Chapter 89 Transformation
111 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  RB Chapter 89 Transformation

"How long would you be able to run around for?" Right now Monki was just behind the trio.

'These savages are wasting our time.' Eric was starting to feel unhappy. The sun had almost sank in the horizon. Night was going to be upon them.

"Scatter" A voice from the front attracted his attention.

The middle blade weilding savage shouted to his companions. The two savages exchanged gazes of worry with the him.

'They are thinking of scattering, eh! That's good! If they stopped in place, I wouldn't be able to handle all three, even for an instant. I will just go after the one with miss Njibwa.' Monki was elated. He was waiting for that moment to spring out with more power.

The two savages who had Leah and miss Njibwa hoisted on their shoulders, broke away from the blade wielding savage and went left and right respectively.

The moment they did, the blade weilding savage adopted a ferocious expression before spinning around in place and slashing out with his white blade. It was his treasured weapon, something he had personally carved out from the bone of a beast. The air screamed when the blade sailed through it.

The moment that the two savages broke away from their companions, Monki tried to shift towards the left one as he was the one with Miss Njibwa, but a white blade appeared in his vision heading for his torso. He didn't dare underestimate it as the silver staff spun around in his hand before blocking in front of him. 

Sparks flew and his momentum was halted when he blocked the white bone blade.

"Let's go after the one with Leah." Eric suggested to Chloe and they changed directions diagonally to the right effectively passing the blade welding savage and the stalled Monki.

"Shit! Savage! What's wrong with you? Do you want to die?" Monki shouted.

The savage didn't say anything in return, instead his blade dropped down and he slashed vertically upwards with Monki having no choice but to dodge to the left. Before the savage could pull back and right himself, Monki took that chance to do a horizontal sweep with the staff. He wanted the savage to dodge to the side so that he could continue his pursuit but the savage figured it out and instead decided to block the attack with its blade. 

The savage even channelled its energy and fortified its footing to prevent itself from being blown away. Fiery sparks once again lit up the darkening atmosphere but the savage managed to hold its ground while Monki almost lost his grip on the staff. The rebound had almost yanked it from his hands. The savages prized themselves on their strength while that wasn't Monki's forte.

"Now!" Eric shouted when the savage carrying had just leaped up onto a piece of broken wall.

That shout was the trigger which made electric sparks appear on their skin before both vanished, leaving some sparks in their wake due to the ionised air.

The savage felt a chill down his spine and tried to look back only for his head to sail through the air. Eric had attacked. At practically the same time, Leah vanished from the savages shoulders! Chloe had acted.

"It looks like my cells are getting used to this speed." He said when this time he didn't faint, he only felt weak. But he still needed to replenish his energy.

"We had no choice. If we didn't, then this might have dragged out and we might have even gotten trapped somewhere. These savages know the terrain more than us." Chloe said while weakly seating on the ground. She hadn't fainted which meant that this wasn't the first time she went all out.

"I also won't be outdone!" Monki shouted when he saw the what had transpired in the other side.

Sparks once again were manifested and the two combatants split apart. The other savage who had miss Njibwa in his grasp had just put 6 meters diagonally in between himself and Monki.

"Jangu!!!" The blade weilding savage howled when he saw his dead companion and he sped towards the two culprits the moment Monki jumped back.

"Shit! Monki! What are you doing?" Eric shouted as a chill enveloped him upon seeing the blade wielder's expression.

Monki, who had been about to use his trump card was delighted by the outcome and decided to go after the savage carrying miss Njibwa.

Eric's face paled and he searched for way out through brainstorming. But nothing came to mind. His energy had almost been exhausted and that savage looked like he would even chase them to the ends of the earth.

'What do I do?' He asked himself repeatedly. 

The savage appeared when he was frozen, still contemplating!

He raised his blade and chopped downwards with such speed and force that a red glow appeared in its edge!

Eric's danger instincts screamed at him!

"Eric!" Chloe shouted before trying to get up and aid him only to fail due to a lack of energy.

'I won't die! I can't die!' A tremble appeared in Eric's previously unmmovable brain waves but no one noticed!

(Ting! Boom!) 

The sound produced when metal clashed was heard before an explosion rocked the place. 

Chloe's face paled and even Monki, who was engaged with the other savage shifted his attention towards them. That caused a punch to strike his chest and for his body to fly out and crash into the grass.

Chloe trembled and her eyes became misty when the thought that Eric had died passed through her mind.

(Howl!)

A sound, like the cry of a thousand beasts was released from within the dust causing everyone's eardrums to bleed out. They all clutched their ears and rolled on the ground in pain.

After the sound, came the pressure! Chloe felt as if something was trying to make her submit. Her head was in so much pain that her vision became blurry, this time, from her slipping consciousness.

Mugumivu who had just appeared on the battlefield was also under the scope of the suppression. The sound had directly caused his eardrums to be destroyed due to his higher sensitivity.

The waning light fell onto a figure who was in a crater. Right now, someone was clutched in its lone hand and he was struggling with all his might but to no avail. The one who was being held by the neck was the blade wielding savage and a look of terror was etched on his face.

The others all had good eyesight so they saw what was happening the moment they regained themselves. Even the two girls who had been captured had awoken due to the sound.

The first thing that appeared in their sights were violet pupils with a black vertical slit crossing their midst.

The next, was the long blue hair which even had electric sparks swimming within it like a fish. Two long curved horns grew out of the figure's head. A ferocious expression was adorned on its face and two long canines could be seen in its half opened mouth.

"Kuk! Kuk!" The savage savage wanted to scream out but that was all that came out because the figure was grasping its neck tightly.

"Eric!?" Chloe queried. Even though black scales covered his entire form, even his face, she could still see that he was Eric. Even his missing arm was still there. The peculiar thing was that even with his transformation, the scar which separated his face was still visible. Blood was even pouring out in voluminous quantities and was marring his face.

The others had looks of terror etched on their faces just like the blade wielding Savage in his hand. That was mostly brought on due to the fact that the savage's skin was melting almost like it was being absorbed by his palm!

"Eric. Are you okay?" Chloe once again summoned up the courage to ask. She was scared but her worry for Eric won out. She couldn't stand up as she had exhausted a lot of energy.

Eric turned his gaze towards her and his eyes softened. Chloe's heart skipped a beat when she saw the concern contained in them.

"Are you okay?" She once again asked. The other savage had been so horrified that he had taken off. Even the others would have if it wasn't because they were sos scared that their legs wouldn't budge. That signified that the savages were capable of overcoming their horror. It was probably because they met many weird looking and powerful life forms here in the wilderness.

'Thank god it activated at the last moment!' That thought passed through mind. Pieces of the white bone blade were scattered in the surroundings. He had blocked with his arm and when the blade made contact with his arm, it had shattered into pieces!

Eric shifted his eyes to the others and looked at them one by one.

'They are scared. Can't blame them though...I wonder whether I can persuade them to keep a secret.' He wondered. Even though many thoughts were going through his mind, he still wasn't releasing the savage. 

The savage had already died but his cells were being devoured by his to replenish his energy. 

'I wonder why this is happening? It didn't happen during the battle with that being probably because we couldn't defeat him.' He thought back to the last battle he had participated in with Baguma and Elec. His mood soured and the pressure he was releasing abruptly increased causing some of the people to faint.

"Oh, shit!" He cursed. His voice was deep, nothing like the one in his normal self.

2