Chapter 122 Waiting
60 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            RB Chapter 122 Waiting

"Yes." Eric answered,but inwardly shocked that the man could pick up on such a detail.

"Printing an attachment is easy. Come to my personal lab after cleaning yourself up. The bathroom is that way." The old man pointed out a direction and Eric followed it.

"So, what prompted you to bring another person over?" The old man asked after moving his attention away from Eric's back. He only asked after the boy had left the room.

"He wants to become a bio engineer." Chloe answered while leaning back comfortably in the seat.

"Oh! And you want me to take him on as an apprentice?" The old man asked, after seating himself opposite her. The old man was one of the most respected and recognized researchers in the city.

"Yes. I know that you work for an affiliate of the Lion Bank. He refused to join the Black Diamond Group." Chloe sighed.

"An apprentice..." The man tapped his finger on the table deep in thought. His name was Marcus Kumakya. 

Chloe didn't interrupt him, allowing him space. She was actually nervous, her heart beating a million times a minute. She knew how hard this request of hers was. She was practically pushing the limits of the old man's favor.

------

"Haaaa..." Eric sighed in contentment as his body soaked in a white bathtub filled with warm water.

'It has been a long time since I last took such a relaxing bath.' He thought as played with the water.

'If am not mistaken, Chloe must be asking the old man to take me on as an apprentice right about now. I hope he accepts. Joining the Black Diamond group was the better idea, but I want to become a bio engineer. That Michael said something about creating a legend...

I need to create mine, a legend that will last through the times!' Eric felt his heart speed up at the thought and that brought a smile to his lips. He had finally found something that could make him excited.

'Now all I need to do is wait and trust in Chloe.' He leaned back and relaxed his mind. The danger of the wilderness hadn't afforded him any time to calm and relax his mind. 

Sssssst!

"Hmmm!?" He heard that sound inside his mind, causing him to open his eyes with a start.

'I wasn't paying attention during our walk, but now that I am relaxed, I can sense them clearly, foreign waves passing through my magnetic field.

Could it be the communication signals?' He wondered.

"But I can't intercept and decipher them. If I do, my brain might become fried from the information overload." He mumbled out loud.

"Michael didn't mention anything about such an ability. Maybe he forgot?" Eric had questions, but right now there was no one who could solve them.

'I need to hide my breakthrough here. The bio engineers here might capture me for there experiments if they find out. I will wait until the spectrum realm becomes common information before exposing myself.' 

-----

In another building, closer to the center of the city than the one Eric was currently residing in, at the top most floor, a party was taking place in a large hall.

In all the numbered cities, only the owner was allowed to occupy the center, and that was the Black Diamond Group in this one.

The closer to the center of the city you were, the higher your status.

The hall had plenty of people of high status and they were all either chatting with people in their circles, or on the dance floor, elegantly waltzing.

Even the person with the lowest status here, was comparable to the clan leaders of the ten clans!

One half was occupied by chairs and tables, while the other half of the hall, had the dance floor.

Plenty were on the dance floor with their wives, fiances and girlfriends.

One of the couples on the dance floor were familiar, Mugumivu and miss Njibwa.

Mugumivu was dressed to the nines in a black tuxedo with a white shirt underneath. His muscles were straining the clothes, and he had even opened his collar to become more comfortable.

On the other hand, miss Njibwa looked stunning, like a princess out of a fairytale.

Her brown eyes were sparkling as she waltzed on the floor with her beloved. Her dark hair cascaded down her back forming a nice contrast with her dress.

She was clad in a red, wine colored dress which stuck to her upper body and widened below the waist, reaching just under her knees. Sparkling diamonds were threaded through the dress, causing a mesmerising light show when the light in the hall fell on the jewels.

Due to the advances in technology related to the building of molecular structures, synthetic diamonds were very easy and cheap to make in this era. That had led to the drop in their price, and now they were taken as normal gems.

The song was one of those mellow ones, and when it reached a certain point, all female partners had to twirl in place. Miss Njibwa did the same causing the skirt of her dress to bloom like a flower. The accessories, like the red heart shaped gems on her earrings and the heart shaped red gem resting in between the valley of her chest served to emphasize her beauty more.

Mugumivu became dazed the moment she smiled. Her smile was only reserved for him. She was truly breathtaking! His heart skipped a beat.

After the twirl, he pulled her to his chest.

"I never knew that you were such a great dancer." He praised, his eyes staring into hers.

"Hehehehe...I am, a woman of many talents. Don't worry, we still have plenty of time together. You will have your chance to see all of them." She giggled. 

Their shoes tapped the ground as they continued their dance, everything else forgotten, only focussing on each other.

What they didn't know was that a gaze filled with jealousy was directed their way.

It came from one of three people, one male and two females, occupying a table.

"Look at them! Haven't they gotten tired of these parties yet?" Monki commented. He was also donning a grey suit, but his collar wasn't buttoned and his coat was only resting on his shoulders. The sleeves of his shirt were also rolled up. He wasn't one for these kinds of things, from his sitting posture, to his words. All scions of the ten clans had atleast been taught etiquette, so it was a wonder why he was like this.

"They have just started officially dating. That's what happens when a relationship has just started. They can't stay apart for one second. Honestly, its sickening!" Dora commented. She was dressed in a long black dress that accentuated her curves. It was low cut, showing off her deep cleavage. She was feasting on the snacks on the table, not interested in mingling with these people.

"How long do we have to wait for those three brats to arrive? This is torture!" Monki switched the topic, but his eyes stayed on the dancing couple.

"That's only for you. Frankly, I am wondering why you are fixated on her. There are plenty of women in the world. They are practically everywhere." Sally, donned in a pristine white dress asked. 

Monki turned his gaze towards her, but didn't see any sign of mockery, only sincere curiosity. 

"You have never fallen in love." Dora said from the side. It was a statement not a question.

"Sally, since I know your personality, I won't take offense, but don't ever say such a thing, ever again." Monki emphasized.

"Oh! Sorry if I offended you." Sally apologised. Her eyes were fixed on a hologram being projected from the patch on her wrist."

"Why are you always viewing those numbers?" Dora asked. Sally spent most of her time looking at the numbers scrolling down her gadget. She occasionally input something and then went back to watching them. 

"I am monitoring share prices. I have plenty of investments, so I have to keep track of them." She answered.

"I heard that you were even richer than your entire clan combined. Is it true?" Dora asked. This time even Monki was piqued.

"Those people were just lazy."

"Well, not everyone can enter the market. You have to be intelligent and willing to take risks." Monki commented with a shake of his head. Monki could never partake in that activity as he wasn't one with patience and wisdom.

"Do you think the brats are dead?" Monki asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Nah! We have placed our people everywhere. They will notify us. And besides, if they died, the Black Diamond Group would just send out a car to pick up the next in line. Since they haven't, they ought to be alive." Sally answered logically.

Monki, once again sighed for the umpteenth time this night. This party was boring to him, after learning about that level, from Eric, he was eager to go into the wilderness and search for the fruit. But this wealth too, was tempting.

1