Chapter 9: Duel
291 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nick avoided the underpasses if he could, which was easy because before Team Rocket he rarely went out of town, the workers made him uncomfortable.

"Hey handsome, do you want to have a good time?"

Nick ignored all the calls from the provocative women until a crowd almost blocked the exit.

"Take it easy guys, I know Miss Hoen is very popular around here, but fame is a heavy burden and she's on vacation, she'll be back soon gentlemen" A bald man in the middle of the crowd noticed the uniform of Nick and approached him as the crowd dispersed

"You boy are a Rocket right? You would help a fellow underworld"

Nick was about to refuse.

"Great, listen, my best girl left, man."

(This guy isn't going to stop with a simple no, right?)

"My contacts informed me that it was taken by that pretentious young man who competes with me on the other underground road, the one on Route 5, in a few days he will celebrate a" special event "that is a good time to attack"

(I wonder if this counts as kidnapping?)

"That rookie doesn't know what game he's getting into, go over there and bring it back to me."

(Wouldn't it be easier for him to pay someone for this?)

"And if you can make the son of a bitch suffer a little, oh and if you don't find me when you come back ask for Larry" Larry left as if everything was fixed.

"Good luck with that," Nick whispered as he left.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

"What people make up these days" A group of Conga dancers, who happened to be trainers, blocked his way to Lavender City until he defeated them.

"At least one of them was a complete amateur for Maid to practice a bit."

When Nick entered the town he went directly to the tower and ignored the stares of the people as he went to the upper floor, there was an old acquaintance seeing a grave.

"Hey, you" It was the trainer with the Wartlote that he defeated on the bridge during his mission in Cerulean City.

"What are you looking at? Take care of your own dead! "

(You spoke to me first)

"Oh, you're the Rocket from before." Only now did he realize it.

(Does that make it better or worse?)

"What? You want a rematch? I'll let you know I'm stronger than on the bridge"

(Isn't it the loser who is looking for revenge? Besides, he will set up these conversations with everyone)

“I'll accept it right here! Bring it!"

"You have to calm down." Nick was on guard, but his opponent quickly became discouraged.

"Jaaa, he's right, what's the point?"

(It's the first time it works)

“I really don't want to fight you right now, okay? It's a bad time "

Nick was considering leaving, the spike-hair was too old to solve his own problems, or so he assumed if he was already traveling with such a solid team, but the next words stopped him.

"My Raticate died, that's because I'm here"

Nick couldn't help feeling sorry for him and listening to him.

“Look, there's a guy I know from Palette Town, where I grew up, his name is Red.

(The world is a handkerchief) He hid his surprise

"Many think he is amazing, but I never liked him, anyway, we became trainers at the same time, facing each other was inevitable" The boy did not take his gaze from Nick.

"I fought him a while ago at S.S Anne in Vermilion"

(I admit the coincidence is a bit creepy) Nick was glad he didn't run into them.

"He beat me, he always does, I admit, but this time it was different ..." You could tell how difficult it was for him to get the words out.

"Red hurt my Raticate very badly in that battle ... I never saw anything like that, I rushed to take him to the Pokémon center as soon as I could ... but when I got there ... Nurse Joy told me ... it was too late" Nick watched as clenched his fists.

"Raticate was finished, just like that ... he's a murderer"

(There are limits, only one knows where their own are, seeing where this Red has them ... I was lucky)

"Before I just disliked him, now I hate him"

"..." Nick thought he was done, but apparently he had more to unload from his chest.

"Do you know about Professor Oak?"

For Nick it was a leading question, who did not know the world famous Pokémon professor and former champion, even someone with no interest in the Pokémon world, except that he lived in a cave, at least he would know his name.

"He's my grandfather, but you would never think about it!"

(Curious)

"He is the one who authorized the trainers licenses for Red and me"

(Why does someone so famous endorse the guy his grandson hates?)

“And let me tell you, he always preferred Red! Everything I achieved, no matter how strong I am today… Grandpa always thinks Red is better. The special snowflake against a ... simple nobody "

Nick had no family, or someone he unconditionally admired, but he could see how it ripped the boy apart.

(Push his grandson to this point)

"I called him, you know, grandpa, right after the… event."

Nick knew this would not get better.

"I told him that couldn't save my Raticate and how I felt ... And you know what he told me?"

Nick just shook his head slowly

"Oh that's too bad, son, how about you catch a stronger one?" He didn't seem to notice, but a few tears came from his eyes.

"He didn't care about anything!"

(How does someone treat his family in this way?) He only treated, as the closest thing to his family, to his Pokemons, imagining having them in this state made him sick.

"... But I don't care anymore, I'm done being Red's stepping stone, this is over" he wiped his eyes with his sleeves.

“I have decided to become a champion, I don't care how long it takes! When I'm at the top I'll show Grandpa how wrong he was with me! " When he let that out of his chest he let out a huge sigh.

"Thank you for listening to me, it is sad to only have a Rocket to hear me, ironically my grandfather said to stay away from you"

"You can call me Nick, boy."

"I'm Green ... and if this is another reason because they compare us"

"..."

"Putting that aside, don't you have anyone other than your grandfather?"

"I lived in a small town, my parents died and my sister idolizes my grandfather too much"

"You should start by waking her up, I don't have much to tell you, I'm not the right type for family problems, I've been alone my whole life"

"Sorry"

"Don't worry, as for that Red, I can sympathize, my Rattata didn't finish well after a meeting with him either, physically he recovered, but he may never fight again" Nick clenched his fists to remember.

"He makes himself loved, that loser"

"All have problems, I must continue"

"Are you going to go up ?, Let me accompany you, anyway, I was going to go up as a test"

Nick knew he wouldn't stop so they just went upstairs, as long as he didn't delay it, it would be no different than being with Ronnie.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

"This place is very strange." Green could make a list of what was wrong with this place: from lunatic exorcist to a disappearing Marowak.

"Everything seems like this lately"

(The people in this place need help, some just threw down their Pokemons and began to sing or babble nonsense) Nick was fed up with the Gastly.

"It was weirder than exciting and there is only one old man at the top, I was expecting at least one MT"

"I have business with him" Nick assumed it was this Fuji, he was a bald old man with an apron, and walked over while Green searched for something of value.

"Who are you? Why did you come? ... No, that uniform, Dirty Rocket! Why don't they leave peace to me and this people! "

"In the first one it is said" to the people and me "and in the second we just want you to leave the tower, old man"

"I refuse and you can't make me, you scoundrel!" Eager to fight Fuji took out a Pikachu.

"Twice in a row would be too much" Nick chose Rue.

"Pikachu knock him down with a quick attack" At full speed he collided with the snake, but it resisted firmly

"Ekan, E" (You will need more than that, rat)

"Quick, constriction." Taking advantage of the proximity, she caught him and began to strangle him.

"Free yourself with thun ..." But Nick cut him off.

"Screech and then dig"

(How lucky that it is a tower with natural soil for the tombs)

"What?!"

"Ekan does not learn that movement normally, he must have used a TM" Green looked at an electronic device, he stayed to watch the battle aside.

The snake yelled right into the electric Pokémon's ear, leaving it a bit disoriented and preventing it from hearing the command, and plunged it into the ground along with her.

"No, Pikachu!"

They both emerged from the ground with the unconscious Pikachu, although the Ekan was somewhat stiff.

(Static electricity. my luck, this reminds me to look for a ground attack for King when I have time)

"You're going to pay for this Rocket!" Fuji changed to a ...

"You don't see many of those around here." Green scanned it with his device.

“Lickitung: His tongue stretches out like a chameleon's. When he licks his enemies, they shudder. Despite his appearance, he's a normal-type. ”The device rang.

"Thanks I guess" Nick changed to King

The old man was about to complain, but his opponent stepped forward.

"Poison sting"

"Dodge it and stomp." The pink mass easily evaded and approached to strike.

"Respond with Horn Attack" Both pokemon collided, despite getting more hurt, Lickitung pushed the Nidorino.

"Double kick"

"Hold on and use Disable" The normal pokemon took both hits in pain and his hands lit up

"Nido" A red light surrounded King

"Tsk, Horn Attack again" Nick don't expect to lose effectiveness.

"This old man, he has tricks up his sleeve, Rocket, he responds with a stomp" They collided again, with a slight difference.

"Liki" The pink Pokémon looked sick

(At last) Nick was complaining that static electricity only needed two hits.

"Good job, come back." He changed Hunter.

"Coward, use a lick." Lickitung stretched out his long tongue at Beedrill.

"Stay away and use String Shot on the leg" Flying at high speed, she avoided contact with her tongue and entangled her opponent's leg.

Green knew he was coming, when he saw the pink Pokémon stagger

"Use your stomp to hold your ground"

"Take advantage and use Poison sting"

Despite not falling to the ground he still received a shower of thorns.

"Lick again, watch your legs" However, when his tongue stretched Nick did the opposite.

"Your favorite, Twineedle"

Hunter flew excitedly, passing his opponent's tongue, and his limbs lit up green to head towards the defenseless opponent at full speed.

"Liki" he released after the blows and not holding any more fell unconscious

"Bi, Bi" Hunter buzzed up and down excitedly.

"I did not think that a simple Rocket would make me use this" The old man released a kind of purple jelly.

"This can't be a simple old man" Green scanned again

"Ditto: he can copy the genetic code of an enemy and transform himself into a replica of it"

"Do you want to stop with that ?!" Information is important in battle.

(Great, I know what to do) he kept Hunter.

"Fury Attack" Beedril charged excitedly with his limbs glowing

"Transformation and Dodge" A light surrounded the crowd and it turned into the bug type.

"Bi, bi" After landing the first blow he couldn't touch it.

"Objective accomplished, come back" Nick chose to battle Fey

"Quick attack and then gust" The bird charged at full speed.

" String Shot" he tried to catch the bird as his Lickitung had been stopped, but Fey masterfully evaded.

(He thinks we haven't practiced for this) Nick smirked as the gust hit the copycat and he fell.

"Change form, again." The old man was anxious.

"Don't let him, use quick attack"

Fey hit Ditto again as he transformed and miraculously endured.

"Pidgeotto" For some reason, Fey looked offended by the copy of her and flapped her wings loudly, but no gust manifested.

"He's using cyclone," Green commented.

(Fey loves to hide these kinds of attacks from me)

"Get away quickly!"

Ditto being so fatigued that he could not dodge the strong winds and fell senseless to the ground.

"Arh!" The old man growled.

Nick would consider taking some of his Pokemons from him, but he would prefer to prevent another old man from having a heart attack and because of his gaze he would fight with his teeth for them, leaving old people badly injured, without adequate reasons, was not his method.

"Why are you here?! Why are you stopping my noble cause ?! "

"Old man, I just want you to leave the tower."

(It doesn't have to be so dramatic)

"I would not be surprised if Giovanni wanted my head hanging as a trophy, that greedy and immoral thief" Fuji turned and looked at the ceiling with a face to remember difficult events.

"Your boss does not accept that this destiny will fail, he could not Lance before, he will not be able to with it now"

Green wondered what was the point of all this? Nick just listened he was getting used to people getting off on him.

“He is crazy! Crazy! ... but you know I would let Giovanni rave with his criminal fantasy if he left me alone ”

"Sorry, I can't…" Nick took a step.

"Stay out! I left behind that damn project with Giovanni almost eleven years ago and it has not left me alone since then, I am a different man and those were different times" Fuji looked so mortified.

"I've seen things, young man, if I knew the whole story, you wouldn't work for your boss."

(We are a mafia, there are few ways to sink lower)

"When I beheld the abomination we create ... I thought I saw the root of evil ... I'm telling you ...!" At that moment a new voice interrupted Fuji.

"You want to paint a very vivid picture, it should have been written, Fuji" Administrator Archer arrived at the scene.

"You!"

"Glad to see you again, how have you been?" Archer said sarcastically, then turned to Nick.

"Nice job disabling him Nick, I'm glad I don't have to."

Nick just nodded

(It was my job, you would have arrived earlier)

"That's a nice spiel you've got, Fuji, but it's already an old tale, I suppose you also told how you rushed to pledge allegiance to Lance to save your skin after Oak's surrender or how you delivered national scientific material to pay your retirement? Your little act of doing good as an innocent old man is fooling no one. Besides Oak, you are the greatest traitor and coward this region has ever had! "

"Y-you're crazy, Rocket, should I have kept fighting? What for? It was inevitable, he was just being realistic! You are criminals, how the hell do you try to be morally superior !? "

"Hehehe ... we don't pretend who we are, Fuji, but enough of this." He turned his attention back to Nick

"Special orders from the chief, I will keep the fort here with some reinforcement soldiers, just don't attract attention and you can go back to base, in other words, good job here, boy."

With all said and done, Nick and Green made their way downstairs.

"I have to say it, Mr. Rock-I mean Nick, never expect to see something like this."

"Every mission is an experience" Nick felt, for some reason, that he was sinking more and more into something annoying.

"I know why the other guy called my grandfather a traitor ... it's difficult, I can't understand everything, but I'll be a better champion, I'm sure of that"

"That's the attitude" It was the best thing he could think of.

"I'll stay with Raticate a little longer, I can bet we'll meet again."

"I have that feeling too, see you later"

Nick went to the exit of the tower

(All Rocket missions are and will always be like this)

7