Chapter 109 Second Time
72 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     RB Chapter 109 Second Time

"Aaaah!" That came from Ntusi. It was like he had finally realised something. They understood the words spoken, but complex subjects like physics, chemistry and biology eluded them. They only fumbled in the dark by themselves. But he still managed to grasp that Fumu had lost because the bulk of his mind had been occupied.

"Gaining control of heat and infrared waves can cause you to manipulate the temperature around yourself...and so on and so forth." He only gave explanation on two wave types, but the city dwellers understood. The monkeys probably also managed to pick out something, considering that they had no questions.

"Are those all the abilities it brings upon?" One of the monkeys asked. The crowd had half a mind to cover their ears. The voice was too jarring.

"No, but I have no inkling of others at this time." He spread his one arm. That caused the crowd to sink into thought.

'He wants to jump in excitement, probably.' That was what Eric thought as he gazed upon Monki. His eyes were practically shining.

"Chloe, dont let down your guard." Eric cautioned upon feeling the tension leaving her.

"These weaklings...if I still had my energy reserves, would I still have to fear them?" She lamented.

"It was all your fault for using up all of your energy." That caused her to have no retort.

"But aren't you practically stoking their greed with the information you gave them?" She asked. 

"Nonono...I did say that I would pledge the fruit to research, so, Mugumivu will now do anything to protect me. Even if the monkeys renege on their promises, I have created a measure of protection for myself."

"..." Chloe was so surprised by his cunning that, for a moment, she was at a loss of words.

"Did you plot all this from the start?" She asked, shock thick in her voice.

"No. I just made it up as I went along." Eric's heart skipped a beat when he looked into her sparkling eyes.

He almost lost his entire thoughts as he stared into those eyes. They had a unique charm that drew him in.

'Why do I find her beautiful? No no no...such thoughts shouldn't be in my mind.' He shook his hard forcefully to try and get rid of the thoughts. That caused a puzzled tilting of the head from her.

"Anyway, we should also create a way out for ourselves. The best reliability is still we ourselves." He said. They started shifting backwards at a slow pace as the crowd was still lost in thought.

Their distance from the banana plant behind them was around two meters. For them to make it all the way without alerting the crowd was an impossible task.

"Where are you going?" Ntusi the barbarian asked. Greed was thick on his face. They didn't posses the knowledge and time to research, so for them, the fruit was more important than anything. Why would they let it get away?

Eric didn't even pause when he heard the voice, instead he tried to speed up more. Even Chloe realised the urgency of the situation. Mugumivu protecting them was just speculation on Eric's part. There was no way of knowing whether it will happen or not, so they had to fight with all they had to keep their lives...until they reached the fruit.

Even with a greed filled face, Ntusi showed that he was still a cautious man. He gestured to his comrades so that they could block off the left and right routes to prevent them from escaping.

He himself made his way towards the two at a slow leisurely pace. He was acting as if everything was all in his grasp. His brown skin was devouring the sun's rays and the beast hide at his waist shook with each step.

'So, he didn't pick up on the fact that they might interfere. How ignorant!' Eric lamented at the guy's stupidity.

Anyway, right now he had to focus on surviving, because so far no one had shown any sign of coming to their aid.

Ntusi and the other savages closed in on them step by step.

"If any of you dare to come near us, I will make sure that we aren't the only ones who head towards hell!" A malevolent expression adorned Chloe's face as she threatened the savages. The murderous aura exuding from her body caused them to pause, but only momentarily. They had battles far more dangerous than her so that wasn't enough to intimidate them.

'We are still half a meter away from the plantation. Even if we throw ourselves over, it will take several seconds for us to circle around and pick up the fruit, not to mention consuming it. What do I do? We need a distruction of some sort.' Eric's eyeballs rapidly moved around in his sockets as he tried, with all his might to find something to avert their current predicament.

As he was still in his contemplation, a crater formed beneath Ntusi's feet as he leaped towards them. Even the other two savages were caught offguard by his odd behavior. He should have at least alerted them before attacking!

Though, they didn't dally. They too kicked off and pincered Eric and Chloe.

Eric had his heart skip a beat, but his mind had been prepared for any eventualities, so he calmly lowered his body into a crouching position. 

If you viewed the inside of both his and Chloe's bodies, you would be terrified, or even horrified! Almost half of their cells except those in the brain were being devoured by the ones near them. It was the last last resort which a human or even a monster would only go to when their energy reserves were thoroughly exhausted!

Cells devouring each other to create energy for the body! 

Chloe and Eric's faces turned pale but the aura they were releasing rose to such a level that it was nearing the same level as their normal. Electricity flashed as the electrocytes which had slowed down their rubbing due to a lack of energy were rejuvenated!

'What is this?' Due to a lack of energy, Eric had failed to notice this since his body had been moving slower than he would have liked, and now that it had regained a bit of energy for him to increase his cognitive speed, he saw it!

Ntusi wasn't actually on a collision course towards them! No no no, according to the trajectory, he was going to pass by them!

Eric raised his gaze to see a sneer painted on Ntusi's face. His eyes were glowing as if he found his goal and judging that his gaze wasn't on them, it could only mean one thing!

'He found the location of the fruit? But how?' Eric became puzzled. The other savages hadn't even noticed Ntusi's abnormality. They were acting with the thought that they were going to subdue the duo.

"Haaaaah..." Eric shouted with all his might when he saw that. He was enraged! The fruit was their only route of survival! If this guy took it, they would most definitely die here!

Something snapped in his mind as the rage overtook it! 

A pressure exploded out of his body and enveloped all the people in the clearing!

Ntusi, the target, was the one who felt the most impact! He had been lost in his delusions of rising to the top of the tribe after devouring the fruit that he had been caught off guard! His mind shook as if he had been hit on the head with a hammer. His eyes swarm and his vision became blurry causing him to lose control of his motor functions and for his body to crash and embed itself into the banana plant.

The other savages stopped in place and looks of terror replaced their previous confident expressions.

The monkeys and the human group all shifted their attentions to the figure the pressure was originating from subconsciously.

The pressure was causing them to feel as if something was pressing on their brains, trying to squish them! Those with weak willpower had blood start running down their faces from their eyes.

'So its here!' That thought passed through all those who had seen it before.

Dark scales, shimmering in the sun appeared in everyone's vision. Every individual scale was shaped in a diamond form, different from the norm. The scales covered every inch of Eric's body, even the face, but they had a flexible feel to them preventing the hindering of movement.

Violet pupils with a single black vertical slit in their middle appeared in everyone's vision. Whoever they gazed upon, shifted a few steps backward, no exceptions! They all felt as if a predator high above...no that's not accurate...it was in an entirely different dimension, looking down on them, like harmless rabbits it could take its pick from.

Eric's hands had turned into claws and so had his feet. A pair of curved white horns grew out of the sides of his forehead into the sky. His hair had also taken on a violet hue and elongated to just below his waist.

"E-E-Eri-Eric?" A quivering tiny voice came from the side. It was Chloe's. She was terrified, scared, worried, curious...and many other different emotions. She had even forgotten to deactivate the state she was currently in, where her cells were devouring each other.

2