Chapter 144 This Is War
36 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    RB Chapter 144 This Is War

Michael didn't pause for even a second! He appeared at another position, but this man sized scorpion waved its stinger towards him with such speed that it surpassed the speed of sound. This gave it away as an energy channeller. Scorpions below energy channelling could only move their stingers to the same level as energy channelling, but, for energy channelling ones, their every part could reach that level.

But that also showed that even an energy channeller had to be cautious when facing a normal scorpion!

As the pincer came close, once again Michael sped up his muscles, fluttering away from the path of the pincer and instantly appearing in front of the scorpion! Its beady eyes were staring at him, but probably the image hadn't yet even been transmitted to its brain!

In a few places, five meters around him, the last rays of the evening sun dimmed as they gathed into balls of light which passed through the scorpions head, leaving pencil thin holes. Before the scorpion could even react to its death, it was kicked off the wall onto the pile below.

The mayor, and his secretary could also seen fighting at other sections of the wall. All energy channellers were fighting to prevent the scorpions from breaching the wall. There was an energy barrier at their backs that was preventing the purple mist from entering the city.

The energy channellers who were currently left on the wall had gained experience in this battle, and those who had died had already been taken back to be buried, only those who didn't fall off the city wall.

Every single second, multiple sounds of splattering could be head as scorpion corpses piled underneath the wall. Except for the chittering of the scorpions, all the combatants were fighting silently, like machines. Talking alone was a waste of precious energy, no one would engage in it.

Sometimes, Michael's brown fur, which was covering his body would elongate and cut through the scorpions if they got to many! He had absolute control over every part of his body.

"When is that spectrum level beast going to show itself!" The mayor roared as he shattered the chest of a man sized scorpion with two fast punches. To the average eye, it would seem as if he had just pushed the scorpion with his fists!

It had been, over multiple hours ever since the battle began, but the spectrum level scorpion hadn't yet appeared. It was patiently wasting their energy, causing their fatigue to build up. 

The entire city wall couldn't accommodate all the energy channellers, so they took turns, if someone got too tired, they would be replaced by someone else. Even Michael had taken two breaks.

Every second, ATP shots would be thrown from underneath the city only to vanish in midair, being picked up by a warrior. Liquid ATP was more welcomed that tablet ATP as it took less time to be moved to every cell. Tablet ATP, first had to effervescence, which would take a few seconds. A few seconds meant death in this fast paced battlefield!

'Until now, I haven't been capable of detecting the spectrum beast. Is it patient, cautious, fearful or cunning?' Michael wondered while weaving through the multiple skeletons in the air, only leaving behind pieces which fell below the city wall, adding to the pile.

These creatures were easy to kill since they were weaker than him, but their numbers were the problem. They were too many! And with the spectrum beast still in the shadows, even Michael was starting to have erratic thoughts.

'I hope that brat understands the heaviness of war from the video.' Michael even had the time to remember Eric while slaughtering the scorpions. His fur was still brown, as he didn't allow any drop of purple blood to make contact.

-----

"Chad city is requesting resources! What is the air force doing?" A person shouted.

"Air bombardment is needed by city Black!" Another loud voice rang out in the room.

"City Fran has fallen!" That person's shout attracted many other's attention. The person who had announced that had a pale face. He must have seen the entire process of the city's destruction. The people who had given him a sliver of their attention once again turned back to their monitors.

"The air force is being harassed by avian beasts. We ask that you wait a bit." Another voice drowned out the others in the room.

"City Zan is requesting an additional spectrum warrior! If there is any, please head there immediately!" 

"Spectrum warrior Mbeku has fallen! Please send another immediately!" A voice came out from a screen. It probably belonged to a city's mayor. His hair was dishevelled, and exhaustion was all over his countenance.

Such voices filled the room, turning it into something like a market place. 

Many people were moving around in a hurry, exchanging data, helping to coordinate attacks, and many other tasks. There were also those who were monitoring the overall war situation of the continent.

Seated behind a desk was Cleo. Her hands were forming a pyramid at the table with the fingers touching. Her head was leaning on those hands and she was taking in all the information that those people in the room were shouting out.

Her mind was a mess and she was wondering how she was going to handle this. This was the first time that she was leading a real war.

She had been naive and arrogant to think that she could handle the task. She had finally managed to see that she had been mistaken.

If the war had started as it had been planned, maybe she would have gotten accustomed to the task at her pace. But the beasts had also launched attacks on multiple cities, especially those in the northern hemisphere of the continent. That had thrown most of the preparations out the window!

Her eyes which had been closed, opened and looked at the bussling staff. Even though they appeared to be handling the tasks themselves, they would occasionally throw a glance her way. They were all waiting for her to take charge. All of these people had been provided by the cities of the continent. Each city had at least one person here.

"So...this is what it means to be in charge of a war." She muttered to herself.

"I need someone who has led a war, or anything similar. Search for, and contact them!" She ordered after mustering up the resolve. This wasn't the time to be absentminded! Those who had lost their cities and those whose cities were in dire states were looking at her with dissatisfaction.

'I am truly sorry. I will take the blame for that after the war.' She thought while looking directly into their eyes.

2