Chapter 134 Start Of The Rampaging Era
50 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RB Chapter 134 Start Of The Rampaging Era

Days passed so fast that it was unbelievable. The impending war became more prominent on people's lips as it increasingly got closer. There were a myriad of feelings, mostly excitement. The prospect of taking back the lost land made the ordinary citizens excited. 

Another thing that brought joy and happiness, was the coming of Christmas day and the celebrations at the end of the year. Fireworks was being prepared and most of the people in the underground city had already left it. No matter how appealing it was, no one wanted to celebrate the new year in a cave. It had to be open skies where it was possible to see the fireworks.

Kampala city welcomed a lot of traffic before the 25th of December.

Chloe, came back at the 24th. Eric, Leah and Dr. Marcus had still been in the city waiting for her. Elena had left the city the day before. Leah had been tempted to follow her but she ultimately chose to stay.

"What is she doing here?" Chloe asked the moment she saw Leah occupying the sofa upon entering the house.

"She's staying with us. Marcus agreed." Eric didn't raise his head when he answered. He was in the middle of his thoughts.

"Ah!... Chloe! Welcome back!" Upon finally managing to register his surroundings, he leaped up and like a gust of wind, embraced her.

"Wh-Wha-What!?" Chloe became so flustered that she forgot about Leah temporarily. This had never happened! She had managed to see the genuine joy on the boy's face.

"O-okay...now you can let go." With a blush across her cheeks, she spoke after some time.

-----

December 31st, 2199.

The time was currently just 5 minutes to 12:00am. The time for the new year was uproaching.

Atop a building, leaning on a railing, were four figures. They were Elena, Leah, Eric and Chloe. 

They had arrived in Kampala city between Christmas day and today. They were patiently waiting for fireworks. Each was silent. 

Eric was excited, this was going to be his first time seeing this. He was looking around at the multiple figures at the other roofs of the nearby buildings. Many people had gathered atop the buildings, waiting, for the new year to be ushered in.

The fireworks weren't going to be set off from the roofs, but down under, in some of the clearings.

"I bet you are excited." Chloe commented. She was leaning on the railing with her back and looking sideways at him. She was casually wearing a pair of jeans, heels and a light blue blouse. The night was dark, but the blouse was glowing a bit, complementing her light blue eyes.

"This is going to be the first time since I was born, to witness such a spectacle." He tried to be calm, but excitement was till oozing from his words.

"You are going to love it! By the way...about our talk..." Chloe started. Ever since she came back, they hadn't had the time to chat. Leah was always present, and she felt embarrassed to try and bring up the subject in front of her. Right now she was a bit further away with Elena, so she felt that this was the right time.

"We can't talk right now, only about four minutes are remaining, but I promise you, after the war, I will have a serious conversation with you." Eric turned and looked into her eyes, promising seriously. He didn't want to look down on her feelings. She was too important, a person to him.

His patch, located on the back of his right hand was projecting a countdown a few centimeters above the palm.

"Really?" Chloe asked. Frustration was in her voice. But she failed to understand Eric. This was going to be his first time seeing the fireworks, and she had seen them almost every other end of year ever since she was born, so all of his mind was on the upcoming event. It was even a miracle that he had answered her.

"Really! Now when are the fireworks starting?" Eric answered before going back to his excited self.

'After the war, I must make sure that my feelings get to him!' Chloe clenched her hands and promised herself. The chatter of the people on the roof had long ago been blocked out of her mind as she beheld the boy.

'How I wish you weren't a teenager!' 

"Eric, this is going to be your first fireworks show, are you excited?" A voice came from his left. Chloe was on his right side while Leah and Elena had been a few meters to his left. Now they were making their way over.

"Of course I am excited!" Eric answered. Chloe frowned at the two girls, especially Leah.

'This girl likes him. Troublesome!' She thought.

"There was no need to ask that. Even those who have watched the fireworks every year are still showing their excitement, besides, this year marks the change of an era." Elena said from the side. This time, she was wearing a brown mini dress, which was hugging her entire body, bringing out her curves and bust.

"I am still wondering why you are wearing that. Don't you love pants to death?" Eric wondered. This was foreign to him.

"What are you talking about! I wore a skirt during school!" Elena snapped at him.

"Though, you look beautiful like that. You should wear skirts and the like more often." He complemented. Her hair was cascading down one side of her shoulder at the front and she had applied some light make up. Her brown eyes were shimmering with glow due to it being night. The faint light from his countdown made her appear beautiful.

Kuh!

Elena almost choked at his complement and turned her face away, but a blush rose up from her neck. Too bad, the lighting was bad as it would have been mesmerising.

Shew!

As they were still engrossed in their conversation, something cut thorough the air from the center of the city attracting their attention.

As it rose, sparks were scattered under it like fireflies in the night. Eric entered into a daze as he beheld the scene. It was just too beautiful! It had even silenced the people on the rooftops.

It rose higher and higher, getting brighter and brighter with each passing second, illuminating the crowds of people on each roof.

"Beautiful!" Eric's mouth moved on its own subconsciously.

The sparks spread into the surroundings without going out, forming an ocean in the sky. Eric subconsciously reached out to one and touched it. It was releasing light, but it wasn't hot to the touch.

Boom! 

The bright light which had reached a certain height exploded, unleashing a wave of many firefly-like points of light, spreading them in the surrounding.

"Wow! They look like stars!" Leah's exclamation broke Eric out of his daze. She was clapping her hands excitedly.

"They are sooooooo...beautiful!" Eric shouted at the top of his lungs. They weren't the only ones as the people on the other rooftops were exclaiming the same words.

This was a new thing, it had never been launched in the previous years.

"WELCOME TO THE NEW ERA!!!"

A voice boomed from the center of the city, and exploded into the atmosphere sending countless people into excitement. Countless hearts sped up!

Eric's heart was one of them. He felt like he could do anything! It was brought on by the atmosphere. Many people cheered loudly.

The specks of light which had scattered around started being pulled by some, which had developed an attractive force. The one resting in his hand was one of those which had developed an attractive force.

He stared into his palm as countless star-like specks in the surrounding coalescenced around the one in his hand. They rotated around it like stars around a black hole creating a galaxy like entitiy.

"A galaxy! What's up with this fireworks?" Elena exclaimed from the side. She wasn't staring at the one in his palm, but countless in the night sky. All the lights in the city had been killed for this moment and multiple people started taking pictures and videos of the phenomenon.

"I wonder if the other cities did something like this!" Chloe said as the lights were reflected in her pupils. They were beautiful even to her.

Multiple galaxies, formed in the night sky, rotating on their axes.

"THIS FIREWORK IS CALLED GALAXY!!!" 

The person once again shouted from the center of the city causing an eruption of cheers.

"Galaxy!"

"Galaxy!!"

"Galaxy!!!"

The chant started from one, then spread to a few, and in seconds, people were chanting it across all the roofs.

"Galaxy! Galaxy! Galaxy!" Eric joined in, even the soft spoken Leah shouted, her face flushed with excitement.

Elena was even jumping around not caring about her bouncing assets. Chloe was was shouting so loudly that the very air was warping from her voice!

"WELCOME TO THE NEW ERAAAAA...!!!"

"THE RAMPAGING ERAAAAAAA...!!!"

The voice from the middle of the city shouted before the spinning galaxies in the air burst apart in a shower of light, fizzing out into the surroundings like falling stars.

2