Chapter 117 Loss
73 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          RB Chapter 117 Loss

Elena's lips bled as her teeth sunk into them. She was trying to stifle her screams as she haphazardly zigzagged around, trying to get to the elephant's blind side. The exertion of her muscles alone was exacerbating her injuries, and the raised dust was narrowing her visual prowess.

Leah winced in pain, but seeing the dangerous predicament that Elena was facing, she channeled her body's energy and forcefully caused her cells to multiply faster, allowing for her wounds to rejenerate, pushing out the pebbles in the process.

She brought her legs together and they merged, before softening and elongating, forming an emerald tail. 

She transformed her pain and anguish into embers which fuelled her rage and gave her courage for what she was going to do next.

She coiled her tail before shooting out and leaving a groove in the earth as her body slithered towards the snake with such speed that she felt the wind whistling through her ears.

Her blood was racing through her vessels with such speed that her body started heating up very fast.

She didn't dare to let out her most prized sensory organ, her tongue, as it could get damaged by the wind, and it was also useless since she could see her target.

When she reached just two meters away from the monstrously gigantic elephant, she swung her tail towards its right leg. She had accumulated much of her energy into the blow, causing only a blur to be visible.

Boom!

Booom! Crack!

The first sound was created when it broke through the sound barrier while the second, when it made contact with the white bony spiked armor, causing cracks to appear, and some pieces of the armor to be pushed inwards.

But her expression drastically changed in the next moment, into one of horror upon discovering that her full powered strike didn't manage to even shift the foot from its position, let alone crack the leg bones as she had been expecting!

Her attack still managed to accomplish one of the goals that she had had in mind. The elephant stopped its attacks and swung its trunk down towards her, effectively giving Elena room to breathe.

Elena stopped in place the moment the elephant took its sight away from her.

She was panting, her heart beating erratically, with steam coming out of her open mouth, not to mention the blood that was coating some parts of her fur.

"Ooooh!" She moaned in pain upon calming down. Her left rib side had a wound of almost two inches, with a piece of stone sticking out and her left thigh too, had a wound of equal magnitude.

'This is going to be hard.' She licked her lips as her disheveled hair had some of its strands floating down her face. The pain only served to increase her battle intent.

She moved her gaze towards the beast and saw that Leah was slithering circles around it, dodging the strikes of its trunk, which caused craters every time it made contact with ground.

'She's struggling.' 

Elena's thoughts were true. Leah was currently facing the most perilous situation of her life! Even the monkeys hadn't made her feel this!

She slithered to the side, causing the trunk which had been heading for her head to miss, and crash at her side, causing a crater and debris to pelt her scales creating a metallic sound. But what made her expression change, was that some of the stones created dents in her scales,  transmitting their force, and causing waves of pain to assault her.

The shockwaves from the hit, blew her away, and she found herself under a massive shadow. She gazed upwards and found herself under the beast, her gaze looking at its armored belly.

'Maybe I am safe for now?' Such a thought passed through her mind as she tried to keep herself in the middle of the four pillar-like legs. The elephant was moving around trying to either get her out or stomp her to death, but that was failing. It knew that she was still alive due to its sensitive ears which were managing to pick up her heartbeats.

Leah felt her organs jostling every time the elephant stomped on the ground, causing her internal injuries due to the vibrations of the soil being transmitted to her body through her tail. Even her vision was becoming blurry, but she did her best, either dodging the feet, or making sure that the shadow didn't leave her behind.

'I hope she acts faster. This is all her fault after all.'

"Huh?" After a few seconds, which had been like minutes to her, she felt the stomping come to a halt, causing her to think that Elena had acted. 

She was about to rejoice, when gigantic cracks appeared on the ground and the four pillar-like legs left the ground and flew into the air.

This subverted her entire understanding of gravity and mass as her eyes stared into the sky, with her mouth wide open. 

"Its coming!" She yelled upon seeing the body of the beast coming down, her pupils shrinking down into small pinholes...

"Leah!" Shouted Elena, after managing to get rid of her shock.

The massive white spiked body of the elephant dropped down and its weight alone caused its feet to sink down into the ground and its belly to make contact too.

BOOM!

A crater, twenty meters in diameter appeared around the elephant, the impact alone throwing dust almost that same distance into the air!

"Leaaaah!" Elena once again shouted as the realisation that she was dead set in and regret and guilt started to encroach on her mind.

'I let her die! I am the one who caused her death! Why didn't I simply pass by the beast without provoking it?'

"Aaaaaaaaah!" All her thoughts culminated into a scream that was filled with such rage and killing intent that it caused even the elephant's body to twitch and direct its gaze towards her.

Red took over the whites of her eyes as she crouched low on all four limbs. 

Her hands clenched, causing soil to gather beneath her palms and her claws to sink into it. The limbs bulged as she circulated all the energy in her body to enrich their muscles.

"I am...going...to...KILL YOU!" Elena shouted and barreled towards the elephant's head, which was at the same level as the ground. It was trying to dig itself out.

Wherever she passed, everything with mass lesser than her own was blown away! 

Tears lingered on her eyelids, but the moment they tried to fall, the wind would blow them away due to her speed of movement.

BOOM!

The sonic barrier was breached as she pushed her body to the limits. Lions, weren't beasts specialising in long distance sprints, but they could erupt with short bursts of speed. Now, fast forward to this era, where supercells had effectively replaced normal cells, and that burst of speed was far far faster!

The elephant released a snort through its trunk upon sensing a danger to its life, and raised it to instinctively smash said cause.

But, it misjudged her speed! By the time, the trunk was brought down and crashed into the ground of the crater, Elena's figure had appeared directly before its face! She leaped up with all four of her limbs, causing minute cracks on the ground and pulled pack her right limb.

Her destination, was the elephant's left eye. It was black, the pupil, surrounded by white. Its sides were covered with the white bony armor.

Elena's sharpened claws plunged right into the eye. The hole in the armor was tiny in relative to its large body, but compared to a human, its width surpassed, even that of Elena. The eye had burst apart, the instant the claws pierced through, drenching her in blood.

ROAR!

Fweeeeeee!

Its mouth released a roar and its trunk, a trumpet.

It writhed in pain within the hole in the ground as its led up its digging!

The jerking of the head, caused the enraged Elena to be hurled 50m into the distance.

The ground trembled as the elephant used its full force to push the soil at its front. It forcefully pushed until it walked out of the hole. The depth of the hole plus that of the crater reached over 25m!

As it was pushing itself out, Elena, who had been hurled away was coughing out mouthfuls of blood. Her injuries weren't light! The roar alone had caused a tremble in her organs.

Blood was dripping from her body, most of it came from the elephant's stabbed eye. It had splattered on her when she had pierced it with her sharp claws. 

She had lost all hearing in her ears and, her legs were wobbly, causing her to stagger. But she didn't feel any of the pain or disorientation. Her entire mind was focussed on the beast which had managed to free itself and was walking out of the crater.

Cracks formed beneath her feet as her body broke into a sprint, once again targeting the beast.

The beast raised its trunk to the sky and a very high pitched sound came out of it, even managing to cause ripples to appear in the atmosphere as it propagated.

Elena once again channeled her energy into her limbs, foregoing the healing of her injuries.

2