Chapter 16: An Invasion Starts
213 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During the night at the Pokémon Center, Nick expected to have the now-typical meeting with his team after a mission, but he had to take a call first.

"Nick, sorry for delaying our date, but one of the employees resigned and we are short staffed, you better be worth those jerks from HR to find someone quick, I'm not the type of nurse ..." Nick listened as she vented for a while

"Anyway, I know you must be anxious, but thanks for waiting ... and listening to me" She rubbed her head somewhat flushed, her partner sometimes told him that she tended to ramble.

Nick could only nod when a scream came from the video call.

"Ha, Amara leave that Primeape, I'll call you later" she blew him a little kiss and cut the call.

"Haaaa, let's continue" Nick just got carried away at this point.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………… ..

Nick gathered all his Pokemon.

“Friends, our Maid got her first evolution” The whole team cheered

"Piogeotto, Pi" (They grow so fast)

"Breedrill, Bee, Bee" (All, strong, super)

"Arbok, Arbok" (Soon you will be as big and strong as I am) Rue surrounded her with her tail.

"Nidorino, Nidorino" (Because if you say words of encouragement to her, anyway, congratulations)

“Brio, Brionne” (Heh, heh, thanks) Maid clapped her hands happily and then gave her teammates a hug.

When the scene ended Nick continued.

"Moving on to another topic." Nick pulled out a pokeball.

"A thief tried to rob me and we got this, let's see what he is and if he can join us"

"Brionne" (We saved him from a bad guy) Maid said with great justice in her voice

Fey preferred to save comments and not discourage the girl.

Rey just released an uncomfortable cough.

Rue was cracking up and Hunter was looking at her confused for not understanding the joke.

Nick tossed the sphere and from the light it formed a Vulpix with a pink bow on its head.

(Fire type, not bad ... other girl, I must be happy to at least have Hunter and Rey)

"Vulpix, Vul" (What do you want again, you disgusting commoner?) It took the fire-type Pokémon a few moments to realize the situation.

"Vulpix, Vulpix" (Why did you take so long to rescue me !?)

she was complaining to her presumed saviors.

"She seems to have energy, team explain the situation to her while I bring her meals" Nick felt that she did not need such a gentle and compassionate treatment as Maid.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

"Why should a young noblewoman like me suffer so many tribulations?" The Vulpix lamented her situation when she found out that she had only been stolen again.

"Don't be sad, you're safe from that bad man" Maid tried to cheer her up.

The Fire type was going to tell them what she thought, but Fey spoke first.

"Do you have somewhere to return? We could help you." Fey wanted to give her a chance.

"Of course; They must have groups looking for me everywhere, I am of a very high caste; even a bunch of Pokemon like you guys could take me home. ”She stood tall and very proud.

"You just sound like a talkative" Rue rolled her eyes.

The fox looked very offended.

"What would a savage like you know? I come from one of the richest and most influential families, they have trained me to be the perfect lady in every possible way"

"In all huh? How about in battle?"

"A lady should not participate in something so vulgar, but she should always know how to defend herself, do you want to try?" She gave her a defiant look.

"Heh, heh, heh at least you're not a coward, but I don't like taking advantage, this is more your size" The Arbok put Maid in the middle with her tail.

"Eh?" The Brionne looked confused

"Don't involve Maid in your affairs," Fey criticized.

"Hush, ma'am, this will be good for her or do you think she will lose?"

Fey closed her beak, but she was muttering not very pleasant words.

"Feel proud you will be defeated, by one of the noblest of her species" The Vulpix tried to intimidate Maid.

"Will it be like training?" she innocently asked Fey.

"Let's leave it like that" replied the bird

"I already want to see her expression, hehehehe" Rue continued laughing.

"Fun?" Hunter asked King who was next to him.

"No, she's just crazy ... like almost all the females I know" King sigh

"I have everything, what did I miss?" Nick had come back with the food to see Maid confused with the Vulpix surrounding her, Fey covering her face with her wing, Rue laughing and King sighing as he leaned against Hunter, who scratched his head with his spear.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nick returned to base at just the right time to participate in a strategy meeting.

(I must have slept late, at least Rue has been happy these days especially after the practice battle between Maid and Lisa) The idea crossed Nick's mind when he saw the group of people in Giovanni's office.

"Oh there you are Nick, I guess everything went well on your last mission?"

"Blaine is ready to listen to orders."

(How lucky that he did not decide to escape to another region) It was a possibility knowing that he was being pushed by both sides

"Splendid work. Now, gentlemen, we can begin the greatest operation that the  Team Rocket has ever had. ”Giovanni looked at all of his administrators.

"The interrogation of Fuji, by Archer here present, brought to light that Silph Co. is in the process of testing a new top secret invention, it has been in development for years, the so-called" master ball. "the maximum efficiency in Pokémon catching issues. The importance of this tool is obvious, whoever wields it will have control of a legendary, such as legendary birds or… even Mewtwo ”Giovanni maintained a serious attitude.

"But this opportunity is also a threat, if Lance got his hands on it, it would be a grotesque disaster, which is because we will seize the master ball before anyone else and become a force to be reckoned with!" He said with firm determination.

"Our spies in Silph Co. have been a great help to obtain information, it is time to take action and carry out an occupation of their headquarters and Saffron City" He turned to Proton.

“Direct all the agents available for the operation, take the necessary measures so that the scientists and the personnel remain calm, and when the place is ours, I will direct myself to the president to demand my demands. The master ball will be ours! "

Some, like Proton, gave a round of applause.

"Don't waste a second, we will give a mission update at Silph HQ, come on this is a great time for Team Rocket, show no signs of doubt!"

(Boss seems inspired) It was Nick's general opinion of the speech.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

"I never thought I'd ever participate in an occupation of a city, although I must admit we acted fast." Nick was thinking of small targets like a store as he walked into Silph's headquarters.

"Hey, Nick" Ronnie came over to say hello to Nick.

(They really mobilized everyone)

"This is the moment I've been waiting for, it's time for Kanto to see what Team Rocket can do, we're going to kick scientists' butt"

"Ronnie I hope you understand the purpose of the mission." Nick was trying to help him.

"Don't worry, man, I'm always focused."

They were going to continue talking, but Petrel called Nick and the soldiers had to march.

"Good luck buddy" Ronnie walked away, Nick said goodbye and continued.

"It's time to start the show, the boss assigned you the main hostage-taking business, I don't know what you did to gain the boss's trust so quickly, but I'm not jealous, that's his job" Petrel pointed at Proton right at his side.

"... We are heading towards the top 5 scientists in the company, your job is to find them and lock them up, we'll do the rest" Proton completely ignored Petrel and gave Nick the instructions.

"Is there a delivery point or I only use a rope"

"Our spies gave us this, use it to close the security gates and trap them." Nick received some kind of card and went to do his part.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ...

Nick was happy, the whole invasion thing was going surprisingly unhindered, the 5 scientists: the first locked himself in just to work in peace, the second surrendered without resisting, the third turned out to be a phony who did not deserve his position and turned in not to be discovered, the fourth even asked if he could join Team Rocket because he supported the occupation of the company.

"Something really does this place wrong if the employees support the criminal organization," Nick muttered as he searched for the missing scientist.

The only things that could be classified as a minor inconvenience were moderately strong meddling guards and their own new Pokémon; She had talent, Nick had noticed when he easily defeated a Magnemite by ruffling her fur, but he couldn't get her to respond to him orders.

"One step at a time, I did it with Fey, I just have to think of a strategy later." In the middle of her search she came across a group of recruits, including Ronnie.

"Hey, Nick, they've got us busy with these stupid teleportation panels, how about you buddy?"

"I'm looking for scientists to lock them up"

"Did you get the hostage-taking? How lucky"

(I guess this is an administrator's kind of missions) Ronnie made a mental sigh

"I only need one, you have seen them"

At that moment Ronnie had a brilliant idea.

"Actually, there's a nerd-looking guy in the next room," the green-haired man pointed out.

Nick leaned in for a moment and there was the missing scientist.

(This simplifies things even more)

"Nick, would you let me ..." Ronnie couldn't finish because Nick swiped the card and sealed the room.

He could hear someone hitting the metal wall on the other side.

"I didn't even have to move him from the room, luck, thanks Ronnie" Nick put his hand on him shoulder

"..."

(Another idea) Ronnie had planned to defeat the missing scientist to demonstrate his might.

"Nick, I have to do something to get points and get a promotion, I'm just as good a criminal and strong as you, right?"

(You don't have the best track record in this company) Nick felt a little bad for Ronnie, he really wanted to be good at this… even if it's a criminal matter.

"As the hostage-taking business is over, you leave me the key with which you locked up that geek to deliver it and report the success of the mission, I know I can do more than put up stupid panels, what do you think?"

(I don't think Ronnie can screw this up in a spectacular way, the guards are mediocre, it doesn't require stealth and we're a few minutes apart…) Nick thought for a few minutes to hand over the card.

"You are the best friend a gangster could have ... Nick could you check the teleportation panel, go to step 11 so the boss doesn't waste time, if you find someone kick him out" Ronnie left at full speed.

Nick sighed and stood on the panel

"Who designed this?" He was dizzy from the turns caused by the teleportation, when he recovered he saw a person he did not expect.

7