1
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

- - - |Sudden Move?| - - - 

"Mom... Really?" My mother had her second divorce a little over a week ago.

Today is a regular Monday and she decided to move cities this morning at 9 A.M sharp. Don't Mondays suck?

"Yes, darling. We don't have much time so let's go." 

"Mom... I am not even close to ready! How could you decide something like that in a span of an hour?!" I have been trying to knock some sense into her for the past hour.

"Well, we are not gonna stay here, at my ex-husband's house all our lives." 

"Duh! But the neighbors down the block are literally selling their apartment! Why do we have to move cities??" I argued, raising my voice as I throw my arms around. 

I knew my mother was unpredictable and spontaneous but this is too much. 

"Darling, The decision was already made so go get packed up." 

"Made by whom?! And what about school? It starts tomorrow!" 

"I have sorted everything out." She said as she looked away. 

I crossed my arms. "I think it takes a bit longer than an hour to transfer me into another school in a different state mom, and I haven't seen you on the phone or laptop since I have woken up." 

She sighed. "Ok fine, it was decided a little over a month ago." 

"And you didn't think to tell me?" 

"Robert and I were busy with the divorce. It escaped my mind.." She apologized with her eyes. "Now, please, do me a favor and get your stuff sorted. Robert will help us with the moving." I sighed, defeated. 

"Ok but I have to talk to my friends and at least say goodbye." 

"Do that." Then she walked away with her eyes cast to the floor. 

I hated seeing my mother this helpless. She is a strong woman that captures the hearts of men in a heartbeat but this makes it her second divorce. I could see the hurt, I could feel it radiating off of her.

Robert, her now ex-husband, was nice enough to let us stay at his house until we find a place of our own but I guess the move was decided a long time ago, and they both were on it. 

I wish I knew how to comfort her and take some tension off her shoulders. 

I watched as she retreated to the kitchen to make the first meal of the day. 

"Hey, kiddo." Robert squeezed my shoulder as he approached me. "How are you taking all this?" 

"Whose decision was it?" I cut straight to the chase. 

"What are you talking about?" He raised an eyebrow as his eyes roamed my body. Then I instantly remembered that incident.

"Dude, you are a grown fucking man and now also a pedophile. Keep your eyes to yourself." Robert seemed taken aback then composed himself. 

"I never liked that big mouth of yours." He smirked then I cringed in disgust.

"I am so glad that mom finally witnessed who you really are." I slapped his arm away that somehow ended up caressing my palm. 

She caught him watching me sleep a few months back while touching himself and since then we have tried doing everything possible to put him away but all he had to do was deny it all, and since we had no proof we couldn't do anything another then the divorce... and this sudden move?

How could I forget something so important? Was it because we barely crossed paths with this man in his own house?

Realizing my mistake, I quickly stepped away from the pervert and went to see my mom that was just about finished making the both of us breakfast. 

I hugged her from behind. 

"I am sorry, mom. It completely escaped my mind... I'll go get ready ok?" She sniffled then rubbed her eyes. She nodded. 

Sometimes, kids forget that mothers will do anything for their children and that everything we say could hurt twenty times more than someone else saying it.

"Eat first." She made my favorite chocolate-flavored waffles with a chocolate syrup drizzled on top and a few pieces of strawberries on the side. 

"Thanks, mom." I kissed her cheek. "I love you." 

"I love you too, darling." We sat across each other and ate in silence, all while that man was watching us like a hawk before walking away, and leaving us in peace. 

"So... Could you help me with my stuff?" My mother giggled. The tension in the room lightened.

"You are 17 and still can't pack your own suitcases?" 

"Not when I have been spoiled so much." She shook her head. 

"Sure but this time, make a list of general things that you always need to pack, ok? My own mother taught me to always keep that list since I used to forget all the time." 

"My grandmother?" Unfortunately, I couldn't meet her. She passed away long before my birth. Margaret was her name. 

"Yes." Mother nodded with a sad smile. "-She was a very wise woman. I still have to teach you her ways but remember, at the end of the day, the choice is always yours."  

After finishing up our breakfast, we both climbed up to my room that was on the second floor of the house and we started packing my stuff. 

- - - | - - - 

"All good?" Robert asked before trying to help me up to the moving truck. 

I slapped his hands away. "Don't fucking touch me!" I sithed with anger. 

After finding out about his 'late night activities' and how many times he could have possibly done them, Robert became bolder about his very clear motives and tried to get his hands on me every time I was near. 

"Aw, come on now, at least give me a kiss before leaving." He stepped close to me, blocking my only escape route with his arms on either side of my head. Trapping me between the truck and himself.

"Dude, what the fuck!" Then he suddenly grunted in pain before falling to the ground clenching his private area. 

My mother stood behind him with a phone in her hands. 

"This will serve as proof in court of your advances on my daughter! NOW GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM HER!" My mother stopped recording before handing me her phone. -"Hold this for a second." 

Then she grabbed his arms and dragged him back on his own porch, throwing him away from her like a rag. 

She grabbed the back of his head, pulling at his hair forcing him to look at her. "If I see you near us, my daughter, ever again. I'll make sure that you won't be convicted for sexual harassment alone. Am I clear?"  

I could clearly see the fear in his eyes before nodding. 

"Ladies, are we ready to go?" The driver, who was at the back arranging our boxes appeared. 

My mother let the man go before straightening her hair and pulling a business smile on her face. 

"Of course. Get us out of here." 

"Yes, mam." Then we both climbed inside and began our drive away from this man, hopefully forever. 

"Mom..." 

"Yes, darling?" 

"Remind me to never get you angry." 

"Oh, don't be silly. I could never hurt my jewel-like that." She pinched my cheek with a brilliant smile.  

"I love you, mom." 

"I love you, baby." 

" 

0