Chapter 1: Welcome to Team Rocket
1.1k 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  Somewhere in Celadon City, in an underground base, the final phase of recruiting for new members of the largest criminal organization in the Kanto region, better known as Team Rocket, was taking place.

"Hi, I'm Petrel and you are the lucky ones who were allowed to join our ranks, for your sake I hope you prove worthy of your place." A slightly older man with purple hair was giving a kind of welcome speech to a group of young people in black uniforms.

"Like most of our new recruits, you must not have any Pokémon, but do not worry, the organization will take care of you and give you one of these beauties" From a sphere I take out a kind of rat with purple fur

The reaction of the majority of the public was not the expected emotion.

"What? You don't like it, you ungrateful little bastards, well they'll settle, this isn't a charity, if you want better things, climb up the ladder" He returned the animal to the sphere and placed it in a box full of other spheres.

"With that out, your professional criminal life begins, use common sense, stay away from the police and listen to your superiors"

From the group of recruits, one stood out from the rest, not by paying absolute attention to the talk but by his pink hair.

(Another day, another gang) The pink-haired, better known as Nick, or so he called himself because he was not going to let them call him Pinky, he was just a normal teenager, if you can call normal to live from children on the streets and going from gang to gang to survive, life had been hard for him since the orphanage where he was abandoned closed.

"(Well this has the cleanest lair yet and they are giving me a Pokémon) He came here after his last 'home' was taken over by Team Rocket, Nick had never considered being a professional trainer, just getting a license was a challenge, not to mention a Pokémon.

“Grab your rodent and report upstairs, it's time for his first mission to stop being a ball of children. Do not forget to pass your MO, you will need it to get to the mission site, do not even ask how or where to use it, see you on Mount Moon, understand ?! "

"" Yes, sir! "" The group replied, Nick did not want to anger his superior and just grabbed a ball quickly.

"Well, go ahead." With that he went up the stairs to the upper floor.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nick was about to go "catch" a flying Pokémon to go to Mount Moon when another recruit from his group stopped him.

"Hey, you were in the group of new recruits, your hair is hard not to notice" He said it not ironically because his own hair was dark green.

"That was rude man, are you going to steal your first Pokémon too?" With the smile he had he did not seem like a criminal, anyone would think they were talking about dessert.

"Today I feel generous, I am going to teach everything about being a criminal, I must get used to this because you are talking to a future commander of Team Rocket, wait for me a moment" And he went to find his MO.

Nick didn't know how to react, he never expected to find this type of person in a serious criminal organization.

"My name is Ronnie, by the way," he said when the green-haired man came back.

"I'm Nick." As long as he didn't bother her too much he was going to play along, not that he's a criminal expert or anything.

"Man, I'm excited, let's go get those Pokémon."

"Have you done this before?" Ronnie paused for a moment.

“Well… No, but, immorality is my passion, I know that I will become a great criminal. Besides, I came prepared. ”Ronnie pulled a small book out of his pocket.

(Like stealing Pokemons for dummies ... They really print anything nowadays) Nick almost hoped it was some inside joke from the organization.

"The first step is choosing the right target, let's go!" Ronnie dragged Nick outside.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

"Our hideout is a casino, I think they should better hide the staircase, a guy guarding a poster and a lonely wall, that's suspicious" Nick muttered as Ronnie looked around the city.

"Perfect, look Nick, an innocent freshman, let's tackle her" Ronnie pointed to a little brown haired girl playing with a Pidgey.

"That didn't sound good the way you expect"

"Focus, it's a great opportunity, step two: proceed to face the target and defeat it"

"Or we could just take Pokeballs from her." Nick suggested.

Ronnie peered at the book again.

"You are right, there is an addition that says" just in case of resistance ", have you read it before?"

Nick sighed

(It could be worse, at least he doesn't seem like the type of person who stabs you in the back ... unless a superior asks him to)

"Well, wait, go beat that girl if necessary"

"You don't want the honors," Nick joked.

"What?, No, man, this is your moment would be too e-easy" Ronnie wishes his face conveyed the same confidence.

"I'll be by your side, friend, in case of emergency"

Nick was going to sigh again, but he realized that this was the first time in a long time that someone had called him friend.

(What was it like to have one of those?) Being a local criminal doesn't open up many friendships for you.

Nick approached the girl by a fountain.

"Oh hello sir, do you want to play with me?" The girl asked Nick.

"Your parents didn't teach you not to talk to strangers"

"Yes, but nothing has ever happened to me"

"Well this is a life lesson, give me your Pidgey I won't hurt you" Nick was not the most threatening subject.

"B-but my mom gave them to me today for my birthday." She was nervous.

"You must live very well if they give you these gifts at this age, remember to thank them, I just got this one today." Nick took the Pokémon out of her.

"It's very ugly, it's a Rattata, right? I hope the Pokemon that my grandfather brings me from his trip is more beautiful" The purple rat looked like she was going to cry.

"Look, you hurt his feelings, Rattata tackles" Nick obviously asked in center the moves of his Pokémon.

With all his might the rodent collided with the bird.

"W-wait" The girl she did not know what to do

"Keep hitting him until he passes out"

The "combat" did not last too long.

"Ready, give me your Pokeball, please I don't want to use force"

The girl took out a Pokeball, just as Nick was going to grab it, she threw it and a Spearow came out

"Oh, I must have remembered you said" them "

"Fifi, they hurt Fey." The girl cried at the Pokémon.

The bird angrily lunged at the Rattata.

"Dodge it and use quick attack." Nick wasted no time.

The Spearow tried with all his might, but it couldn't reach the rat

"Finish him off with quick attacks." Not that he knew better moves.

In the end he ended up on the ground like the Pidgey

"N-No" The girl was a sea of tears

"P-Please let me go her" she begged on the floor.

"This is always the hardest part of the job" Sigh, from his first days on the street he has seen this type of scene, it is never easy, but it is the survival of the fittest or that is what life has taught him.

"Oh man, oh man! You did it, Nick! " Ronnie came over when it was all over

"Now the final step, what a thrill!" He approached the girl.

"Ronnie. calm down, you make this more disturbing than it seems "

"Take the Pokémon of your choice, it is recommended to take one to allow other criminals to have the opportunity and not earn their grudge for taking all the targets" Ronnie took the Pokemons the girl and she began to cry so hard.

"Buaaa, give them back, please" she said between whimpers.

"Damn, being a gangster is the best thing in the world, which one do you want?"

Nick took the Pidgey, he never liked the Spearows.

"Great, the Spearows always seemed intimidating to me."

"Y-You guys are the worst, buaaa" Helplessly the girl fled the place.

"This was simple"

"I hope you can say the same on your turn." Nick sighed, it was time to fly.

"I'm going to go scrub my success to the rookies at the barracks, see you in a bit, man." Ronnie shot out.

"Let's see how much he maintains that attitude" Nick did not mean it as an insult, at least he kept things less gloomy, even if it was somewhat annoying.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

"I still can't believe, that a simple Pidgey can carry a person, good job Fey" Nick gave his bird a caress, decided to keep his name out of a sense of respect.

Fey was hard, trying to reject his touch.

"Don't worry, maybe one day you can see it again, if you behave well I promise to take you to a reunion" Nick knew what it would not be to simply steal the Pokémon and it will listen to you instantly, you had to have a certain skill, because he felt that force and intimidation was not the best way to make a team.

Fey seemed resigned to accept her word, not that she had any other choice, she would not survive alone in the wild, she was raised in captivity and was trained to follow her trainer.

Just then they arrived in front of the Pokémon Center on Mount Moon where the members of the mission were waiting.

"Well, as you are all here already, you are lucky not to have a strict time limit, it is time for your first mission, soldiers" Petrel decided to ignore Ronnie's late arrival.

"A reliable source at the Pewter City Museum, has informed us that some rare Pokémon fossils have been seen in this cave, you just have to investigate the cave and kick out any nosy trainer or explorer, if you find something there is a Nerd with" escort "inside to help you, that's all you need to know, Move over, kids!" The group made their way into the cave, with Ronnie being among the first.

"I have business to attend to with Nurse Joy, I'll catch up with you in a while." The purple-haired man also left.

"Archeology, this place makes you feel special" Nick was lucky, or not depending on the point of view, because he just left the group he found a boy.

"You guys look suspicious" Anyone would say he's a bug hunter.

"You should not go where they do not call you, also this is a cave there are no insects here"

"Why does everyone tell me that, I just like to dress like this and I can walk wherever I want !?" He threw a Pokeball and a Caterpie came out.

"You can tell that you fight stereotypes, you never want the easy way out." Nick pulled Fey out.

"Caterpie, Tackled"

"Get up and ram it" The caterpillar could not reach the bird and was hit.

"Shot of silk"

"Evade him" A piece of silk caught his leg.

"Attract it to you"

They started a tug of war.

"Forget the game and tackle it." The Pidgey took all the momentum and crashed into the Caterpie, knocking him out.

"Go back, go Weedle, show the power of the bugs"

Nick declined to comment and switched to Rattata.

"Quick attack" The bug hunter didn't have time to order and his worm hit a rock wall.

"Finish him off, with another quick attack." Nick knew he was done.

"Resist and use poisonous picket" The Weedle managed to get up and hit Rattata, who did not look very good.

"Perfect, he poisoned him." The bug hunter looked like he already had victory from his expression.

"Great ... quick attack" The bug can't take it anymore and I am knocked out.

"Now, I have to go to the Pokémon center." Nick sighed as he approached the bug hunter.

"S-Stay away." He backed away until he tripped over a rock and fell, getting knocked out in the process by a blow to the head.

"This is why you should leave when the guys in black ask you to." He took the Pokeball from the Weedle.

Two recruits approached due to the commotion.

"I-Is he dead?" Said one trembling.

"No, can you do me a favor to get him out of here" The two of them just nodded, despite having the same rank they were afraid of ending up as the bug hunter.

Nick returned the Rattata and the Weedle to their Pokeballs

"I'll call you Hunter, I have to think of a name for my Rattata" he was about to return when a scream sounded from the back of the cave

"Come see this!" Nick had no choice but to go if he wanted to finish the mission fast

A little deeper were a trio of recruits surrounding a ...

"Sure, they'll give me a promotion, tell me if it's not the weirdest fossil you've seen?"

"No, stupid, this is why you made all this fuss, it's just a damn moonstone"

"Yes, it's to evolve those Pokemons for little girls like Jigglypuff"

"That's not even that weird," added the previous recruit.

"Damn, I'll take a break for what I care." The first recruit took the moonstone and threw it towards a wall.

When they left, Nick, who saw the whole scene, just took it.

"You never know"

When Nick thought he could come back, Ronnie came out of nowhere and stopped him.

"Nick, friend, you must come, everyone is crazy, apparently a very strong trainer came and is plucking whoever he crosses" Ronnie dragged him to a small recruits meeting.

"I'm telling you, I defeat myself without breaking a sweat and before I know it I take all my money away" A girl complained.

"Tell me about it, he was ruthless."

"What kind of madman lets a kid carry Pokemon that hard?"

"Irresponsible parenting, nothing new"

"Wait, they're telling me that he was just a kid." Ronnie interrupted their discussion.

"Who taught them to fight? His moms? I'll go after that idiot and teach him how to do it"

"Do what you want, I'm going to the Pokémon center, not any fossils around here." The recruits scattered.

"Lots of cowards, I'm going to prove my level to Petrel by kicking that kid out."

"Ronnie, you really should think about your sentences before saying them" Nick didn't care about the whole boy thing, they didn't pay to look for prodigies.

"I knew a cool guy like you wouldn't flinch over this." Ronnie patted him on the back before leaving with his usual enthusiasm.

Nick was finally coming back when he encountered another obstacle.

"Excuse me sir, I'm lost, can you help me?" A girl wearing a kind of kimono with short black hair came across Nick.

"How did you end up here?"

(That no one watches their children today?)

"I wanted to explore and I separated from my tutor, we are visiting the nearby city"

"Follow me" Well, his job was to get people out of the cave and if they make it so easy for them, he won't complain.

Nick manages to leave the cave without more against time.

"Here we are, you should ask for a call at the Pokémon center"

"Thank you sir, I like your clothes"

"Take care girl and do not talk to strangers, it does not always turn out well"

The girl left and Nick went to heal the Pokemon from him.

I got a new keyboard... and Pizza.

(Let's see how many have read my other work to understand this)

14