Chapter 153 God-like Speed
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RB Chapter 153 God-like Speed

Black spikes, stabbed into tree bark and the muddy swamp ground littered the place. But the place was too dark, due to the battlefield having drifted away from the camp fire. The tree canopies obscured any starlight that could fall to the ground.

But the five lifeforms, didn't have any sort of vision impediment whatsoever.

A temporary peace had appeared after that indiscriminate attack by the black cat. It was now standing in the middle of the four humans, its fur having vanished to leave behind pink skin and blood.

It looked so grotesque that it would give even these four nightmares. Its green luminescent pupils betrayed a trace of fatigue as it vigilantly twitched its nose and ears. All its senses were in a heightened state, possibly to deal with any type of attack the four humans would throw at it.

In its eyes, two of those humans appeared like lightning gods, electric snakes slithering all over their bodies, lighting up the black scales covering the skin. They had literaly gotten away unscathed from its attack. Their breath was a bit disordered, a minor outcome.

The girl with the emerald scales had a few spikes sticking out of her body, but with its knowledge, it knew that no vital areas had been impacted.

Then there was the last one, the wild ferocious one. She too was unscathed but, she was clutching her throat with a scrunched up face. Her sound ripple had also impacted the cat itself, leading to some internal bleeding.

'Those two...they must be hiding their true strength.' The cat had such a thought pass through its mind. It had managed to glean that much as it had a feeling that they were holding back, probably to work on 'teamwork'.

'I almost died!' Leah thanked her lucky stars.  Multiple black spikes were stabbed into her shoulders, arm and feet. The scales had failed to stop the projectiles.

Pain was coursing through her nerves and she was only relying on her willpower to hold herself back from screaming.

'She's injured. Should I still restrain myself?' Eric had his gaze towards Leah. He really wanted to go to her, but they were still in the midst of battle.

'He has fallen for her...' Chloe didn't know whether she wanted to become jealous, or try to encourage it. She was looking at his face and saw all the signs.

Patches of Leah's skin were missing a few scales. She had fired them off to defend against the spikes heading for any fatal areas.

'Oh my head!' She clutched at her head. She had worked her brain like a slave and calculated the paths of the spikes so that the scales could intercept them. This was a consequence of that. Tears flowed down her cheeks as she felt a pain that surpassed even that of her wounds.

Eric's hands twitched violently upon seeing that.

'It looks like the two legged form is a hindrance to my speed.' The cat thought. The other two groups had been easily taken care of in its primal form, so it had opted to transform, thinking that these ones were as weak as those, which would allow it to practice fighting in this form.

'If all my four limbs touch ground, I will be able to harvest the two heads of those female humans easily...but they aren't idiots. They are overly tense. If I make any suspicious moves, they might notice, especially that guy with the violet eyes...they aren't normal.' Its mind was calm even in the face of the current state of its body.

Sleeee...phooosh!

As it was contemplating, it slid from the root accidentally due to the wetness and fell into the swamp.

It's eyes widened and it instantly entered a combat ready stance, thinking that they were going to attack, but they didn't move.

"Did it just slip accidentally?" Chloe's question pierced through the night.

"Yes." Eric had narrowed his eyes when it had slipped, thinking that it had been a trap, but upon seeing the energy movement through its body, he concluded with that answer. 

'Hmmm! They didn't attack. But, now I have to climb out of this mud. If they attack I am dead.'

Its feet had sunk up to the point where even the knee caps had been buried.

'Wait...!' A light bulb went off in its head. It decided to stay in the mud after all!

'Leah and Elena are recovering. I will wait for a few seconds before we press our advantage.' Eric thought. He even deliberately used his domain to transport the thought into Chloe's mind.

'Done!' The cat's eyes lit up!

Shew! Zzzzzzt!

Chloe, whose attention hadn't strayed away from the cat for even a moment was the only one who reacted first.

Her hair had stood on end! She had caught a weird facial expression on the cat's face which she had instinctively understood to portray a grin.

Boom!

The nightly silence of the grove was disturbed by a huge explosion of sound!

The center cratered, the mud was compressed by the shockwave and two beings appeared to have been floating in the center.

One, being Chloe. The electric serpents on her body had thickened and her pale blue eyes were suffused with a bright blue glow. The other figure was on four legs,the bkack cat to be precise.

Chloe was crouching low, blocking the claws of the black cat, her entire body lit up with blue electrical snakes. Some detached and hit the mud below, causing vapor to rise.

"As expected. You were hiding your strength." The black cat had a feminine voice make its way out of its mouth. It had probably rearranged its vocal cords.

Chloe had a feeling that the cat was grinning at her. This was the second time. The two, as if by prior agreement simultaneously acted to repel the other. Both landed within the crater, only a few meters away from each other.

The mud in the crater had been so impacted by the shockwave that the moisture had seeped out and was now in the form of a pool. More water was seeping into the crater from the edge.

1