Chapter 101 Lightning Speed
70 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 RB Chapter 101 Lightning Speed

As he unconsciously dragged his feet, all the others surpassed him. His thoughts were causing him to feel a certain heaviness, a heaviness holding himself back, a heaviness preventing him from going forward, and a heaviness, preventing him from creating a goal for himself.

"Are you really okay?" A voice asked, but that barely registered as his mind continued to sink in a marsh of gooey thoughts.

'Am I really okay with this? Can I simply go on living, breathing, without even trying to avenge those two?' 

'But I am no match for that beast.' 

"ERIC!!!" A shout finally broke through the deepest parts of his mind where his consciousness had been trapped. His body moved instinctively to the left and a claw created deep gashes on his  right shoulder. The pain made his mind wake up and his deeply hidden ferocity was brought to the fore!

"Aaaaaaaaaaah!" He closed his left hand into a fist, his nails digging so deep into skin that they drew blood, and punched towards his right side. He roared out his frustrations shackling his brilliant mind, with saliva even splattering. Rage was included, rage for allowing those two to die, rage at himself for being weak, and rage at this entire world!

This was a punch which contained one hundred percent of his power. Energy channeling coupled with his sped up metabolism and the activation of his electrocytes to the max. A blue glow lit up in the air surrounding his fist before turning red to the point that before the fist even reached the monkey, its cheek started burning up! Veins had bulged on his arm due to the strain caused by the speed of the blood flowing through his veins and the massive amounts of energy being activated in the cells!

(Bang!)

Its head exploded and the plasma which had been coating the fist shot off to the side and a tunnel was formed on the stem of a banana plant, its edges, charred! It had only stopped after passing through three stems! The sonic boom alone had almost exploded his eardrums!

Eric felt as if he had just released every uncertainty in his mind upon unleashing the rage filled fist. Even with his hand a bit charred from the temperature, the pain wasn't enough to diminish the feeling that had been birthed in his mind, the feeling of relief and casting off the shackles that had been holding him back.

"Thanks, Chloe." He said. She could have taken care of the monkey, but she had used its attack as a means to awaken him.

"I am fine now." A glow had appeared in his previously dead looking eyes. His lips were also curved upwards a little, almost forming a smile.

"Let's go!" He felt a fire in his heart. He couldn't allow those people to hog all the glory. He took Chloe's hand in his and his body lit up with electric arcs causing him to turn into a blue streak overtaking many people who had been in front. They all had looks of shock painted on their faces, though he didn't manage to see them as he hah already passed by.

'I won't allow you people to be the ones to get all the benefits.' He thought coldly. Since they were up on their high horses, he needed to show them that he was also on their level or even higher! They had been looking down on him since the beginning. His eyes had just been opened. They had probably never cared about his power even when he had more energy channeling knowledge than them.

Chloe felt her heart rising to her throat from the warmth being transmitted from his palm. Electric arcs were also dancing along the length of her body, effortly keeping up with his speed. Even though the energy expenditure was through the roof, right now, all her thoughts were on the boy leading her. 

Right now his temperament had undergone a huge change, he had always been calm, but that had been because he had nothing to care for in this world. But right now, his calmness was signifying a transformation since his eyes were burning brightly. The electric arcs dancing along his face brightened his expression, setting her heart aflutter.

'He's too handsome, I can't look away!' She thought while also getting lost in the tingly feeling that appeared in her palm every time her electrical charge opposed his in the small battlefield that was their linked palms. That caused a blush to spread up her cheeks.

Mugumivu, who was leading the charge appeared in Eric's sight after a few seconds. Miss Njibwa was fluttering close to him slaughtering every monkey that came close to him with such ruthless means, that they would strike terror into the heart of a normal person! She had torn a monkey in half that had been trying to sneak in from behind with her wings. Before the blood could even touch her, she was in the midst of moving away to attack the others, that's when they appeared!

'She has dropped all her kind and gentle character, is that what love turns someone into?' Chloe wondered. Even though miss Njibwa was engaged in a slaughter, her eyes never once strayed away from Mugumivu! His entire white bone armor was covered in blood, transforming it into red. That was as a result of ramming into the many monkeys clogging his front. They were so packed together, that they had formed a wall almost 20m thick!

A blue streak passed by Mugumivu attracting his and the attention of all the monkeys which had been attacking him.

Blood sprayed as the blue streak didn't even pause or change direction! It simply collided into any monkey that dared to appear in its way, leaving a trail of blood and flesh. It was Chloe and Eric, the two electric eel gene users, people who caused even Mugumivu, to be wary! The blue streak had torn a hole through the wall!

Eric didn't raise a single hand or make any other movement apart from racing towards the center of the plantation. All the monkeys which barred the path were taken care of through colliding into them with their current velocity, which had reached an unimaginable 500m per second!

'Heh!' A grin appeared on the corners of his mouth when he passed by Mugumivu. It was enchanting to the person next to him, as her eyes sparkled when she caught a trace of it.

'Within my spectrum vision, we are about to reach the center in about, 5 seconds. I wonder what is there?' A trace of curiosity was born in his mind. The monkey had been making sure that they never reached the middle of the plantation, there must be something that was valuable. That was what his intuition was telling him.

'If something truly valuable is there, I need to secure it before they get here.' 

A bundle of brightness entered his spectrum vision when he had still been deep in thought causing him to hurriedly disable it. A clearing, approximately 20m in diameter entered his vision. He paused for a moment in order to better take in the surrounding and Chloe, whose entire being had been taken in by his visage, had to avert her gaze for the first time, to also take in this clearing.

Five monkeys, four with eyes closed and their yellow fur acting as a complement with the Sun's rays were surrounding a short banana tree in the middle. They had adopted different postures, but the other four were in the middle of getting up. Everything was moving at a slow pace in his vision since he and Chloe were moving at a high speed, from the movement of their muscles to the calculation speed of their brains, to the intake of all information by their various organs except for their ears which were a bit slower due to their speed having shattered the sound barrier.

Eric, by coincidence or by fate, turned his head towards another direction and among the banana plants at the edge of the clearing, his eyes met with a certain man, a a savage. Chills went down his spine the moment their eyes made contact and he almost had a nervous breakdown, but, this time he didn't falter!

The moment his eyes had met his, he had instantly understood that that savage was the one who had thrown that stone back then!

It had most definitely reached the level of being capable of manipulating its brainwaves! That was the conclusion he had reached since he had caught a trace of them on the stone. What firmed his mind was that right now he had a person to protect! If he was alone, he might have collapsed but, with a person at his side, he had to make sure that she didn't end up like Baguma and Elec.

The second reason was that he saw a trace of terror in the savages's eyes, causing him to wonder what the cause was!

TRIVIA

The method to increase the metabolism is by speeding up the speed at which the heart beats, thereby speeding up the blood flow, with the addition of adrenaline with a thought from the brain. The power it brings on is about half that of energy channeling.

1