03- Ringing phone!
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"President Anders I actually- I- I thought you didn't remember so I was just trying to not make it awkward" I relunctantly replied trying my best to not crack up my voice too much. I'm not afraid of him. It's just I don't like embarrassing situations and he's making me feel so embarrassed by asking it so brazenly.

"Well you did make it awkward and now I'm even more frustrated. Why can't you do anything properly? you really get on my nerves" He said with a mocking tone. "Well whatever I just wanted to tell you that don't tell anyone about last night. I don't want any rumors to spread. Got it?" He added.

"Oh yes. Absolutely I won't. I hope you're all better now."

 Pfft why would I tell anyone. This annoying man things too highly of himself. He's the one who needed my help and now instead of thanking me, He's questioning and ordering me. Okay I know he's my boss but showing gratitude is not a big deal. We've known each other for over 20 years because of our fathers. I wonder if we were ever even friends. But I don't really remember my childhood let alone being friendly to an annoying prick.

"Just get to work and bring me the project report for which I told to make some updates upon yesterday. Also get me a cup of coffee. Hurry up." He said rushing me.

I don't know why he makes me run his errands like I'm his personal secretary. I work for the project team and yet he treats me like some intern.

*

He made do physical labour today. I've carried so many files here and there. Now I have so many paper cuts and soreness from the heavy files I had to carry all day long. It was like he was punishing me for something. Although he always does this butbtoday felt different. He seemed extra annoyed and angry.

Was he like this because I left this morning without telling him? He seemed quite bothered since he even asked me. 

No no. It can't be why he's like that. Why would he want to see my face first thing in the morning. I know I don't want to see his. Well there is no questioning the crazy. 

Brushing his words and behavior to the back of my mind I sat in my car as office hours are over and I need to get home now. Julie will be coming over. We'll watch a movie together as tomorrow is weekend and its rare for Julie to have some free time from her clinic. That intern she hired is really useful. He takes care of things properly which saves Julie a lot of time.

As I was just going to start my car, my phone suddenly rang. 

'NASTY NATHAN' flashed on my screen.

"Come to the front of the building now." he commanded and cut the call instantly without giving me a chance to say anything to him.

"Ughh. Why me? Why does he bother me so much?" I groaned in annoyance.

She was cursing her luck when walking towards the entrance of their office building which had 100 floors. It was the tallest building in the city and even beyond the city limits. There was no other which was this tall and well structured like this one. Offcourse that was the case since it was owned by the Anders Group. It was at top as far as business and wealth was concerned. 

The Anders Group (TAG) was started by chairman Anders when he was young. His brilliant personality and amazing work ethic made him the most wealthiest businessman in no time. Even though he belonged to a family of landlored, he took no help from Nathan's grandfather and building this giant organization with his own skills. Now their company dealt in redevelopment of various cities and doing cooperations with others to provide better housing to the people.

Since now Chairman Anders is becoming more confident in giving his son the reigns of the business he's focusing on giving back to the society. He started several scholarships and other programs to give opportunity to people from diverse backgrounds.

Due to his passion a lot of people got opportunities to study which they weren't able to because of monetary constraints and social problems. His efforts made so many people employed. 

His humanitarian belief system is really commendable. He does not lack in any sense as a human and even as a businessman. 

Unlike his own son, Lou got to the entrance of the building from the parking area. It took her 10 minutes to walk there and she him standing out infront of a giant automatic glass door looking at his phone.

She walked up to him and as Nathan's eye lifted to see her she gave him a small bow. Before she could speak he interrupted her. That was becoming one of his habits recently. He would intterupt her at every turn.

"I called you a lifetime ago. What took you so long? Why aren't you speaking huh?" he said in his irritated voice.

Note: I strongly believe in humanitarianism and wanted one of the characters to have that belief. Being good to people and uplifting them without any ulterior motive and wrong intentions is what everyone should do because as we progress in our personal lives it becomes our duty. I hope you enjoy.

XOXO

1