Chapter 137 Kampala City’s Preparations (2)
52 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RB Chapter 137 Kampala City's Preparations (2)

"This war, how are we going to manage it? We have zero commanding talent." Another person, seated to the right of Ntenume, said.

She was a woman. Her entire being radiated coldness, as if she wanted no one to be near her. She was clad in a black combat suit, like those of Eric, but it was woven with strings instead of scales. She radiated a feeling of sharpness from her entire being.

"The energy channlellers will be free to act as they please. Missions will be issued to them. We shall treat them like adventurers." Elder Muti clarified on that.

"The vehicles mounted with the laser weapons will be commanded by an AI, and I will be providing instructions to the other combat oriented people who haven't yet become energy channellers." He continued.

"Kikere, you will be my second in command. Provide those who are still weak with laser guns and arrange them into an army, discipline isn't important, as long as they follow orders." Elder Mutual moved his gaze to the last person on his right side. It was a man whose entire face was ugly. His face was big, eyes even larger with a horizontal slit in the middle of his green pupils. Pustules were over his entire face and they bounced around as if they had been filled with something.

"Yessssssss." The man only spoke that one word and kept quiet afterwards.

All the other in the table didn't talk to him, not out of disgust but fear. It was in their eyes and even the cold looking woman was making sure not to come close to him, resulting in her body continously rubbing on Ntenume's, on her left.

"Kikere...is it okay to give him command, his communication skills aren't...good." Kiwuka had paused to search for a word to describe his lack of communication skills but ultimately settled in that.

"He will be the perfect choice. If any disobeys my orders, he can simply kill them!" Elder Muti didn't delve too much into it. The people Kikere was going to command were weaklings, they weren't going to have any significant impact in the war unless they broke through go a higher level.

"Bunyogovu, I want you to keep an eye on the remaining scions of the ten clans." The elder turned his attention to the cold looking woman. Her hair was white, a choice she had made herself and her pupils too, were of the same color.

"Do you want me to kill them, elder?" The woman asked, murderous intent leaking out of her entire body.

"No, just watch them. Some clowns will take action. We don't have to do anything. If they die, we can just make sure to find a way to pin the blame on the clowns and kill all of them." Elder Muti leaned back in his chair. His mood was good.

"Now, I think its time to give a speech to the public. Kiwuka, arrange your ants outside and around the city. They will be the vanguard.

Kikere, organise the people I have put you in charge of, and have them be on standby near all the gates." The elder ordered before going out.

"The energy channellers will only start to move out after those two units have cleared the area near the city." His voice came from afar.

"Ntenume, it seems the elder is giving you permission to do whatever you want." Kiwuka said, her gaze turning to the man on her right. She had stood up, just like the others. They were heading out to complete the elder's orders.

"I was the chief of police at one time, him not giving me any orders means that he has lost his trust in me." Ntenume shook his head. He could read between the lines. After his defeat, he had become more observant.

-----

"Oh! It seems that the elder is going to address the entire city." Eric commented, before standing up and stretching. Seating in one place for too long had made his muscles a bit dull.

"Hmpf! He simply plotted to get the city, if it wasn't due to a surprise attack, he wouldn't have won." Elena snorted.

"I heard that most of his powerful men lost their lives in the battle, so he's under pressure from the organisations which supported him. They are plotting to get him to become their puppet." Chloe revealed, causing all the people in the room to look towards her in shock.

"Chloe, how do you know all that?" Eric asked.

"I took some time to return to the city before coming back, catching up with some old acquaintances." She answered. A grin was on her face.

"Are you thinking of returning to work for the man?" Elena's gaze became sharp. It was like she would act aggressively the moment she heard an answer she didn't want.

"Nah. He abandoned me first. Why would I want to go back? Besides, I didn't join him with the goal of overthrowing the ten clans." Chloe pretended not to see Elena's aggression and answered calmly. Her eyes, though were staring at Eric. This answer was more to reassure him than the others in the room.

Leah looked at the three people, but didn't say anything in the end. She was a very quiet person who didn't like getting caught up in disputes.

"Let's go out." Eric said.

-----

On the east side of the city, right outside the east gate, the land had been cleared and leveled, creating a flat piece of land 2km squared.

The time was currently 12:00am, noon. The sun was heating the land as if dishing out punishment. Many people were gathered in this two kilometer piece of land.

They were standing in the sun, but no one found it uncomfortable. They were all staring in the direction of a platform which had been set up right beneath the wall in front of the eastern gate. The place was crowded, but not to the point of bodies rubbing against each other.

The Mayor, it was a title which had been acknowledged to be given to the various city leaders by the African federation. He was about to give a speech, the mayor of Kampala city, elder Muti. He was a popular figure among the normal citizens of the city.

"I don't like the sun." That came out from both Chloe and Eric simultaneously.

They looked at each other in surprise before turning away and blushing.

"Yeah! Yeah! Who told your clan leader to merge with the DNA of an underwater creature? And all the others who followed him at that time copied him, how idiotic?" Elena mocked.

"Your clan only had your family possessing the lion gene because you didn't want to have others challenge your authority. Don't act all smug." Chloe spat back.

They were also in the crowd and the people around them had given them a wide space of about 6m in diameter. Due to their status as people from the ten clans, no one wanted to be close to them.

Gazes of resentment and hate were directed their way, mostly at Elena. Almost all the citizens hadn't gotten to terms with her slaughter. Seeing her walking around fine and dandy, made them angry.

"Could you not shout? These people already hate us, it would be better not to provoke them." Leah tried to make her voice sound as low as possible. The gazes were making her flinch. She was scared they were going to attack and drown them.

"Don't worry Leah, these people are weaklings, they wouldn't dare to attack us. They are still held down by the belief that the people from the ten clans are stronger that them." Eric explained, patting her on the shoulder.

"Yeah. They are only glaring, looks can't kill." Elena also tried to disperse her fear. She had given up on arguing with Chloe.

"Too bad, I can't channel away the heat waves as that would lead to a rise in temperature for you, who haven't broken through to the spectrum realm." Chloe pouted while directing her gaze towards the two girls as if it was their fault.

"Oya oya oya! I thought I heard the voices of the three brats. So you were here?" A voice came from the crowd. All those who heard the voice moved away from a group of people in who had appeared, opening up a path into the clearing.

Monki, was the one who had spoken. He was leading a group of people. His silver staff was glistening in the sun and his messy brown hair coupled with the grin on his face gave off a rugged appearance.

He was also covered in a combat suit, but its color was brown. His eyes contained blatant disdain as they beheld Eric's group of four.

"What? Are you about to complain? I didn't say anything not true." He said after seeing their frowns.

"Ah! I also forgot. There is also Chloe! Those melons on your chest are the ones which first attracted my gaze, not your face, sorry sorry." His apology was laced with sarcasm.

Zzzzzz!

Electricity flashed and beads of sweat rolled down Monki's face.

2