08- Have some wine
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nathan took her back to his condo and placed her on his bed. His arm still hurt from the injury but he ignored the pain. He couldn't care less about his own injury right now. His eyes were glued to her sleeping face. She looked uncomfortable and her entire face was covered in her sweat and tears. Nathan brought a clean towel and helped her wipe her face down with it then he sat besides her on the bed.

He slowly lifted his hands and covered her with a blanket then he brushed her hair aside so that her face could be seen without any hinderance. He let out a sigh and blinked slowly. 

'What was I thinking getting so close to her, she's nothing like that now and she almost ran into the rain. As annoying as she is that shouldn't happen. If only my father didn't force me to train her, this would've never happened. I need to get my thoughts together. This should never happen again.'

He went to sleep on the couch.

The next day Lou seemed to have a little fever. Nathan had informed Lou's father about her last night. In the morning they pretended like nothing happened last night and didn't talk about it at all.

Nathan just told her that Dylan was back and he woukd drop her off. Dylan was his best friend/chauffeur/secretary meaning his most trusted personnel and a childhood friend. Dylan's father was a very close friend of Mr. chairman so they basically grew up together. 

*

For the next few days office life went on as usual with Nathan making Lou miserable but oddly enough he wasn't bothering her as much as he used to. She thought that maybe he was embarrassed for his actions so he was doing this but who knew what went on in that devious mind of his but nevertheless she was still really tired from running around all day. He even made her do petty jobs for which they had interns. Yet this was calmer than it usually is.

The bomb that was awaiting uts exolosion finally exploded when Lou was informed that she will be following Nathan for a business trip. The trip was planned for 2 weeks. She'll be assisting him on all the business related matters. She knew this was a wonderful opportunity for her to learn new things but she had to accompany Nathan. Dylan was going with them but he will not be with them for most of the trip as Nathan wanted him to do some other work.

They were leaving the day after the day Lou was informed. It was winter where they live but the place they were going to was in mid summer. She needed to pack light for it then. Lou hated summers, mostly because she didn't like to wear thin clothes as they drew attention to her figure and she hated that. She was considered an attractive by normal standards although everyone is beautiful. She got a lot of male and even female attention because of her beauty but she never got used to it. That's why she liked to hide behind the comfort of thick coats and oversized jackets. 

They were going to take the private plane for this business trip. Initially Nathan, Dylan and lou were supposed to leave together but due to some unknown reasons Dylan was going to come the next day. So lou was left alone to travel with Nasty Nathan. 

Lou had told Julie about her bad fortune. She laughed and pitied her friend but what can be done, this busniess trip is going to be crucial for Lou's career. So she gave her friend some words of encouragement as Lou boared the fight.

"Here have some wine." Nathan offered Lou some wine when he saw her discomfort. He wasn't all that bad but he was just too stubborn and headstrong at times. 

"Ah I've never bad red wine before. I'm not sure if I should President." Lou responded.

"It's okay it tastes sweet and it won't get you drunk besides you're fidgeting too much and its distracting me. You need to ease your nerves."

"Oh okay. Thank you President Anders." Lou reluctantly received the glass of wine and took a sip. She actually liked it so her initial reluctance was gone. She downed the whole glass in a single swig.

"Woah woah slow down. I said you won't get drunk but if you drink like this you'll be drunk in no time as its your first time trying" Nathan said with a surprised expression on his face.

It was too late as Lou actually ended up getting drunk. It was really amazing how fast she got drunk with such little amount of wine. Nathan was confused thinking was she a child that she couldn't even handle this much. He sighed deeply.

Lou felt her head getting dizzier and she fell asleep really fast after this. She slept the entire journey. Nathan was baffled looking at her sleaping without care. They were on business here. He must be blamed for offering the drink to her. He sighed so many times whenever he looked in her direction.

The flight landed and she was still asleep. Nathan tried to wake her up but she was really in a deep slumber and didn't even flinch. It was as if she fainted.

Note: I am trying to pick up the pace of their lives but I need to paint the picture first so bare with me. Thank you for reading and I really hope you enjoy this.

XOXO

0