The Skull Queen: A Halloween Treat (One shot)
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Skull Queen: A Halloween Treat

 

Opening the door, thinking that it was too early to see little kids dressed up, I wasn’t surprised to see a little girl standing there.

It was after all, Halloween. But it was closer to the time of three…Four in the afternoon…Didn’t they come out at night?

“And what are you dressed up as today?” I ask, I already knew this sentence will be used more on this night.

The girl looked at me, then put a hand up against her hair, that was in a bun and even had a tiara…A real tiara.

“I suppose this is one of my not so fabulous dresses.”

…It was clearly a dress made for this type of occasion, yet I had to give it to the girl, she was acting rather well…Obviously she was some type of Skull Princess or Queen. She had a skull wand, skull rings and a skull on her dress…

“I’ve come to inform you that I am having a day off!” She suddenly said.

 

Uh?

Well, I didn’t expect that!

‘Trick or Treat’ is the norm…Or has things changed?

“A day off?” I couldn’t help it, I was dead set curious! What is her having a day off got to do with Halloween?

“Mmm.” The little girl stated, touching her nails like a model…

Ok, so she was acting even better than I thought!

“I’ve come to a few random meager human houses to inform them that there will be a few savage mummies and unfashionable ghosts hanging around and that…”

I watched her look at me, like I really was some puny human, and she continued, “If you want to live, you should stay in tonight!”

 

Haha! That was great!

I clapped and smiled, “Ok, I’ll go get you a treat, stay here.”

She earned it!

How interesting, she had made it out as though she was the one that controlled the zombies and what not, stopping them from coming out on any other day!

That was really awesome!

 

Coming back, I put the few treats into her bucket and she looked at it with a bit of disgust.

“I did not bring this for such things…It was only for heads…”

Heads? That little bucket?

It was clearly a bucket for treats!

“I told my servant that this bucket was too small, but she didn’t find me a bigger one.”

What?

…Are you asking for more treats?

A bit confused, I looked back to see what I thought was her mother and she literally chuckled softly, like I was a joke!

“Let me tell you, human. This may work for those little mindless zombies…They don’t use brains after all. These little ‘lollies’ might be enough to get them away from you.” The girl was looking at a lolly in pure interest, as though she was not really here for it!

 

Watching the little girl, that must have really gotten into the acting role of a skull Queen, I just stared at her for a moment.

“As for the ugly witches, I wouldn’t worry about their magic, for it won’t work tonight!” The girl said, sighing and putting a hand to her waist.

What could I say? I wasn’t worried to begin with but if this little girl kept going, I might really start to believe it!

What an awesome way to use Halloween though! She used it to state that she was having a day off! Ha, now every kid that comes to the door for the rest of the night, dressed up in their costumes, I’ll think of her!

Giving them lollies…I’ll think of her!

What a little devil!

 

Did the mother come up with this?

Looking at the mother, I see her proud, smiling face and really wondered what other people had said to this little girl that had knocked on doors!

Alright, I’ll tell others of this little girl and how she had made my day!

And honestly, I wondered what other reactions there were to this couple of what I assume as mother and daughter!

Looking into the bucket, there wasn’t anything else besides my treats there…

But…Ah…It seems the mother had something to her side, they must empty the bucket every time, so that the kid could say it was for heads and talk about the lollies for the zombies…I see…

 

Smiling at the girl, I really wondered if she will be talked about the next day by the neighbors, “Little girl, maybe it’s time to…”

She interrupted me, “Yes, I think you’re right. I’ll go inform another human of what would happen if I have a day off but…I will not be around for much longer, I know you have something called a phone, so in my stead, call others so that I will not have so much work to do!”

What!?

…Are you ordering me around!?

 

“And…What if I say I won’t call anyone?” I stated, wondering how far this act will go.

The girl smirked at me and raised her eyebrows, lifting a shoulder at the same time, “I don’t care. As it is, I’m only here to inform you because I have to do it on my day off. They call it regulations. Can you imagine, if I don’t do this…Apparently, all humans will perish! Which I think is completely blasphemous!”

She shrugged and turned her head, like she really was the Skull Queen…A Skull Queen that was clearly not happy that she had to come to a human’s house!

Right…Blasphemous…

Maybe I should get her more candy for acting so far into her roll!

 

“Well, I’ll leave you be…To do whatever it is that you’re doing. If I waste too much time here, I won’t have much of a day off now, will I?”

The girl turned and I heard her mumble, “Can’t have that!”

In the next instant, I see the child walk towards the ‘mother’ and she stated in that Princess like tone, “Come servant, if we waste away in this god forsaken place, I’ll be blaming you!”

“Yes, my Queen.” The mum stated.

I watched as the two walked off, the ‘mother’ behind the child, like a real servant…

I had to admit, that was probably one of the best ‘trick or treats’ I’ve ever had!

1