Chapter 140 Situation Spirals
54 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RB Chapter 140 Situation Spirals

While Eric's group was making their way out of the crowd to search for a place to rest, five people were seating underneath a large tree. The tree was green and full of life as if it had spent countless years in this place, but it had just risen out of the ground.

The chairs and the platform had all been grown out of the ground by the elder too.

A breeze rusled the leaves of the tree causing the shadows cast by them on the ground to sway.

"Elder, your genetic ability is too convenient!" Kiwuka commented as she relaxed on her seat, a smoke on her face.

"Yeahhhhhh." Kikere too, agreed. He was a person who would be ignored no matter where he was. Even though his face was ugly, the crowd had totally ignored his existence, you could even say that he hadn't been noticed.

"Kiwuka, this is also then first time I have taken you seriously. I never knew that you had such a high acting talent!" Elder Muti commented, though it came out as praise mostly.

"I had to get rid of their resentment. Some might have attacked my ants out in the wilderness and died pitifully. Besides, its all for the elder." Kiwuka let down her hair which had been tied up into a bun on top of her head.

"Does it really matter whether they have resentment or not?" Bunyogovu, whose eyes had been closed, opened them and asked.

"It doesn't really matter. What matters is that this raised the number of people who like the elder, besides, won't they become more obedient?" Kiwuka answered.

"You have a good grasp of the situation. You deserve to become a leader." Elder Muti commented.

"What do you think, Ntenume?" The elder directed his question to the burly man who had his hair covering his face.

"She lacks charisma." Ntenune answered that simply.

"I agree." Bunyogovu agreed with Ntenume.

"Hahahaha...elder, they are right. All I can be is an idol, or something like that, not a leader." Kiwuka also laughed at the elder's comment.

"Hahahaha...you are right." The elder also chuckled.

-----

Minutes passed as the people sat in the clearing, in various groups. The heat of the sun did nothing to dispel the excited atmosphere of the people. The ants were like a wall, not moving or even twitching as if they were dead.

Occasionally, some people would eye the ants and have reassured expressions on their faces. The laser weapononised cars were packed just near the various gates inside the city.

As the time got closer, excitement dwindled away and started to become nervousness and fear. This was a large scale operation that was going to be carried out. Even though the people here occasionally went into the wilderness to hunt, this was going to be the first time that they would be participating in such a large scale war.

1:38pm

"Leah, are you trembling?" Eric asked as he rested his head on Chloe's thighs. He had wanted to rest on the grass but Chloe had insisted that he use her legs. He had denied at first as it would have been embarrassing, but that woman was vehement in her suggestion, so he had had no choice but to accept.

He had caught the signs of Leah's trembling because she was seating on Chloe's right.

"I am nervous." She admitted.

"All of us are nervous, not just you. But don't think about it too much. Just take it as that time that we fought those many yellow furred monkeys." Eric tried to pacify her.

"I know, but this isn't something that can be casually disregarded." She sighed.

"You are right." Eric answered. He was calm on the surface, but his electromagnetic field fluctuated a little. Only Chloe, who was in the spectrum realm like him had managed to detect that. That's why she had insisted that he lie down on her thighs.

"Chloe, why are you calm?" Eric closed his eyes and asked. She was bending her neck and stating into his face, and he was scared that he would blush when he looked into her eyes, so he closed his.

"Ah...!"

Close started as if her thoughts had been far away.

"I wasn't thinking about the upcoming battle." She answered honestly. There was no suitable lie that she could come up with.

"Oh!" Eric simply answered with that. Prying into her thoughts when she had been blatantly staring into his eyes would lead to all sorts of awkward situations.

'The electromagnetic waves released by the sun are too concentrated, I can feel them. This is the best time to fight for spectrum warriors.' Eric could see all the electromagnetic waves entering his domain. He had activated his all spectrum vision, but of course at the bare minimum. The intensity of the waves alone were enough to blind him.

-----

"Shit! shit! shit!" That curse came out of a woman's mouth. It was Cleo, who was in the conference room, now the war room. Countless people were running around contacting cities, managing resources, getting the positions of the spectrum warriors...and many other things.

The reason she was cursing was that some cities' forces were unequipped to deal with the dangers around them and she was having a headache just thinking of how she was going to compensate the deficit.

"Those fools lied about their military strength and now I have to deal with it! Hey! You! Yes, you! Who do you think I am pointing at? Summon them! If they think that they can dump their problems to me, that are sorely mistaken!" She called over one of the people who wasn't that busy.

"Yes,ma'am!" The woman hurriedly said before trying to contact the various mayors that were on a holographic list floating in front of Cleo.

"Madam chairman, it looks like they are busy with war preparations." The woman answered timidly.

"Those fools! After the war they are going to be punished!" She roared causing all the people to jump. But they didn't dare to look at her as they might earn her ire.

"Madam chairman! An urgent report!" Someone shouted at this time grabbing the attention of all the people in the room.

"What is it? Something couldn't have slipped out of our control right?" Cleo was puzzled. She rubbed the space between her eye eyebrows. She was exhausted. For the past few hours after the meeting, she had been swamped with work. This was one if the times she felt regret for choosing to be the chairman of the federation. Of course, the position didn't give her more power than the council members. It only made her the face of the entire coalition.

"The scorpions in the Sahara desert have started to move enmasse." The man reported, a look of panic and terror in his face.

"Zoom in!" She ordered, causing the map on the screen to zoom into one of the danger zones in the sahara desert. Cleo didn't have the time and energy to monitor the situation of the entire continent by herself, so, a bunch of staff had been recruited to monitor the activity of the cities and the areas near them.

The staff had provided the coordinates where the anomaly had appeared. The moment the image in real time came into view, all the people in the room sucked in a breath of air.

The image was of sand, endless sand, which had become obscured by many dark things moving across it like ants. They were scorpions, the smallest of which, the size of a palm, and the largest, even surpassed the size of a cow.

"Where are they heading?" Cleo frowned. These scorpions easily surpassed a million!

"This city, the one I am monitoring, Chad city." The image then moved, showing a circular city with brown walls, like the sand surrounding it. According to the activity that could be observed, they had detected the sweeping beast tide and had prepared a siege battle. No one could be seen outside the city.

"Send air support and bombard them. We need to cut down on the numbers." She ordered immediately.

"Also send a mess..." Before she could finish the order...

"A tide of beasts has appeared and heading towards the coastal city of Mombasa in the east!" Someone who had been assigned the task of monitoring that city reported.

"Chairman, city F..."

Many such reports streamed into the theater of operations causing Cleo to enter a daze.

'Could it be that the beasts intercepted our information?' She was shocked! But this had been within her expectations.

"Send the order! The war starts now!" She shouted at all the people in the room and they proceeded to relay her orders.

"Send out all the aerial vehicles...it should be towards those cities which are judged to have weaker military might to surpress the incoming attack!"

"You! Get all the spectrum warriors in those danger zones on the line!" Cleo shouted!

Another large screen rose up and it segregated itself into many square partitions. Many faces, both of men and women appeared on screen. They had urgent looks on their faces as if they were about to face a terrifying enemy.

"Have you detected any spectrum beasts within your respective beast tides?" She asked.

1