Chapter 22 – Can you still hear me?
516 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

– Sora’s Perspective – 

 

Lately, I’ve been training along with Hachiro and Nanatsu. Bell-san wanted me to learn through combat and not by conventional means. He said I’m too old to be spoon-fed, thus he wanted me to figure things out while I’m fighting these two. I guess eighteen is too old for him, I thought it was twenty-two.  

For me to win against these two annoying brothers, Bell-san informed me that I must disarm them to declare my victory. The two of them are limited to swords and I can freely use any method that I could use against them.

I managed to disarm Nanatsu in our first fight. It was an easy match. I didn’t even use my magic. But…

 

** clang! **

 

With a swift of his ironclad hands, my sword flew away. Its impact made an aftershock to my whole body until numbed my fingers. He didn’t stop after he disarmed me.  

 

“You damn cheater!”

“Hahaha, take this - Reality Slap!” Nanatsu made a slow-motion effect, waving his hand, imitating the flow of water.

 

** slap, slap, slap, slap, slap ** 

 

He bombarded me with consecutive slaps one after the other, hitting every part of my arms before he slapped me in the face.

 

“!! Kugh!” I passed out for a moment before I hit the ground.

“Ha! Paaaathetic!” Nanatsu mocked me before walking away. 

 

My left cheek turned reddish after the fight.

 

“A-Aniki wins!”

 

Hachiro stuttered before declaring the victor. 

 

“Heeeyyy! You cheaters. I’m the true victor here! Didn’t you see that, Bell-san?”

“Nope, I didn’t. I can’t really tell since I’m blind.” He waved his hand on his face implying his disability.

“Wait, didn’t you tell me before that you could somehow see us?”

“Yes… Yes, I did. But you must be close to me for me to know that. Even if I want to, I can’t risk my life watching up close.”

“That's… Hmnnnn!!” out of anger, I banged the ground with both hands and feet. 

“...”

“You guys are cheaters! Bell-san, please believe me. I really won!”

“It’s two against one, if both of them say so then you clearly lost.”

 

Hnnn!! These two brothers are starting to get on my nerves. How can I make Bell-san acknowledge me if these talking parrots are always around him? I can’t even flaunt my skills. That damn cheater. I’ll make sure it won’t happen again when I’m against Hachiro.

 

“Can you still fight?” Bell-san asked.

“Yes, I can still fight.” 

 

I silently stood up and grabbed my sword plunged to the ground. My cheek still hurts.

 

“Where’s Nanatsu…? Oh well. I’ll do the honors instead.”

 

** clap, clap **

 

Bell-san clapped like a king.

 

“Now it’s Hachiro vs The Princess.” 

 

Hachiro and I stood a few meters apart.

 

“Hello.” Hachiro greeted me while waving his hand.

“I hate you.” I immediately replied.

“About what happened earlier…” Hachiro whispered.

“Hmph! I won’t listen to you.” I whispered back.

“Let the fight begin!” Bell-san declared the start of the fight in the background.

“I won’t lose like the last time!”

 

Hachiro raised his sword just above his chin like he was holding a rapier before we clashed our swords. 

 

“If I give you one copper coin, will you forgive us?” He whispered.

“What? Like hell, I would accept the last copper you have.”

“I’ll make it two.”

“!? You’re just giving back the money you stole from me and it’s not even half of what you stole from me.”

 

** clang, spark, spark **

 

I backed away while we clash our swords. Whenever he gets close to me, he often raises his sword just above his chin, brandishing his sword against me. It’s really difficult to tell where he's going to hit me next the more he does it. His body movements don't match his childish attitude during our fight. He's completely different. I have no choice but to use magic against him. 

 

“[inflaramaare]!”

 

!! 

 

Oh no! My muscles were too relaxed. A giant ball flame that shines violet devours my hand. Hmn! It hurts. I don’t know if the flame is eating away my gauntlet but I could feel it. I tensed up my muscles to squeeze it down. 

 

!!

 

Hachiro has gotten close to me. I jumped back and threw the ball of flame at him. 

 

** KABOOM! **

 

I made a direct hit. It lit up the place in an instant but it didn’t spread. The flame simply vanishes right after the impact creating a dense fog around us. It smells like the magic crystals I held before I’ve gotten into this mess. 

Under the thick fog that spreads even more. I could no longer find Hachiro. He’s not difficult to find, especially with his enormous body bigger than my size. I might have won already… Or… or I might have accidentally killed him. 

 

** swoosh **

 

!!

 

Hachiro wipes away the fog. He’s behind me! 

 

** spark, clang! **

 

In slow motion, the sword flew and spun endlessly, making metallic vibrations echoing through our ears before it plunge on the ground near Bell-san. I was breathing furiously as I caught my breath from our intense fight. The winning end raises the tip of their sword just above their opponent’s neck. The fog slowly subsides. 

 

“So, who won?” Bell-san asked.

“Sora won.” 

“Mmmm? Really?”

“No, it’s Hachiro’s victory, not mine.”

“No, it’s clearly her vic-”

“This sword is clearly from the princess. I doubt it’s yours, Hachiro.”

“...”

“I know you’re trying to cheer her up after she lost against Nanatsu, but she won’t improve if you keep on pampering her.”

 

We both lowered our guards after Bell-san declared the victor.

 

“As for you, princess. You don’t have to feel so low about it.”

“I don’t, I just don’t like being chea-”

“It’s okay. No need to reason out for it. I don’t really expect you to win after learning a few simple steps.”

 

Now Bell-san even thinks I’m pathetic. This is embarrassing. Ughhh!! That guy… I hate him. 

 

 

After our training, we made a small camp for the four of us. Bell-san and I sat next to each other while the two cheaters sat on the opposite side of us. 

 

“Why are you still here?” Nanatsu asked.

“Do you have a problem?” I asked back.

“Well of course we have, we can’t sleep with you around here.”

“Hmph, you guys don’t even sleep.”

“!! How did you know that?!”

“!! What the. You guys don’t sleep at all? I just guessed it.”

“!! Of course, we do sleep too.”

“!! We can sleep too, Aniki?” Hachiro stood up facing Nanatsu.

“Well of course we can… If we try hard enough.” 

“That last sentence sounds sketchy.” I said.

“Why are you still here? Go back to Freya or something.”

“But I don’t want to!” 

“Now, now, princess.” Bell-san caresses my hair.

“!! ...”  

“I think he wants you to report back to Freya.”

“But I don’t want to. Besides, she’s too scary for me.”

“She might be worried.”

“She won’t believe me anyway.… If she wants some updates about me, we can send these cheaters to her. ”  

“Nah-uh! That ain’t happening.” Nanatsu raised his index finger and moved his neck sideways in disagreement. 

“Well, the princess has already said it. I think you two should report back to Freya instead.”

“Ughh! Why us, she’s old enough to prove herself.” Nanatsu stretched his feet and pointed his palm at me before complaining. 

“U-understood, B-Be-Bell-sam… Bell-san!” Hachiro stood up to report back to Freya.

“Tsk… Fine.” Nanatsu stood up and went after Hachiro.

 

 

Finally, I’m alone with Bell-san. It’s quite peaceful when Nanatsu and Hachiro aren't around. Oh god, my heart is starting to beat intensely. I’m starting to go insane as I think of so many things to do with him. Hehehe… mmmhhh. It’s probably something fun… 

I must calm down. It’s still too early for me to think about it. Breath, Sora, breath. I’ll gobble him up soon enough. 

 

“Bell-san.”

“Yes?”

“Do you know what I’m holding?”

“A leaf.”

“!! That’s amazing.”

“Thanks” Bell-san faintly smiled.

“What color is it?”

“**sniff** a brown one.” Bell-san’s nose twitched before he answered. 

“!! H-how, how is that even possible?”

“Just a wild guess.”

“Mmmm… Really?”

“Somehow, yes. I can’t see but I can still sense you.”

“I see.”

 

I silently stood up and distance myself to Bell-san.

 

“How about this, can you still sense me?” 

“Yes, you’re waving your hand right now.”

“**giggles** how about this one?”

“I still sense you.”

“How about this one?”

“I can still hear you but I don’t know where you are right now.”

“**giggles** Can you still hear me?”

“Yes.”

 

His hearing is quite sharp. I’m sure I’m quite far away from him right now. I just have to move away further and once he can’t hear me I’ll pop up next to him and eat him up from there. Hehehehehe. Then we’ll do the things I haven’t done in my life and soon we’ll… we’ll run away from here. Hehehehe. Hahahahaha. Wahahahhaha.

I went deeper into the bushes.

 

“Can you still he-mmmmh !!” 

 

Someone from behind slid their hand under my mask. My cheeks were squeezed tight. This hand reminds me of how we first met.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be training?”

“F-Freya-sa-mmmhh.”

“Shh, s-shush your mouth.” Freya squeezed my cheeks and rudely shook my head. 

“I-I’m sorry, Freya-sama…” 

“...” 

 

Freya ignored me. She was looking at Bell-san from behind. Bell-san was sitting alone in the campfire, it seems he wouldn’t check up on me even if I suddenly went silent. I looked back at Freya whose face was a little bit worried, different from her usual furrowed brows that are always disturbed by my presence. Her eyes are locked on him as if she’s remembering something. 

 

“Freya-sama… Are we going back to the wagon?” My heart suddenly ache as I asked. It seems I won’t be able to run away with Bell-san.

“No, I want you to spy on him. Find out who he is.”

“!! Reall-”

“**gripped** Shush your mouth I said.”

“Hm, Hm!” I nodded. My jaw hurts. 

“Hmph, he might be one of the apostles of the Church of Gaia. I’m sure I already killed every last one of them.”

“So that’s why you were always missing.”

“Hmph. If you deemed him to be part of that cult, report back to me and I’ll kill him myself.”

“!!”

“Do you understand?” Freya raised my cheeks and looked me in the eye.

“Yesh, Freya-shama.”

 

Freya looks back at Bell-san again with a worried face. Her attitude went back again after she looks at me. 

 

“Get back to work.” 

 

Freya pushed me away from behind. I almost stumbled but I quickly regained my balance. When I looked back, Freya was already gone. Damn, She’s huge yet I never heard her wings flap before. Is she an assassin or something? 

 

 

“I thought you were lost back there.”

“I’m sorry, It’s just…”

“It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it.”

“About what?”

“...” Bell-san faintly smiled. 

“Did you hear me back there? Hehe.” I made an awkward laugh.

“Nope.”

“Really?”

“It’s the truth.” 

 

Phew, that was close. He might have been disappointed if he hears about it. Soon after, I sat next to Bell-san.

 

“Bell-san…”

“Yes?”

 

Should I ask him if he’s a spy or something? It’s usually my knights who do the interrogation and not me. Ughhh… How should I start this? I can’t even tell him about what happened back there… Hiik!! Freya might be watching us somewhere. 

 

“Uhm… sorry, it’s nothing.”

“You must be tired. I think we should rest already.”

“We’re going to sleep together?”

“Oh, I was expecting you to come back to Freya. But if you want it that way, why not.”

“!! N-no, it’s not that…”

 

Bell-san already took out a sleeping mat. 

 

“I only have one, but it’s enough if we snuggle close to each other.”

“!!”

“**tap, tap** it’s done, let's go to sleep.” Bell-san tapped on the sleeping mat and he’s waiting for me.

 

Didn’t he hear me?  Sleeping next to Bell-san… Oh no, I don’t think this is a good idea. Freya might see us. Should I say no? If I said no, I may not be able to get this chance ever again. If I said yes, Freya might kill me. What should I do?! 

 

“Till death do us apart!” I stood up and raised my fist.

“What?” Bell-san was confused.

“I-it’s nothing!” I removed my mask and hung it on my waist.

 

I then sat on the bed and fell next to him like a log. Bell-san faintly smiled before hugging me closer to him. I buried my face to his chest. It’s so warm and comfy. I’ll be sure to thoroughly clean myself up before Freya see some traces of light on me. 

I’m starting to feel horny. My heart won’t stop beating intensely. I can’t control it. Ooohhh… What if Freya sees us. What if it rains… I think we should stop this already. 

 

“B-Bell-san, I’m sorry but…”

“...”

“Bell-san…?”

“...”

“Bell-san…?”

 

He’s already asleep. I might be the only one who thinks about lewd things. **sigh** it seems my former knights have corrupted my mind with their stories. That’s right, I should sleep as well. There’s no point in thinking too much about it.

 

– 

 

“Didn’t I tell you before to stay away from him!” Freya was flying above us when she woke me up. It was already raining. 

“F-Freya-sama! I-I can explain.”

“No, your death has already been decided.”

 

Freya summoned her spear, its shockwave abruptly brushed up my hair and It almost dragged me along with it. I held my ground by crossing my arms and crouched as close as possible to the ground. 

 

“W-Wait, wait! Bell-sama will never come back if you kill me.”

“I don’t care. **swoosh**” Freya let go of her spear with a thunderous speed.   

“!! Nooooooooooooo. **chuck, splat**”

 

**gasp**

 

My heart was beating terribly fast after I woke up. Thank god it was just a dream.

 

**Fsssshhh**

 

“!! Bell-san, it’s raining-”

“...”

“Where am I?”

 

Is this a cave? No, we haven’t moved yet, the campfire is still there, just outside. It seems Bell-san made a small house for us while I’m asleep. This place smells like it’s made out of mud. 

How long have I been sleeping? An hour? Two hours? Mmmm. The sun hasn’t appeared yet. I doubt I’ve slept more than that. 

His arms are still wrapped around me. Even without a blanket, his body heat is enough to heat me up for the night. …. I slowly wiggled my way close to his face. **giggles** He sleeps like a baby. His face is quite different when he's awake. 

Oh, His blindfold is a bit loose. I should tighten it up for him. But before that, let me see what’s under. 

I raised up my right hand to slightly peek at his eyes. The first thing that caught my eye was his silver eyelashes, next was his brows. His eyelids were partially open. Violet eyes? I’ve never seen someone having such an eye like his. It's quite dull, it doesn't even have pupils. No wonder why he’s blind. 

 

“Oh…”

 

I got closer to his lips as he tightens his arms while he was asleep. He’s too close. I’m starting to feel weird. My lips are getting closer to his. I really want to do it again… After a moment, I finally kissed him. I bit him with my lips, it’s so soft and yummy. 

 

“Mmm”

“!!”

 

I quickly slid back to his chest when he silently moaned. Please don’t wake up, please don’t wake up, please don’t wake up. I hugged him back and went back to sleep. 

 

 

13