Chapter 129 Visitors
49 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     RB Chapter 129 Visitors 

Zzzzzzt! Pah!

As the pain was starting to reach undesirable levels, something inside him snapped and he lost consciousness.

The next time he regained it, he was in the middle of the grassland next to the city...

-----

He had forgotten some of the details from his memories, so now that he had remembered them, his fist involuntarily clenched.

'I will never forget that torturous pain! I will definitely search for you and repay you a hundredfold.' He swore.

"I want you to seek me out. There are so many things I want to tell you." The creature in the mist spoke.

'I wish I could have seen your true form mother.' Eric thought.

"Anyway, this is the last message. After this, my will will dissipate. You will be on your own, so you have to always be cautious in whatever you do." The womanly voice cautioned.

The white space collapsed and Eric regained awareness of his body. He found his face on the floor, he had collapsed.

'I will definitely find you mother!' Eric swore. He wanted to do it right now, but he had to first attain what he wanted before doing anything else.

Besides, he would lose Chloe's trust if he just upped and left.

He took a deep breath to calm his nerves, before once again immersing himself in practice. He needed to become stronger, and that could only be done by mastering all the abilities in the spectrum realm.

-----

Aboveground, the sun rose and set signalling the passing of days. Eric spent all those days training his new abilities and furthering his studies in the field of bio-engineering. They were boring and lonely without Chloe, but he endured them.

One day as Eric was relaxing in the sofa digesting the results of his earlier training, a chime broke through his train of thought.

The time was 4:00pm in the evening, the sun about to set. Dr. Marcus had already notified him that he wasn't coming back today. News of Chloe's departure hadn't fazed the man. He just said that it was a miracle she had even lasted that long.

"Who could it be?" He mumbled, puzzled.

He made his way towards the door and a holographic light projection appeared infront of him the moment he reached the door.

Two familiar faces were on the other end of the door giving him a small shock.

'They survived? Impressive!' He nodded.

"So, what brings you here?" Eric asked. This apartment wasn't his, so he didn't want to have someone who wasn't related to Dr. Marcus inside without his knowledge.

"Could you please give us a moment of your time, Eric? We need to discuss something." Elena asked politely, something which causes Eric's jaw to drop to the floor. 

'Did the sun rise from the west today?' Elena wasn't someone who was known for her politeness.

"Wait a moment!" Eric said before rushing back into his room and changing into a casual shirt, normal black, not flashy, and a pair of faded jeans. Dr. Marcus was the one who had provided the money, and Chloe was the one who had dragged him around the shops in this city. She had apparently been excited by the prospect of helping him choose his clothes.

'She must have taken it as a shopping trip with her boyfriend.' Eric thought upon conjuring up the memory of the peck.

He had been in a bathrobe, another one of the reasons not to let the two girls inside.

It took him around ten minutes to dress himself up and he opened the door to find the two girls patiently waiting. They didn't complain during the elevator ride.

They were dressed conservatively, showing as little amount of skin as possible.

"It seems like even you girls care about public opinion?" Eric meant to comment, but it came out as a question.

"Hmmm!? What do you mean?" Elena asked, her expression suggested that she was about to blow up. Leah simply giggled.

"The clothes." Eric hinted.

Elena was dressed in a black turtleneck blouse with brown pants at the bottom, while Leah was in a long green skirt, reaching all the way to her calf and a white blouse underneath a black sweater.

"The idiots in this city like to act as if they are civilised." Elena complained.

Eric only gave her a side eye, not adding anything. Except for oddballs like Chloe, the people in this city cared a lot about face, so dressing in skimpy outfits was non existent in public.

Elena was squirming uncomfortably. This was probably her first time dressing up this professionally. Someone with skill had done her makeup, causing her to appear especially radiant this evening.

Eric couldn't help but give the two girls second looks, his blood flowing a little faster. 

Leah noticed them as she wasn't as clueless as Elena. That caused a faint blush to taint her cheeks and she lowered her head to prevent herself from looking at the boy.

Probably the work of the wilderness, but Eric's muscles were faintly visible under that black shirt of his, and his face had gained a hint of maturity causing his handsomeness to rise to new levels.

'Why didn't I notice his good looks before?' Leah asked herself as her heart pounded in her chest. Those dark blue eyes were fatal!

The elevator gained a weird vibe, thankfully, only the trio were inside.

Of course Elena was still oblivious to the weirdness of the situation. Right now she was contemplating whether to ditch her heels and walk barefoot.

When it reached the first floor, Leah and Eric hurriedly jumped out as if running from something.

"Hey! You two! Wait for me!" Elena shouted. She hurriedly chased after the duo.

-----

"So...what did you want from me?" Eric asked as the trio sat down around a table.

They were at a fancy restaurant, courtesy of Elena's subordinates. They had chosen a private booth and a feast, containing mouth watering delicacies has already been served.

The private room was white, with shades of other colors here and there. The walls were giving off a soft glow like candles. Soothing music was in the background, enhancing the ambience.

The table was round, and the seats of the three were arranged in such a way that they formed a triangle.

Eric's seat afforded him a view out the window with a turn of his head. He was viewing the brightly lit city. They were on a relatively higher floor where the buildings in the surrounding weren't blocking the view.

"We should eat, we can't let the food get cold." Leah suggested while picking up her cutlery and cutting into a whole, peeled potato, dipping it in the thick meat soup and bringing it to her mouth.

"Mmmm!" After getting a taste, she nodded in happiness.

"Is it really that good?" Elena asked her.

"Yes, it is delicious!" Leah exclaimed while wiping the sides of her mouth with a napkin. It looked like those etiquette classes hadn't been wasted on her.

Elena dug in and tried a different dish.

"Why did you want to see me?" Eric asked once again, a bit impatient.

"Mugumivu and his gang are here in the city, did you know?" Elena asked, her fork not pausing. She wasn't as elegant as Leah, but she was still passable.

"I didn't know. I have been busy." He answered curtly. He also picked up a spoon and tried the bean soup.

"Busy? Where is the fruit you took?" Elena asked, dropping her fork.

"Are you interrogating me?" Eric had his eyes narrow and a chill appear in the room.

"No no no...she didn't mean it like that. She was only asking to see whether you could sell it to us, right?" Leah defended her. At the end of her words, she glared at Elena with intensity.

"Sorry." She apologised about her rudeness.

Eric moved his gaze away back onto his plate.

"The fruit has already been consumed by Chloe." He saw no reason to hide it. Right now he believed himself strong enough to handle the consequences of his decisions.

"Haaaa..." Leah sighed while Elena grumbled.

"Anyway, I believe that those five have already chosen someone to take the position among themselves. What kind of action are we going to take? Should we, oppose? Or accept a settlement?" Leah asked before taking a sip of the juice in her glass.

"Oppose!...there is no way we would win. We would only be dragging out the inevitable." Eric shook his head.

"So a settlement it is!" Leah said. Elena was still dissatisfied about the earlier fruit thing, so she was engorging herself on the food, as if she was venting.

The conversation reached a temporary lull, and only the sound of cutlery on the plates was being heard.

"The crucial point here is how should we go about settling?" Elena said. She had finally managed to let go of her dissatisfaction.

"I think those people were waiting for us to meet. Now that we have, they will definitely move, even as early as tomorrow." Leah said, her eyes moving to rest upon Eric.

1