Chapter 95 Caught Off-guard
94 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RB Chapter 95 Caught Offguard

In the center of the banana plantation, there, existed a clearing. This clearing was about 20m in diameter but it wasn't exactly circular, so the diameter varied from place to place. But 20m was still the average. It was the only place with an unobstructed sky. 

In the middle, there was a plant, a banana plant to be precise. But it appeared different from those around it. It was only about 5m and it had only one youngling growing round it. Yellow, bordering on golden, a bunch of bananas were peaking out from under its leaves. The soil in the clearing was bare and cracks were even in it as if it had lost all of its nutrients and was transforming into a desert. It's roots were exposed and its leaves yellowed. It seemed as if a simple gust of wind could fell it, but it was tenaciously clinging to the ground with many tiny roots.

Five monkeys in different postures, some lying down, some seated, were surrounding the plant. One had its eyes trained on the plant while the others had their eyes closed. They had yellow fur, and just by being there, they exhibited a solemn pressure. Except for the gentle breeze, nothing was producing any noise around them, even the tiny critters! The five monkeys appeared unfazed, even with the full wrath of the sun baring down upon them.

"These humans are proving to be quite troublesome." One of the monkeys lying on its side with its hand propping up its head talked. The voice was high pitched. Its expression, though, said otherwise to the statement it had just uttered. It was calm.

"All, have a rudimentary understanding of energy channelling after all" Another, lying on its back said. Both monkeys were the ones with closed eyes. If you looked closely, you could see a faint steam rising from the heads of the ones with the closed eyes.

"Take care of them. In a few hours, what we have been waiting for, for these five years is going to happen." The monkey with the open eyes ordered calmly. Its eyes never left the bananas dangling on the the plant. It never even blinked! This bunch of bananas was more important to it than some intruders barging in.

"Its going to be draining." Another with closed eyes said.

"Don't worry! I painstakingly went to the trouble of chasing and killing all the beasts which had been occupying this place..."

"...just to prevent any other beast contending with me!" Another of the monkeys with closed eyes completed. All of the five monkeys spoke with the same pitch of voice. It was calm, like they were charting about the weather.

"Though, I don't discount the chance that accidents can can that's why I have stocked up on plenty of energy." The one watching the fruits said. It had a liveliness the others with the closed eyes were lacking. You could even observe that they were a bit thinner than it.

"Okay, let's link all of our vision and kill them. We have already studied their movements. Most are inexperienced."

-----

(Piak!)

Brain matter scattered as a head exploded. Chloe had just punched a monkey but she wasn't getting any time to slack off since another was lunging towards her back.

She rotated around and hits its cheek with the back her left hand causing it to be hurled away with its neck twisted in an odd direction. It died instantly! Though that didn't come at no cost as a few deep gashes appeared on her right mound causing her to wince and a frown to appear on her grimy face.

A full ten minutes had passed but the assault of the monkeys was relentless! They had slaughtered over 100 of them, but they seemed infinite!

Blood covered every inch of their bodies and they were getting tired. Five minutes in, they had dropped energy channeling entirely due to the weak bodies of the monkeys and the need to conserve energy.

"Why are...they...endless?" Monki bellowed in frustration in between killing those attacking him.

"Ah!" As his concentration waned, he slipped on the blood covering the ground. His body started tilting towards the left and the monkeys didn't miss this chance as five lunged.

"Shit!" He cursed and his pole rapidly danced on his fingers as it rotated and smashed them away before he planted it in the ground on his left side, steadying his body. The way his staff moved was like it was an extra limb he was born with, making him a master in his own right.

Blood splattered in front of Monki catching his attention. A white figure was drifting among the monkeys causing them to lose their heads at such a speed that it was unbelievable! 

It was miss Njibwa, the relentlessness of the assault had also caused her to join the battlefield at a point. 

Feathery white wings adorned her back and every time they fluttered, her position changed. They were fluttering at a speed unseeable to the untrained eye. Monk I only saw them shivering a little and she would vanish from her position to appear near another monkey, leaving the other with a thin line on its neck. Her hands were holding two white feathers, the length of a dagger, lethal weapons in their own right since they never failed to leave than thin long line on the necks of the monkeys unlucky enough to be in their path. The feathers had been plucked from the wings on her back.

'Her beauty is angelic!' Monki thought to himself while continuing his slaughter. Miss Njibwa's face was spotting a solemn look and she was trying to make sure that no blood splattered on her even as she slaughtered the monkeys. It was like she was dancing and the contrast of the blurry white in the red and yellow was beautiful.

'We are about to hit our limits.' Sally thought while crashing a monkey's head under her webbed foot. Greenish brown scales were covering her entire body and both her feet and fingers were spotting claws. A single swipe alone was downing a monkey, no survivors! She was fighting efficiently, always going for the weak points. A baleful aura had formed around her due to all this slaughtering.

"Why did we try to head deep in the first place? We should have duked it out with the people outside! Hey! Chloe! That little brat on your back is going to lead to our deaths!" Monki complained.

While shouting at her, he lost concentration, a monkey which had been lunging forward, in the path of his pole, took the initiative to hold onto it before it was smashed to death. It had shifted it a little to the side. The action itself almost appeared inconsequential to him and he didn't even take it to heart, but something happened at that point!

A monkey, five meters in front which had been lunging at the same speed as the others abruptly increased in speed instantaneously before he could pull back his staff! It swiped across his chest with such speed and force that he paled! Since his blow had been shifted a little, even if he used energy channeling, it was going to be hard to being the staff in front of himself to defend!

'This is energy channeling!?' He thought in bewilderment.

He hurriedly urged his entire body and forced himself to take a step back! He even tried to bend his body at the waist, backwards!

'Its body is shrivelling!?' His mind was blown away once again! 

'Shit! The wind blades will reach me!' He channeled energy to his chest and a lot of fur started growing there unchecked! 

The claws passed a few inches away from his chest, but a beep gash still opened on it just a inch away from the heart.

(Boom!)

Being caught offguard had led to such a heavy injury! His heart palpitated! At the last moment the claw's speed had broken the sound barrier!

'I was careless!' He slid back a few meters before stopping.

"Mmmm!" He grit his teeth from the pain. The monkey which had attacked fell down and shrivelled until it became a shadow of its former self. He moved his right hand and carressed the wound on his chest. He almost howled upon touching it.

'What's with them? Energy channeling? Capable of strategy? What else then? What about the others?' His vision took in the surroundings.

Chloe was panting, her head had a part of its hair missing, almost to the point of being shaved off! Her gaze was concentrated on the culprit, a shrivelled monkey! The others had backed off and were simply in encircling them. She looked behind herself, only to see that a deep diagonal gash had formed in one of the stems of the plant. It was almost five meters in length!

Electric arcs were swimming across her skin. If she hadn't reacted at a speed superior to even the monkey's she would have died! These monkeys took advantage of the slackening of their senses, a terrifying strategy!

She looked around and locked gazes with Monki she saw a gash on his chest spewing blood. 

'All of us were attacked?' Her gaze left him to search for other potential casualties.

Her eyes widened involuntarily when she shifted them to a certain place! She caught a burly figure collapsed on the ground. His life and death, unknown! 

"Mugumivu!" Miss Njibwa roared. She had been one of the lucky few not attacked. Her eyes were full of tears as she cradled his body. She had arrived the instant his body hit the ground.

2