You are not here to cancel the marriage?!
101 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Welcome to your new life." A voice echoed in Loki's head.

"My new what?" He asked in confusion.

"Life."

"But I never died."

"I know."

"Then why am I changing worlds?"

"I'm bored."

Loki was flabbergasted at this being, "So I'm punished for your boredom?"

"Who said anything about punishments?"

"Well in web novels the MC who changed worlds is always weak and looked down on. He faces so many challenges but always came out ahead. They're so brave, so unlike me."

"Well, this is your lucky day then!" The voice was joyful.

"I'm going to be that MC aren't I? So much work."

"Here have this. This should help, all MCs have them nowadays." The spirit, likely Deity, imprinted a system into Loki's soul.

"Welcome to the Main Character Novel Experience System." The voice took a seductive feminine tone and spoke lightly right into his ear. The voice visibly annoyed Loki.

"Seriously you're using her voice? Can you change it?" Loki complained before asking for a change.

The Diety laughed at Loki's pain, "You won't be boring." He didn't change the voice though.

Loki could only release an exasperated sigh and hoped someday he would forget the face connected to this voice.

"Now get going! I can't wait for you to be the next MC!" The Deity kicked Loki out faster than he pulled him in. Loki thought his vision would go black like every other MC but he could see his surrounding perfectly, it was glorious.

He saw the world spinning faster than the normal eye could comprehend, leaving only blurs of color. He felt like he was standing still while he watched everything blend together. The world was so bright that it felt blinding; however, Loki didn't take a second to blink integrating this scene forever in his mind.

They say your life flashes before your eyes when you die. In this single moment before his next life, this Deity had replayed Loki's 20 years in 2 seconds, this light show was 20 years of life. He could hear the voice jumbled together and tried to in some form make out voices but nothing was similar.

Surprising the world slowed down and Loki was left rewatching the last day of his previous life. He was alone at a strip club his eyes glued to his phone. In a light voice, he whispered to himself, "Happy birthday me." He walked through the doors and tried to find a stripper. He held a large stack of 20s in hand but he didn't follow the catcalls of others, the shouts of most, or the drunkness of all. He stood rooted in place his eyes locked with the stack of bills. He had tried multiple times to replicate the actions of others of throwing money but he couldn't bring himself to do it.

In the end, he stayed in place for three hours not taking a drink or step from his place by the stage. On his way out of the place, he looked back down at the bills and over to a hardworking waitress. He walked over to her and handed them all over without thought. The woman's voice was the same system's. She was the last person to speak to him before he crossed over, "You looking for a good time?" He paused at her response unsure of how to correctly go about this situation. He felt walking away would seem rude but taking her offer would be plain wrong, right?

She saw his hesitance to answer and took the initiative herself. She grabbed hold of his hand and pulled him into the back room. Loki knew he could no longer deny her services. When he finished and walked out, he was pulled into his next life.

---

Loki woke up the next afternoon his body looking the same as it was previously. "Weirdest dream of my life. Last time I read a wuxia novel before bed. Wait when did I get a bed..."

"Welcome!" The seductive system voice was back.

"Okay, so what's the mission?" Loki began to change into new clothes, which shortly showed he was in decent shape, a good warrior physique.

"No missions, host."

Loki stretched a bit but didn't reply to the system. He made his way downstairs and went out for a run. It was a blistering summer day, something Loki hadn't taken heed to. As he ran around the complex he noticed no one else was out running. Every house he passed, including his own, was monstrous in size. He wasn't surprised by this, as the voice had stated he was trying to make Loki an MC. To every MC there are young masters as the villains and himself as someone down on luck.

The first person he saw in this life was an old man going out for a run much like himself.

"Morning." He shouted out after the old man.

The man turned his head around to see Loki try to catch up with him; with a smile, he answered back, "Loki Scofield, interesting sight to see you out this morning. Thought you would be locked away studying like everyone else in the complex."

Loki had caught up and slowed down to match pace with the old man, "It's only the 1st we still got near three week till testing. The only way to get a perfect grade is to be perfect in body and mind. Everyone forced to be locked away by their parents will do great academically not physically."

The old man laughed at Loki's view of the situation, despite the man's physical appearance he still held a strong voice, "You don't think they'll do well in the fitness exams?"

Loki shook his head, "They'll do fine, they just won't achieve a perfect score as their parents hoped. Without the perfect score in both subjects, they can't go to the best school."

"You think your will?"

"I think I have a better chance," He looked around at the house still to not find a soul out and about. The two drifted away from the topic and into a meaningless conversation for the rest of their run. The old man was finished first after an hour while Loki went on for another two before returning home.

"Loki!" He heard a masculine shout from the kitchen the same moment he walked through the door. At the shout of anger, he grabbed hold of the doorknob and tried to make his escape.

"Don't run away from this!" The man was too quick though he already had a hand on Loki's shoulder before he could escape the residence.

"Your fiancee is in the other room and has been for an hour. I know you dislike having to get married but you can't keep running! So get your ass in there!" His father ordered as he pulled Loki away from the door and tossed him in the room with his fiancee. To say she was anything short of a once in a generational beauty would be a sin. Along with a background equal to his own, only an idiot would decline just a situation.

"Mission #1: Get your Fiancee to call off the Engagement.

Time Limit: Three weeks

Reward: A cultivation manual

Punishment: Lose Memories of past Life."

'Wait she isn't here to call off the marriage! What type of novel have I been thrown into!'

2