Sword or the pen?
47 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A pen hand and a sword in the another. Across from, the man stood a god, stood an existence unquestionable by common knowledge. This man had done nothing to be where he stands now, he simply woke up there.

The man was filled with utter confusion having no understanding of what was going on. He believed this all to be a dream to where in a few moments his brain would bring out of this place, to a world filled with endless beauties.

Looking at the sword he finds it to be an immaculate piece of metal if it was metal at all. The blade was a ruby red the reflected the lights from all around him. It was unquestionably sharp with a flawless golden design along its face. Looking at its hilt was an elegant white feeling like silk in his grasp. There was no guard and with its light feel the man assumed it to be used for quick and fatal strikes.

"Exalted Crimson Terror…" The man naturally knew the name of the blade having been the creator of its existence. It was a piece of fiction he used for his books as the only sword created by the blacksmith of legend. The blacksmith had searched for many nights and days on a mission that was over the course of forty-seven years. After its creation, he ultimately took his life with the blade. The blade was from then on believed to be cursed, by the gods having been a creation that went against them. In the end, it was opposite the blade was made possible by the gods as they had given the blacksmith the materials for its creation. The cost was the man's own life. That was the legend of the blacksmith, Bob.

Breaking his vision away from the blade he looked into his other hand to find none other than a pen.

It had a pure white body with a green tip before showing the point of itself… so it was a common everyday pen.

No there was no special story to this pen it been the equivalent of the ones you could pick up off the street any day.

"Make a choice, the pen or the sword?" The god asked their voice echoing around the space. The voice was extremely feminine but also held undeniable power and arrogance.

This had made the more confused than when he first appeared here. The area completely in front of him was completely dark only allowing him to see the silhouette of the god in front of him. This had been caused by the lights being far too bright behind them making it hard to make them out.

Shaking his head, he clears his thoughts. The sword was the sword of legend something he specifically created for killing and destruction. A sword surrounded by mystery and unfulfilled dreams. It hid in the shadows of the night waiting for the exact moment to strong and when it did the quickness wouldn't give people time to react.

In the other hand was a common pen! So how was this at all a question? Yet here he stood thinking this over time and time again.

A killing sword flawless in every way… but a common pen! He couldn't make himself believe that was no trick to any of this. Thinking through everything, he sits down. Putting them both down in front of him he puts his hand up to his chin in thought. He wasn't even tossing a glance at the sword his mind fully trying to understand the pen.

Most people would just say that they would take the sword, it was a no-brainer. In most cases, this man would agree with them, but something was strange to him here.

It was all too easy, nothing was ever this easy when it came to his dreams.

"Aster you don't have to think this hard…" The god replied completely in wonder on what was going on.

"Ahhhhhh!" Aster screamed his body following backward his hands roughly gripping his silver hair.

Seeing this the god was at a loss on either to laugh or cry. This wasn't meant to be hard, an all-powerful sword or a fucking pen! How can someone be so brain dead to where they don't make the normal choice?

Throwing himself back into a sit-up position Aster finally replied, "I chose the pen!" His voice was extremely confident and he even had a smug look on his face.

The god was at a complete and utter loss of what to do at this moment. This man is truly brain dead. He chooses a pen…a pen over an all-powerful sword. There was likely not a second person in the entire universe that would make that same choice. She would even as far as to say in the all the universes.

As Aster made his decision the sword vanished from laid only leaving the pen behind. Not hearing any sort of reply yet Aster gloats, "There is no need to be in such awe of my brilliance. You can just let it out. I know I'm amazing."

"…Are you serious?" She was a complete loss of words for how to continue this. He was supposed to choose the sword and then she would send him away with that as his side.

"Of course!" Aster still had that smug smile covering his face. He really felt extremely confident with himself for looking past the appearance of the pen and making the choice for it anyway.

"How stupid can one person be!" The god exclaimed in anger,

Hearing the reply be totally different from how he expected Aster lost the smug smile as he only followed with a "Huh?"

"You choose a common pen over Exalted Crimson Terror the sword considered the most elegant craftsmanship ever done by man. Yet you choose a pen! How? How!" She was fuming, this wasn't how it was meant to go.

Everything seemed to click at this moment for Aster as he started to panic, "Wait you mean this really is a common pen?"

"YES! You chose that pen over the sword of legend you spend many days dreaming up!" The God answered,

Reacting on the instant he holds the pen out to the god his hung low and on his knees pleading, "Take it back. Take it back. Let me choose the sword. I made a mistake."

Shaking her head, she explains, "I can't do that. You had the choice for the pen and can't change for the sword now! You will have to live with it. How can you be so dumb?"

"Just let me pick something, anything, anything besides this common pen!" He didn't change position still begging.

Going into thought she begins to think of if there is any way she can help him in this. This had never happened before. Everyone usually chose the weapon of their dreams over the pen. Looking through her memories she tries to see what she could do.

Aster stayed there not making any moves for what felt like hours. After what felt like a day Aster fell to the side his legs having given out. What felt like a day was truly only fifteen minutes.

Noticing this the god was once again at a loss on how to handle this. Why was this man out of people chosen to move worlds, what was so special about this man? Well except for his stupidity, absolutely no endurance, completely average looking, and having sat around creating sleeping most of the time. Just how was this man so important?

Somehow ignoring she remembers an old rule around the choices. It hadn't been implemented since its creation but there is always a first time for everything. Reading it over once the god was left in a shock. 'Are you serious?'

Coughing into her hand she gets Asters attention. He immediately reacts getting back into the kneeling position once more, "Because of your choice you get to… Choose the weapon you bring with you!" This rule had left the god at an impasse of whether to laugh or cry. 'So, stupidity pays off? The others are probably laughing at this moment!'

Seemingly forgetting everything that had transpired before this moment Aster was back to his smug self, "See the pen is truly mightier than the sword!" He even began to laugh after this all.

"Just make your choice…" The god didn't want to be around this man anymore in fear of losing brain cells.

Aster doesn't act hasty trying to think what would be the best weapon. Thinking through all the chapters he had written for his story he remembers a very special item. The most powerful weapon he ever thought up. It could crush gods, slay demons, destroy the world but somehow create houses. He remembers a commenter who had stated that a house made completely out of these could equal Chuck Norris. This statement alone proved this weapon's power.

He questioned if such power should exist though. Then remembering that this was all a dream he asks for the most powerful weapon he ever created.

"I choose 'The unequaled son of heaven, the sealer of demons, the weapon lost in space, and the object that traveled dimension'!"

Her sweatdropped at the name but didn't dare question any of this. She was curious about what he had asked for. She had to admit that it did sound powerful and all mighty.

In the place of the pen in Aster's hands, a new object appeared. It wasn't a sword or gun, nor was it a lance or any common any day weapon.

Seeing it the God was completely flabbergasted losing her patience she shouts, "Out of everything? Why the hell that!"

Visibly hurt by her statement he holds the object close to his chest, "How dare you! This is the most powerful object ever created for my story. Exalted Crimson Terror in comparison is mud. For this is the Dao of the Brick!"

Completely done with this man she sends him to the world he was ordered into. The object he had chosen to take him was… a brick. Yep, you read right, he chose a brick…

"I need a raise…" She comments after seeing him gone.

3