Prologue: Hiking
46 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Early morning, the sun's top begins to peek out over the horizon. A cool breeze passes through the trees as water droplets collect on top of the leaves and blades of grass. The shifting of gravel breaks the silence, as the man walking breathes watching the smoke of his breath lingers before disappearing to the wind.

The smell of coffee permeates the air, the man smiles as he stops before a wooden canopy designated as a resting spot.

' This is relaxing '

' Taking in the scenery with deliciously brewed coffee, no one around, just me surrounded
by the mountain's gifts. '

' Yesterday was a monumental day, the small company I grew, for the first time gave a positive net profit. It's a small step but only gained with a lot of effort and mistakes. '

As the man recalls,
"Hey Kir! have you seen the report I sent you?"
"No I haven't Henry, What is it?" [Kir]
"We stepped into positive net profit! We're finally at the starting line!"[Henry]
"What!? we need to celebrate!" [Kir]

' We knew how difficult it was to start up a company as software developers, but I guess we weren't as ready to tackle this business as we thought. However finally, we made it to the starting line. '

Emotions start to swell up along with a strong sense of adventure. Drinking the last bit of coffee left, Kir stood up before the mountain trail.

' This mountain has done a lot for me... 
Whenever I felt sad, lost, afraid, and happy. I would hike up this mountain and take in the view, it was one of my favorite activities besides watching cat videos. Reaffirming myself at every major viewpoint fills me with determination. '

*bzzzt*

Kir heard something vibrating. Feeling for the phone in his pocket before pulling it out.

' It wasn't my phone. '

As Kir looked around searching for the source of the sound, it became louder.

*BZZZZZZZT*

A strange sense of dread and fear started to spread in Kir's mind. Kir didn't know why but it felt dangerous.

Kir started to descend the mountain as fast as he could, but the vibrations were only getting louder. Until collapsing to the ground desperately grabbing his head.

' My head! the vibrations were coming from my head! Help...'

looking for any help he could Kir grabs his cellphone before vomiting and losing consciousness.

1