Part 1 Formation – Chapter 23
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Karanis stalked through the base, relishing the carnage as he passed over dead soldiers and smoking corridors. Around him Imperial soldiers stalked through the base with quiet, deadly efficiency. They promptly executed any rebel soldiers they found alive, and tore through consoles trying to gather any information they could find.

 

They finally stopped when they arrived at a section of the base that had collapsed from an explosion. A soldier came running up to Karanis and bowed, “Emperious, We couldn’t find anything useful from the base's computers. It appears they destroyed it before they were captured.”

 

Karnais scowled and his hand tightened around his laser sword's hilt. The soldier looked at him nervously, with a silent apology in his eyes. Karanis opened his mouth to speak when A sharp gasp echoed through the corridor. The Emperor whirled to see a young teen boy jerk awake next to the rubble of the collapsed section.

 

Imperial soldiers trained their rifles on him and prepared to fire as Karanis yelled, “Cease!” The men lowered their weapons and jerked to attention as Their Emperor strode over to the teen.

 

“What’s your name, boy?” Karnis asked.

 

“I-I, My friends call me Data” The boy stammered

 

Karanis smiled wickedly and leaned in closer, “Well Data, We have a lot to talk about.” Then he looked to his men, “Take him to my shuttle.”

Practically on the other side of the universe Zekor stood in his observation room gazing at the planet below, absentmindedly rubbing his chin.

 

A beep sounded over the room's speakers, and Zekor moved over to a circular table in the right corner of the room. He hit a few buttons on a panel located on the side of the table and a holographic map filled with numerous planets sprang to life, followed by a hologram of Sacaris.

 

“Valeris.” THe man said in greeting.

 

Zekor gave him a slight nod “Silis, our campaign so far is going well.”

 

“Yes,” Sacaris said looking off to the side, no doubt looking at a copy of the map Zekor was currently studying, “I managed to do quite a bit of damage at Sserpritis. It’d be a simple matter to move some of our forces in and take it over.”

 

“And Nertis, and Fraristi Succeeded in crippling their shipyards at Zerarsis. That will limit their capabilities in this region.” Zekor added. He hit another button on the panel again and the map divided itself into different colored zones. “We’ve managed to gain a foothold in their outer sphere, and have a firm control of the gate leading into this galaxy.” He said referencing the green colored zone.

 

“Taking Zerarsis would give us a base where we could repair and resupply our ships, allowing us to keep them here in the sector. Sserpritis itself isn’t of much importance besides establishing a line of defense.” Zekor continued beginning to pace back and forth.

 

“Our next course of action should be to take the fortress world of Snaris” Zekor reached out to touch a planet on the edge of the green zone, “This would give us a jumping off point into their outer middle sphere.”

 

“I see a lot of enemy bases between here and there.” Sacaris stated.

 

“Yes,” Zekor sighed, “This campaign is going to be a slog. It could take us years to pacify this sector.”

 

Sacaris nodded in agreement. They stayed there continuing to study the map when the door to Zekor’s observation room chimed. “You may enter,” Zekor called.

 

The door slid open as Narklin strode into the room, a smirk evident on his face. He gave a slight bow to Zekor, “Arxictus'' He said in greeting, then turned towards Sacaris, “and Praefexis Sacaris, It is an honor to meet you.”

 

Zekor nodded in greeting, While Sacaris’ eyes ever so slightly narrowed, “It is an honor indeed Inquisator Narklin.” Then he turned to Zekor, “Well I must be going, do be careful old friend.”

 

Zekor smiled at him, “And you as well.” He said before Sacaris’ hologram disappeared. Zekor then turned his full attention to Narklin, “What can I do for the Inquisates?”

 

“Oh I just came to turn in our report.” Narklin replied, his chest puffing up as he handed Zekor a tablet

 

Zekor raised an eyebrow, “I trust everything is in order then?”

 

“For now Arxictus, for now” Narklin responded flashing Zekor a predatory grin. “The Emperious would like us to remain a little longer to insure the integrity and loyalty of your forces.”

 

“I'm sure,” Zekor smiled wryly, “Send his majesty my regards.”

 

Narklin smiled again, “I will Arxictus, I wish you luck in your conquest, may you bring glory to the Emperor.” He said as he strode out of the room.

 

Zekor turned, once again to stare at the planet below and sighed, “It’s going to be a long campaign indeed.”

 

 

[Note From The Author]

This is the end of Part one. I have a short story already being written that will take place between part 1 and part 2.

 

I want to give all of my readers a big thank you. I am far from a professional writer, this also being my first ever story I've put out there for others to view. I hope sincerely that it didn't bore you. I am going to stick with this, come bad rating or good as I want to at least finish the story I have planned, and I will always welcome your feedback and thoughts. Just knowing that there are a few people out there reading my work, and hopefully enjoying it, makes it worthwhile to me to keep going. 

 

Thank you again for joining me on this journey, and hopefully I'll get to see you at the finish line. 

0