5. Forming contract with a useless spirit (1)
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Roland"

"Yes, Master"

"How much time would it take for you to recover?"

"About 3 to 4 hours"

"Okay, you can focus on your recovery, and also be on lookout, I am going to sleep now, we will talk tomorrow morning"

Maximo went into his tent and talked to Dina before sleeping.

(Maximo: Why do you think I am not affected by negative aura , that Roland is speaking)

(Dina: You have transmigrated with the power of lord Uriel, there are remnants of his power in our soul, which are resisting against negative aura and it even provide some extent of resistance against bloodlust and death aura)

(Maximo: So impressive)

(Dina: Of course, he is my idol and one of the strongest beings in the existence!)

(Maximo: Why aren't you like him?)

(Dina: Why are you such a talentless waste ?)

(Maximo: ....)

(Maximo: Are there any hierarchy of magical spells too?)

(Dina: Yes, level 1 spells are the weakest and level 13 spells are the strongest which are used by god class beings)

(Maximo: What is the level of the spell Roland casted earlier?)

(Dina: It's a level 4 spell, it is generally casted by a senior mage, but he casted it while being in early stages of junior mage that means one thing he is a ..)

(Maximo: A prodigy )

(Dina: Instead of prodigy, you can say that he is talented)

(Maximo: Got it, he is a good find)

While Maximo was sleeping, Dina was vigilant towards Roland because as an angel it's her duty to guard against demons and undead.

––————————————————————————

Morning.

Maximo woke up, after a good night sleep. He went out and saw Roland fully covered himself with black cloak and cape. 

(Dina: As an undead, it is uncomfortable from them to be under sunlight. It will not directly harm them but undead like dark climate more)

"Good Morning Roland"

"Good morning master, what should we do now?"

"First, Roland do you know about this lake?"

"Yes, Master this lake has been like this  for eons, this forest is called borderline forest which serves as a border between mortal realm and forsaken realm, this part of the forest has many monsters which are rank 1 and even 2.

(Maximo: rank?)

(Dina: Monsters are classified into 9 ranks, rank1 being lowest and rank 9 being highest)

I have been staying in this place for 20 years, I died 37 years ago,  when I was alive I heard that many people wanted that flower 🌺 in the middle of the lake but the water is toxic and killed many people even senior mages and weaker archmages, from then this lake and this entire area has been declared has forbidden area by Rosa Dynasty, after I died and became a undead lich, I decided to take refuge here and become strong, because even monsters didn't dare to get in here."

After hearing to Roland Maximo became even more curious about this lake and asked Dina.

(Dina: There is a protective barrier around this lake, unless one comes to proximity they can't find this lake, it can even block the sense of superior master mage.)

(Maximo: Can you do anything about it?)

(Dina: Yes, the barrier blocks the area and sense but we are very near to it, so it should be safe. I am going to use my divine sense)

{Dina: Sense}

After a while, Dina gasped in shock, Maximo asked her,

(Maximo: What happened?)

(Dina: It's a spirit!)

(Maximo:A spirit ? but spirits are supposed to be in 'The Great Spirit Earth' right?)

(Dina: There must be a story behind it, spirits are prohibited to stay anywhere other than their realm, the only exceptions are when they are in contract with a spirit warrior)

(Maximo: It's a contracted spirit then?)

(Dina:No, it do-)

"Master, look!"

When Maximo was talking to Dina, he heard Roland's panicked call and turned his head towards lake and saw that , the flower was shining the plants and trees around the lake are starting to rejuvenate.

 "How beautiful"

Maximo was marvelled by the beauty and the phenomenon in the front of his eyes, from his childhood he was a nature lover, he stayed hilltop during in his initial years and even when he was busy in missions, he took his time to grow plants and donate to NGO's and organizations which work for nature, seeing the marvelous pink lake Maximo slowly sat down and recited a poem

"In spring of youth it was my lot

To haunt of the wide world a spot

The which I could not love the less-

So lovely was the loneliness

Of a wild lake, with black rock bound,

And the tall pines that towered around.

But when the Night had thrown her pall

Upon that spot, as upon all,

And the mystic wind went by

Murmuring in melody-

Then- ah then I would awake

To the terror of the lone lake.

Yet that terror was not fright,

But a tremulous delight-

A feeling not the jewelled mine

Could teach or bribe me to define-

Nor Love- although the Love were thine.

Death was in that poisonous wave,

And in its gulf a fitting grave

For him who thence could solace bring

To his lone imagining-

Whose solitary soul could make

An Eden of that dim lake"(A/N: poem by Edgar Allan Poe)

Dina was mesmerized by the poem and was impressed by his proficiency in poetry,

(Dina: It's a good one)

(Maximo: Thank you for the compliment, miss angel)

"It is excellent master, even scholars in the capital are no match for you"

"Stop with your nonsense, you must be thinking that I am atleast good at something and not a complete waste right?"

"No it's not true master"

No one wants to work under a useless and untalented fellow, even though Roland was enslaved to Maximo he never fully submitted to him, Maximo know this but he didn't say anything because,

(Actions speak better than words, I should make him submit to me by my very own strength not by Dina's spell)

Maximo was determined, then he saw that the phenomenon has ended and something came out of the flower, it is a small creature with white upper half and green lower half, it had beady eyes and pink blush mark on each cheek, long ears and small but pointed nose. On top of its head are several spheres of pollen that form a crown. It has stubby arms and a tail, but no visible legs.

It is holding the yellow stigma of a flower . The flower has three stamens and rounded petals that can are red. It also has a short green stem with three small leaves.(Imagine Flebebe Pokemon)

It slowly approached Maximo, completely ignoring Roland and said in a sweet voice,

"Are the one who woke me up?"

0