Chapter 85 Morning
109 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

       RB Chapter 85 Morning

Thursday 9th, September, 2199

A trace of red appeared on the horizon. Eric had spent the entire night on the roof. Right now his hair was filled with dew drops. The cold had been nothing to him as he just needed to circulate his energy a little but to get rid of it.

"A new day, huh!" He stretched his limbs after standing up.

"We need to set off." Breakfast had already been roasted yesterday, so all they had to do was snack on it while in the car.

"Chloe, wake them up." Eric shouted from behind the door. All ladies didn't want to be their faces to be seen on waking up. That was something only reserved for couples.

He went towards their vehicle to inspect it for any mishaps. Right now all of these people were the competition. Though they were currently cooperating, someone among them might try to kill them, besides, even the underground creatures might cause damage to the car with their secretions, so he had to be extra careful. He might be a little paranoid, yes! But that was in the name of safety. His first excursion into the wilderness had left an impression.

"Oh!" He exclaimed. Someone had come out earlier than him and were inspecting their car off to the side. It was Mugumivu.

"It looks like we are alike." Mugumivu said upon noticing him.

"Yeah, I guess so."

'He has plenty of experience I see.' Eric thought as he went around the car to check for any faults.

'Hmmm...nothing out of the ordinary.' He inwardly nodded after a few minutes.

"My aunt asked about you." Mugumivu said while leaning against the car. He had also finished the inspection. 

"Oh! She did!"

'That crazy woman wanted to experiment on me. It looks like she still remembers me.' He lamented.

"How is she?" Right now, if Eric was looking in the mirror, he would see an ugly smile pasted on his face.

"She's fine. She only said that Baguma broke his promise of giving her his corpse for experiments, so she can only turn to you the only remaining survivor, to continue the deal."

'Oy! What's with that serious look on your face? Can't you see the weirdness of what is coming out of your mouth?' Eric wanted to shout at the guy.

"I don't know about any such deal so if you will excuse me..." Eric directly walked away. 

'That woman is still fixated on my body! And she works for the Black Diamond Group! I hope I never have to meet her again!' He had a dark expression right now.

"Hey brat, good morning." A cheerful sultry voice came from his front causing him to stop. He had almost collided into a person.

"You are awake?" Eric was taken back.

"Of course I am awake, its morning!" Dora looked at him with a weird look before moving towards her car with the three guards in tow.

'She spent all night at it and she can still wake up this early! This woman...' He shook his head as even the right words failed to form in his mind.

"All these people are weirdos." he mumbled before speeding up towards the house.

"Hurry up!" He banged on the door.

"Calm down Eric. You know how we ladies are." Chloe's voice came from behind the door. It had been tattered, in the verge of collapse, but they had scavenged wood from other furniture to rejuvenate it.

Eric had no choice but to sigh and simply sit down by the stairs.

'These people aren't early risers at all.' The morning coldness made him sharp and eager. Plus he was also excitable. His heart was pounding with excitement for the journey to come.

------

"Where is that noise coming from?" A groggy voice came from inside a room.

"Miss, its the others. They are preparing to head out." A guard answered from outside the door.

"What!? Sally! Hey Sally! Get up! These people are going to leave us here!" The voice belonged to miss Njibwa and she was currently panicking. She was taking off her night gown and changing back into her clothes.

When her night gown fell to the ground, Sally woke up. But what entered her eyes caused a dazed look in her eyes.

'She really is a goddess!' Even Sally whose mind was always logical felt envy.

Miss Njibwa's body had appeared in all its glory, that silky skin, the curves, the perky breasts and the protruding butt, all were simply exquisite pieces of art! It was like she wasn't born, but sculpted!

"Why are you looking at me like that? We need to hurry!" Miss Njibwa didn't notice her dazed look, she only thought that Sally was still sleepy and hurriey urged her.

"Where is the leftover meat from last night?" Miss Njibw directed that question towards the people outside the door while slipping on her dress.

"Its in the car." The guard answered.

"Thanks for allowing me to join you." Sally said at this time.

"There is no need for thanks. We have been friends since way back and I know your personality. Even though you didn't speak up for me when that guy chased me away yesterday I don't hold a grudge against you." There was no sarcasm or resentment in her statement. She was saying all that sincerely.

The two girls went out and headed towards the car.

------

"Oh! She joined Miss Njibwa." Mumbled Eric when he caught sight of the two girls walking together.

The door behind him swung open at this time and the girl trio walked out. They were on the same outfits as the ones yesterday and their hair was a little bit out of place but overall, they were passable.

"We need to find a water source to wash up and collect drinking water. Drinking animal blood is gross." Elena said the moment they stepped out of the house.

"You are right. Let's hurry up and finger one." Eric agreed and stood up leading them towards the car.

-----

The entire convoy of five vehicles was currently cruising north. In the first vehicle, there were four people, Chloe at the wheel, Eric beside her and Elena and Leah in the back seats.

"Finally! The car is more spacious!" Elena praised from the back.

"Elena, where were you when the Mpologoma clan building collapsed?" Eric wanted to make conversation and since Leah was quiet, he could only start with her.. He didn't have plenty of topics to discuss with Chloe.

"Apparently I was evacuated." 

"Apparently?" Eric parroted.

"I was badly injured, so I had to be placed in a tank with nutrient rich liquid to recover." She said 

"Aren't you sad about the death of your parents?" Eric asked the burning question.

"They can only blame themselves for being weak." All the people in the car were shocked!

"But, I will still have my revenge, even though they lost, they were still my parents." She continued.

"You are...weird." That was the only word he could come up with to describe her.

"That's the way I think and it will never change. I believe in the law of the strong." Her eyes were burning with a flame when she said that.

"What about you Leah? If you continue to wallow in your despair, how with you gain revenge? Last night...you even had a nightmare and had to be pacified like a child." Eric and Chloe jolted in their seats.

'She was awake?' Both were shocked.

Leah in the other hand clenched her fists and since her head was lowered, no one was able to see what kind of expression she was making.

"You don't know anything." She said softly.

"What?" Elena taunted.

"Do you know how it feels like to see your own mother die right in front of you?" Even Elena was rendered speechless when Leah asked. She had turned to look at her with tears threatening to fall from her eyes. A look of pain etched in her face.

"You were lucky. I saw my mother's head go...puff! And her brains splatter on my face." 

Eric shuddered.

'At least that didn't happen to Lisa.' He gulped.

"That's why...you should leave me alone." After she finished, she directed her gaze out the window.

But what she had just revealed lingered on causing silence in the car. No one was in the mood for small talk anymore.

------

"Monki, I have a proposal." He had been trying to practice energy channeling when such a voice entered his ears.

"What is it Sting?" He asked without opening his eyes.

"This is the wilderness, right? And miss Njibwa is not in her clan. A middling number of guards are with her..." Sting paused here to see if there was any dissatisfaction on Monki's face.

"...what if you acted and slept with her...after that you can slowly develop feelings?" Sting cautiously proposed.

His face started beading with droplets of sweat when he saw that Monki wasn't answering. Even the two guards in the front started sweating. It was like the calm before the storm!

"How do you suppose I can execute it under the nose of that elephant?" A collective breath of relief was taken by the other three people in the car.

2