Chapter 126 Memory Of Despair (1)
51 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RB Chapter 126 Memory Of Despair(1)

If a normal person gains the ability to control the electromagnetic waves released by their brain, coupled with the weak electromagnetic field surrounding their bodies, they gain the rights to call themselves, spectrum warriors, or say that they are in the spectrum realm.

But, it doesn't end there. If it did, then they would still be the same as everyone.

First and foremost, they gain the ability to control the processes of each individual cell in their bodies, with the exception of genetic editing. This level of control far surpasses that of energy channeling.

An example of one such ability is preventing the loss of any single drop of blood when wounded.

Second, for a limited time, a person in the spectrum realm can expand the domain formed by the weak electromagnetic field around their body to encompass a meter around themselves.

Third, this is an ability gained when the person has activated their domain... any type of wave, as long as it's on the electromagnetic spectrum, can be controlled to change direction within the domain, even visible light!

This ability grants you the ability to create plasma, if you direct heat waves to converge on a single point, or area.

Concentrated light can be turned into lethal laser beams.

During Eric's joint training with Chloe, those were some of the abilities they had unearthed.

'Man, becoming a spectrum warrior gives you access to many amazing abilities!'

'Now, even if I met Fumu in battle once again, dealing with him will be easy, like the flick of a finger.' Eric was amazed.

He was standing in the living room, it was empty, all the furniture had vanished into the walls, a miraculous invention of this era. That prevented damages to the property when they were  practising.

Of course, this building was built before the appearance of spectrum warriors, so they had been extra careful when training.

Eric had his eyes closed, but a two inch thick electric serpent was circling his body, less than a meter away.

He was controlling the electric serpent skillfully, even making it make some impressive maneuvers.

"Interesting! Being from the Masanyalaze clan really gives a boost the moment you become a spectrum warrior!" He exclaimed! The electric serpent, which was now in the middle of breaking up, turning into sparks, and fizzing out, was a creation from his own body.

It had been created when the electrocytes transformed from his skin had rubbed together, and then he had used his electromagnetic domain to control it.

"But so far I still haven't figured out how that monster had such a long detection range. I remember seeing infrared waves, but they also appeared to be mental waves?" Mental waves was the term they were using to describe brain waves. The term brainwaves had been too...uncool. That had been from Chloe, so they had changed the name.

"Anyway I need to increase my control of the mental waves." He mumbled before sitting down cross legged and trying to feel the electromagnetic waves.

"Ahh!" A yelp escaped his lips before his body became limp and he collapsed onto the ground.

"What happened?" Eric found himself in a white space. He had felt as if his mind was being attracted to something, and then...poof! He had found himself here, in this white borderless space. His body appeared to be floating in space.

"But, this feels familiar..." He pried into his memories, searching for answers.

"Ah! Does that mean...!?" His eyes brightened and he became visibly excited. He began looking around as if trying to spot something." 

"We meet again, my little boy, even I, the creator can't pinpoint when they will show up exactly, even I don't know much about the brain and genes."

'Mother's voice! She really left a second message!' 

A mist took shape right in front of him, forming a long snake like creature. It was vague, but Eric could tell that it was the body if his mother.

"The image must be blurry, that's what happens when my will takes over to save you. You must have encountered a very perilous situation if my image appears blurry. I did set my mental energy to take control of your body if you were ever given a life threatening injury after all, in extreme cases, if your brain hasn't died, I can even bring you back to life." The voice appeared smug, but Eric had become frozen to notice...

-----

At a roof of a building, four figures were standing in the sun, three of them were identical, blue eyes, black hair, and similar facial features. Two of them were youthful.

They were Baguma, Elec and Eric. They were all facing a figure standing at the edge of the building.

Just by being in its presence was making them tremble. The figure wasn't even looking at them, instead it had its back to them!

But an electromagnetic type of energy was clashing with their bodies, causing electrical sparks to jump across their skin.

"Talented...you three are talented. But such potential is being wasted on you who lack knowledge. Oh! It must be because you are from a very weak city, with little access to information." The figure talked. It seemed as if it was lamenting their circumstances.

It was a monkey, white furred, and wearing clothes made out of black fur, a simple jacket and pants. Something long was wrapped in fabric and it was strapped on its back.

"Hard work... That's what made me achieve what I currently have." It continued calmly, but the energy field attacking them intensified in pressure causing their bodies to release thicker arcs of electricity.

They didn't dare speak, even Baguma, the one with the most strength had beads of sweat forming in his skin and his expression was ugly to behold.

"So...tell me...should I kill you? Or spare you?" The monkey finally turned around and looked in their direction.

The moment the trio looked into those red gemmed pupils...

"Aaaah!" Elec and Eric screamed.

Baguma's veins bulged on his forehead, while a stream of blood ran down the corners of his lips.

"HAH!" Baguma shouted loudly, causing the two boys, who had crouched down, screaming, as if they were in torment, to regain themselves. But they didn't dare look into those red pupils again.

"Humans, you see...were given...the gift of intelligence...but, you instead decided to plunder...our genes, to strengthen yourselves. UNACCEPTABLE!" The monkey shouted, causing the electromagnetic field to fluctuate wildly.

"Ah!" Eric exclaimed. The moment the monkey had shouted, he had came to this strange place. It was filled with blood. It was everywhere! Bodies upon bodies of humans were piled up. No body was intact, you could even say that this was a mountain of human pieces.

Eric felt like puking the moment he saw it, but he covered his mouth with his hands, his face warping drastically in horror.

"Hah!" Another shout from Baguma caused the mountain to vanish and for him to regain his normal sight.

'That was scary! What is this monkey? Why is my skin tingling in its presence?' He was terrified!

Elec had collapsed on the ground, unconscious, blood seeping out of his orifices. 

That prompted Eric to rub the area under his nose. Blood, too entered his vision. His nose was bleeding.

He raised his gaze and saw a back, blocking his view. It was crackling with electricity. Baguma was standing in front of the two boys. Eric even felt that he was under more pressure than them.

"But the humans...even with all the...time that they have had to develop, haven't yet advanced naturally without the help of our genes!" Eric felt the rage and pain from the monkey. It must have been that he was standing in its domain, but he felt them clearly. That almost induced emotions of pity in him.

"Now, look at you...three... Here, with all that potential...with it being wasted!" The monkey took a deep breath.

"Humans...are a cancer...to this...planet. And a cancer...has to be...eliminated." This time the monkey released such a potent bloodlust that even Baguma almost buckled under it.

'This field is asking the monkey.' Eric had such a random thought pass through his mind. Now that Baguma was enduring most of the pressure, he had been liberated enough to even have such random thoughts.

"What...is your...name...warrior?" The monkey asked while taking small steps towards them.

"I am Baguma Masanyalaze." Baguma answered through gritted teeth. He was still standing protectively in front of the two boys.

(Eric, listen to me carefully. I will create a chance, escape with Elec at the fastest speed you can muster.) Baguma transmitted directly into his mind.

Eric, felt the resolve in those words and nodded heavily.

"Then...let's fight!" The monkey reached its hand backwards and removed the long thing strapped on its back.

"I...am...going...to show...you...all my strength...as a form of...respect to you."

"I thought you hated humans." Baguma commented as his slouching self straightened like a pole and a massive amount of electricity popped out of his pores, crackling across his skin, turning his body so bright that Eric had no choice but to avert his eyes.

2