Chapter 103 All Parties Converge
65 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RB Chapter 103 All Parties Converge

Sparks, appeared and a tiny sound was produced every time they appeared as if something was clashing in midair, close to a few black scales, so black that light appeared to sink into them without being reflected back into the surroundings. A few patches were coated in red forming a contrast with the black. Due to the heat released but the sparks, the red was falling off like flakes and turning to ashes in midair.

The sparks grew in number until they became tiny electrical snakes which slithered along the scaly armor covering Eric ferociously as if they were searching for something to destroy. With every second that passed, they thickened by a tiny bit.

Their thickening was brought upon by the pieces of flesh being torn off from the body of a yellow furred monkey in Eric's left arm. Blood drops were liberated with every tearing, causing them to fly into the air. His powerful teeth crushed and chewed the flesh, before being swallowed down into his stomach. Sometimes, the pieces weren't even chewed properly, before being swallowed down, causing a barely noticeable bulge at the area of his abdomen.

The bulge became barely noticeable because all the pieces that made it to the stomach were hurriedly desolved by the powerful acids there and energy was extracted and supplied to every cell in the form of long chained proteins, called amino acids.

Eric's entire expression appeared leisurely while devouring the meat, but his dark blue eyes containing electric arcs in their depths never left the foremost savage. He was the most threatening one here, and the monkeys didn't even hold a candle to him...according to his thoughts.

'Brain wave control...the next stage of evolution...that being was capable of having reflexes matching and even exceeding my fastest for a limited time. I have managed to deduce something from my encounter with it. Energy channeling becomes as simple as breathing if someone manages to take control of their brain waves...has this savage reached such a level of mastery? But the sense of danger I get from him is nowhere close to that of that beast. But I should be careful!' Blood coated his lips as he chewed.

"Monkey..." He threw away the bone of the last limb he devoured and brought his fingers to his mouth, licking off the blood. The monkey had been devoured in less than a minute! The other four didn't show any kind or response to his behaviour.

"...if you provide information about this fruit, I might give you a few of these plantains." He tempted. His eyes had finally turned towards the monkeys since those four savages weren't showing signs of attacking.

Their eyes had fully turned red, probably some blood had made its way into their pupils giving them a menacing appearance, but he continued nonchalantly...

"You saw my speed, you can't hope to capture me with just energy channeling, and attacking me will be futile as I can just run away. We humans have developed so long that, it will take you a long time to fathom our technology. I can just take my time and research its effects...a few will be lost to experimentation, but ultimately, I will be left with some to devour after that." He said while gesturing towards the bananas in Chloe's hands. She was almost leisurely, but her tense muscles, and her gaze, which never left the savages and the monkeys, said anything...but

The monkeys' ferocious expressions from when he had just started talking, had transformed into those of contemplation by the monkeys end. The flickering of their red eyes suggested that they were wrestling with a decision, weighing the pros and cons.

"STOP HOLDING BACK!" A roar filled with fighting spirit came from where Eric and and Chloe had just come from. The sounds of slaughter had been entering the ears of all the lifeforms gathered in the clearing ever since Eric arrived, about five minutes ago. 

"My patience is limited. You heard him, if they appear in this clearing before our negotiations bear fruit, then it will become a bit troublesome." Eric urged them. That roar had been from Monki, the most lively guy in the group.

Actually, it didn't matter to him even if they appeared. There was no way he was going to share the fruits!

"Can those negotiations include us?" A voice came from behind the monkeys, causing Eric's eyes to narrow and his attention to shift back to the savages.

'Those savages have nothing to offer yet they want to be part of the deal?' He rolled his eyes in his mind.

"Oh!" That sound involuntarily left his throat.

"I don't really trust you, just like these monkeys, but since they are somewhat weak, I can trust them."

"There is no need to negotiate with them, you can just find a random human and administer one of the fruits for experimentation, wouldn't that be more simple?" Fumu, the savage asked, causing both Chloe and Eric's eyes to widen! Such a simple solution slipped their minds!

"Shut up! Human, do you want to die?" The monkeys screeched turning all their attention towards the savages. Their murderous intent was so thick that the three savages hiding behind Fumu almost ran away.

The monkey had been enraged. That solution practically threw the negotiations out the window!

"You are mistaken about something...I don't fear you! Except for the boy, you aren't even worth my attention." Fumu had his signature fearless grin appear on his face. He removed the spear from his back and held it up in his hands for the first time, causing a murderous aura not inferior to the monkeys to spread out.

"Thank you, monkey, it looks like the deal is off the table. What's you name? I am Eric Masanyalaze." Eric's eyes glowed after a bit of thought.

"I am Fumu." The savage said without withdrawing his aura which had been colliding with that of the monkeys.

"Fumu...a simple name meaning 'spear'." Eric mumbled, his gaze drawn to the spear in Fumu's palm.

(Boom!)

An explosion sounded and dust rose as something came out of the forest and smashed into the ground of the clearing. All of them shifted their gazes towards the arrival.

It was a figure clad in bone armor, coated with so much blood that it was basically dripping down onto the ground. Cracks had formed at the place where his feet had landed and the ground had even tremored.

"Mugumivu...woah! his current appearance, coupled with his murderous aura are overwhelming!" Chloe mumbled.

Another slim figure appeared next to Mugumivu and assessed everyone in the clearing. When her gaze rested upon the savages, her eyebrow was raised but she ultimately turned her attention towards Eric and Chloe. She didn't say anything, but just by being there, she gave the impression of someone who was only a guard to the burly man.

Finally, all the others ran out of the forest and appeared in the clearing. They were drenched in blood and multiple injuries adorned their bodies, but their eyes were burning with a silent immovable will.

"Tsk! Tsk! If it were a few days ago, I would have been excited to spar with such excellent warriors, but now..." Fumu shook his head in pity. His voice was the only sound which appeared in the clearing at this time. His attention was shifted back to Eric. 

"Eric, Eric, Eric, why didn't you help us breakthrough?" Monki asked, a playful grin on his face. His body had went back to its normal form.

"Do I need to care about you lot? You yourselves are the ones who taught me a valuable lesson, everyone is on their own." Eric answered with a shake of his head.

"Should we run away? More people have appeared. We have already gotten something." Chloe whispered in his ear.

"Let's go then." 

Eric, who had been leisurely standing in place, abruptly disappeared into the plantation behind him. As before, Chloe's hand was locked in his.

Fumu and the monkeys, who had been paying attention, also took off at practically the same time!

-----

Two blue streaks were running through the forest. Electrical sparks were left in their wake due to the ionised air, brought on by the electricity on their bodies.

They were Eric and Chloe. Their travelling speed was fast, and anything that appeared in their path, like a banana plant, they went around it, without even losing their speed.

Eric had bit of a frown on his face. He could feel it, the aura representing danger, coming from behind. He knew that it came from that savage, Fumu.

'Can I really protect Chloe?' He asked himself. Chloe didn't know the true terror of someone who had gained control of the electric impulses released by their brain...those kinds of people were dangerous!

As he ran side by side with her thinking about a solution, a whistling sound from the back caused his entire expression to change drastically!

"Duck!" That was the only thing he managed to say before his body, at such a fast speed, hit the ground, and rolled multiple times. Something passed, over his head the instant his body had lowered and passes through the stems of multiple banana plants as if they weren't there!

His mouth couldn't help but release a groan in the middle of his rolls. The strain he was putting on all his muscles and bones was enough to kill a normal person! But this, was the age of super cells!

1