Chapter 2: Another Flower
116 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The lunch break soon comes to an end, the once busy hall become deserted, as its patrons vacate the location by turn.

Among those who are still in the school restaurant, the small group of three was resting on a small bench of the restaurant’s interior garden.

Gracefully sitting on the white bench, Lily Lambert has her book in her delicate hands, diving into her pages' story.

Her other hand tenderly caresses the smooth and long black hair of her little sister, resting on her laps.

Ivy Lambert, the usually peppy young girl was as calm as a sleeping cat.

Alex Maxwell was sitting on the table a few feet away from the sisters, sipping some tea in a fancy porcelain cup. From his point of view, the sisters interaction was akin to a scene from a painting coming to life.

After putting his empty cup down, he stands from his seat and address the still awake sister.

Lily, I’ll excuse myself first. I’ll see you in class later.” He gently tells the young woman, making sure his voice is loud enough for her to hear, but quiet enough to not wake the sleeping beauty.

Alright, see you later.” She replied, raising her beautiful face to look at him with her deep blue eyes.

She lingers a little while, looking at his back going further, before re-plunging herself in her book.

Leaving the sisters behind, Alex Maxwell arrives outside, in front of the school central building, made of white stone and taller than its adjacent two.

Now, on to my next move” He said to himself, with a mischievous smile before he enters the immense red wood door.

____

Shortly, the afternoon classes will resume, and the now awake sleeping beauty was back to her bright side.

I’m going back sis. I’ll wait for you at the front gate after school.” She told her sister, and run toward a group of two young girls, that seem to be waiting for her.

Lily couldn’t help giving a soft smile toward her sister, before she herself leave for her class.

This time the class took place in a large room, several metal tables could be found with four seats allocated around each one, instrument and glassware recipients were orderly placed on top of them.

The sterile white wall, the strange equipment on the side and the tall glass cabinets made it clear it was the school laboratory classroom.

Many students were already occupying the different workstations, seating together with their respective group of friends, chattering among themselves, while waiting for the professor to arrive and the class to start.

Ryan Doyle was also there, he made sure the seats around him were empty, for when the belle comes in the classroom. He courteously explains to some students wanting to take a seat that the latter was occupied.

Soon after, Lily arrives in a white lab-coat, upon seeing her graceful figure entering the room, a brief silence from amazement emanated throughout the onlooking students.

Her lab-coat hides her generous silhouette, but was short enough for admirers to catch few glimpses of her white delicious thighs.

She looks around to find an open seat, before noticing a young man raising his hand and waving, in the guise of a sign.

With a few strides from her long legs, she arrives at the table and takes a seat in front of him.

How was your lunch Lily?” Ryan Doyle inquired, hiding his uplifted mood from his small preparation success.

It was good.” She politely replied with a smile.

He engages in small discussion with her for a few moments, before another young woman interrupt them.

"Is the seat taken?"

Even though, her tone of speech seems to be coarse, a feeling of softness and sensuality could be felt by looking at her misty gray eyes.

Her golden tanned skin and short wavy blonde hair were well matched, making her sultry face more beautiful.

Her open lab coat unveils a fit young lady, the chic tee shirt she wore put in valor her modest chest, and the tight ripped black jean outlined her long and slender legs and bountiful hip.

N-no, it isn’t, go ahead.” Surprised but not displeased by the girl’s apparition, Ryan Doyle stuttered a bit before answering the young lady.

Hey there Lily!” The girl address Lily Lambert, with a nonchalant smile as she slowly sits beside her.

Hi Eliana!” Lily answered with a gentle smile.

Students around the room couldn’t help stealing some peek at both beauties, both of them were so different to each other, one exudes an elegant charm, while the other a sensual appeal, yet both of them were equally attractive.

It has been a while since you attend an afternoon class.” Lily remarked, but was more than happy to see her friend.

You even left early after the first period.”

Eliana Carter is an exchange student from the Union, she has a special case of working as a professional model, rarely attending class and often traveling abroad.

But despite the few times she is on campus, students have already considered her as another flower of West-Castle high school.

Well, I had some works to do this morning, but thankfully my company has rearranged my schedule. I’ll be at school more often from today.”

Ryan Doyle was elated from this serendipitous development. If not for ruining his image, he would shout out to everyone about his fortunate case, especially to Alex Maxwell, whom he bears a rivalry hatred, seated at an adjacent table.

This time, I’m ahead of you Maxwell” He thought to himself, discreetly looking at the young man with some contempt.

____

Ryan Doyle engaged small talks to the two beauties of his table, still delighted of the recent development. A few moments later, a woman in her late-twenties greets the students, who begin to tone down.

Hello Class, from today you are going to start a new group project. And at the end of the semester it will serve as your evaluation for this course.” The woman explained to the attentive students, as she looks into her notes, then continues.

You are 30, so separate into groups of three, and choose a scientific project of your choice.”

Hearing the professor, suggesting the group distribution, Ryan Doyle saw another chance presenting to him.

It was certain Lily and Eliana would be in the same group, asking them to collaborate means he will be working together with the two flowers of West-Castle, for the remaining of the semester.

But before he had the chance to ask the two young ladies and utter a word, a familiar voice cut him in his momentum.

Lily, mind if I join the both of you?” The young man asked with a bright smile.

It’s okay. how about you Eliana?” Lily slowly nodded, and turn to her friend to hear her opinion.

Eliana stares at the young man for a while, without saying anything. Her mesmerizing gray eyes pry him as if she was looking at his soul. She put her long attractive hand on her cheek and then answers.

Sure! I don’t mind.” She replied with a playful smile on her face.

Ryan Doyle couldn’t believe what he saw, thing were going great in his favor, the two flowers of the school were within his grasp, his rival was seated away from them, and yet, once again Alex Maxwell managed to sweep away his thunder right under his nose.

All he was able to do was to swallow his pride and to settle for another group.

____

The rest of the afternoon class was for the students to form their science project group and brainstorm a topic with their professor.

One and half an hours later the professor dismissed the class early, giving the students 30 minutes of free time before the last class of the day.

Some young folks continue their discussion, while others leave the laboratory heading in different directions.

The professor herself has left the laboratory heading back to her office. On her way, a young man intercepted her from behind.

Professor Blair!” The young man called in a loud and clear voice.

Oh, Alex! What’s wrong” She replied, stopping on her track and waiting for the young man to catch up to her.

In front of her, she saw a healthy gentleman, she cannot say he was handsome, but a strange charismatic air was exhuming out from his confident demeanor.

I called you to submit to you our chosen topic.” He said, handing her a filled form and an envelope.

The envelope is a small appreciation, for letting me know about the group project this noon.” Maxwell followed with an innocent smile.

She was surprised, and almost outraged that a student would shamelessly dare to give bribe money to a professor, whatever the trivial reason was.

But before she could lecture him, he explained.

It’s a lunch ticket for extra desserts outside the restaurant’s buffet.”

Do not worry about it, ask me anytime if you have some question about the course.” She responded with a smile, feeling a little embarrassed for misjudging her student, but relieved that the young man had a somehow cute way of showing his gratitude.

____

The last class of the day was an optional complementary class that students have chosen to complete their formation.

Lily Lambert and Ryan Doyle were on the same literature class, Eliana uses these hours on catch up lesson, whereas Alex Maxwell was on the history class.

The classes passed by quickly, and the last bell rang, signaling the end of the day.

Upon hearing the noisy sound, young men and women flock out of their lecture room, some were leaving for their after school activity club, other were lollygagging around the campus and other were going toward the imposing gates of the school’s entrance.

Understanding this would be his last chance of the day to woo the young lady, Ryan Doyle quickly rushed outside and wait for Lily Lambert at the school gate.

This time, I will offer to accompany her to her home.” He muttered to himself with conviction.

Plus, it would not be strange our houses are in the same neighborhood.”

Before long, the young woman came out of the white stone building, the gentle evening breeze flutters her long black hair in the air.

Her short dark dress seems to gracefully dance under the wind, and her slow and steady walk was a scene that many young men would dream about.

Lily!” The young man exclaimed hesitantly, before a black luxurious SUV-car pulled out in front of the school gate, and open its passenger door.

SIS!” Ivy Lambert exalted, rejoicing from seeing her sister.

Lily was confused, It wasn’t their parents' car, nor have they scheduled a ride, usually the sisters took the school transportation service yet her sister was in this stranger's car.

Come in, I will give you a lift!” The voice was coming from the front passenger seat.

Recognizing the voice, she let out a sigh of relief and enters the car leaving Ryan Doyle on his own.

I’m sorry Doyle! I will see you tomorrow.” She told the young man, already suspecting his previous intention?

Despite the strong protest in his heart, Doyle wasn’t able to say anything, dumbstruck and frustrated that for the nth time of the day, he was beaten.

Maxwell gives Doyle a friendly smile, instructs the driver, and the car left the school premise.

____ End of Chapter 2 ____

3