I'm glad to be back!" She held Areum on one arm and Wu Fei on the other, clutching the two of them at the same time.

"Oh! Okay, I must get back to arranging the Prince's clothes." Wu Fei immediately bowed to Suyin. "I'll see you later!" Wu Fei called out.

Right. Suyin needed to check on Qin Fuhua, too. She needed to make sure that he was okay from earlier.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Suyin had gone for a bath after the Prince had finished his. Suyin had requested Areum to go purchase some clothes for her, so at the moment, she had to borrow a pair of clothes from Areum.

A little bit relaxed now that she was clean and she didn't have to worry about encasing her chest now.

Suyin had grounded some herbs to make some medicine for Qin Fuhua, in case his injury becomes a scar because of her. Thanks to Weizhe being able to grab some herbs for her, she wanted to visit Qin Fuhua and see if he was in his room.

She carefully knocked on the sliding door, glimpsing if there was any response. "Are you in there?" Suyin questioned. She knocked one more time before she became tense and slid the door open.

As she entered the Prince's bed-chamber, she halted in place.

In front of her was Qin Fuhua, dozing on his right hand on the tea table. Was Suyin overreacting? She could just hit herself in the head if she could right now, but she was more worried about his back now.

Carefully, she tiptoed to Qin Fuhua and peeked at his back. Of course, there was no way that she would be able to see the torn clothes because he had his bath and new clothes already.

As she continued to turn to look at him, she ended up darting her eyes at his sleeping face. Even when Qin Fuhua is snoozing, he was always captivating. In awe of his face, Suyin stared at him for quite a while.

"The longer you stare, the more you might burn a hole like that." Qin Fuhua uttered, his eyes still shut.

Staggered, she leaped back a little, fixing her clothes as if she didn't do anything improper.

"Ahem, I was just checking if you were awake." It was all an excuse for her to say something.

"Is there something you needed, that you came in here without any authorization?" Qin Fuhua requested.

"I... thought that you weren't okay." Suyin raised a small golden glass jar. "So I brought medicine for you...Um." Suyin attempted to fix her voice, "So that I don't get killed for treason, for causing the Prince to get hurt in return."

"Hm? What's that for?" Qin Fuhua examined the bottle. "There's nothing wrong with me." He added.

Suyin pointed to her back with the medicine, in response to advising him that she wanted to use it on his back.

He shook his head, refusing her offer. "There's nothing there." He added.

"Unless..."

He got up and gradually stepped towards Suyin. His face and nose were nearly grazing Suyin's face. She slowly walked backward, making sure that he wasn't getting too close to her before her back touched the wall.

"You're trying to get me to take off my clothes." He tilted forward, whispering in her ears with his hot breath.

Suyin twisted her head away as Qin Fuhua slowly advanced toward her.

"N-No, it's not like that" Suyin shoved his chest away from her, but as she did, he made a small groan, enough for Suyin to attend.

Suyin's eyes began to be concerned, and her eyebrows furrowed. "You are hurt, aren't you?"

Qin Fuhua didn't reply to her. Suyin rushed back to the front of Qin Fuhua, proposing to give him the medicine.

"Here, let me help you with your wound!" Suyin offered, "At least-- use the medicine so that I don't feel bad."

Suyin was fighting with Qin Fuhua, who was trying to reject the medicine that she was holding.

"I don't need it." He reiterated. "I'm not hurt, as I said."

"But at least let me see your wound! I'm worried about you." Suyin uttered, still trying to fight with Qin Fuhua.

Qin Fuhua halted, softly holding her wrists.

"Say that again." Qin Fuhua spoke.

"Say what?" Suyin was now a bit flustered. She felt like her cheeks were slowly getting on fire.

"Never mind." He let go of her wrists, turning around to walk off.

"I-I said I'm worried about you." Suyin could barely tell him the truth. She was more flustered than ever. The amount of heat that was radiating off of her felt like steam was coming out of her ears.

Qin Fuhua shifted back to dart at Suyin and then closed his eyes for a moment.

"Fine."

Qin Fuhua was about to take off his robe in front of Suyin before she spun around, encountering the wall now.

"What now?" He declared, with a confused yet irritated gaze on his face, "You behave as if you have never seen my body."

"Of course! You idiot. It's because before... I didn't see you in a light as a man... but I don't know why it's different now!" Suyin thought to herself, condemning him in her head.

"Nothing!"

Suyin took a deep breath and circled to see his bare back now.

His pale, snow-like skin was in front of Suyin. He was right. He didn't get hurt, but then, there was still a red whip mark on his back. Suyin frowned at the sight of the red mark, stepping up close to him before she even realized it.

She took out the medicine and gently rubbed the medicine with her index and middle finger, carefully caressing it on the red mark.

"They say that you are the devil of misfortune, but why is it that I feel like I'm bringing everyone trouble instead?"

"Everyone has their fortune and misfortune. It's how you treat it." Qin Fuhua replied. "And because you treated me (with this medicine), it made me notice that you can worry for someone too.*"

(Author's note: Literally, can go both ways for Suyin and Qin Fuhua XD)

"Your Highness." Weizhe knocked on the door. "I have the clothes prepared for Suyin. Would you like me to leave it by her door?"

Suyin glanced at Qin Fuhua, who didn't bat a single glimpse at her.

"What clothes?" Suyin attempted to whisper but then as she got up, she hit the side of the tea table, causing the teacups to plunge to the ground.

"Your highness! Are you okay in there?!" Weizhe instantly slid the door open, prepared to take out his sword before he paused at the scene.

Qin Fuhua, half naked with Suyin next to him, both staring at him before he realized what he had done.

"I... Um." He put away his sword, this time, smiled at Qin Fuhua. "I'm going to leave the pair of clothes... here for Miss Suyin." He gently set the neat, folded clothes on the table before he rushed out so that Qin Fuhua couldn't kick his ass.

With no emotions planted on Qin Fuhua's face, Suyin panicked, apologizing for the misunderstanding.

"Sorry about that," Suyin spoke, brushing her hands with a cloth. After she swept her hands, she immediately went up to grab the tea cups that were scattered around the floor.

Qin Fuhua got up, still half naked as he bent down to grab the pair of clothes that Weizhe had delivered to him and turned to Suyin.

"Here." Suyin glanced at the clothes and then at Qin Fuhua, a little bit taken aback by his actions.

"I requested Weizhe to get you a couple of outfits, so you don't have to worry about borrowing others' clothes."

Was Qin Fuhua being considerate of Suyin?

0