Chapter 156 Rankings
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          RB Chapter 156 Rankings

"...I see the merit in your argument. But what do you suppose we do? Any ideas?" Her gaze alternated between each individual in the group of people at the front of her desk.

"I suggest that they be executed immediately after the war." The bloodthirsty suggestion came from behind.

"You are just a secretary. Who gave you the permission to speak?" A woman asked, causing the secretary's lowered head to rise. She hadn't even looked up from her holographic screen when the suggestion had left her lips.

"Remember, many lives hang on the war. How can they be allowed to parade around when victory is grasped, when they guzzled up plenty of resources due to their incompetence. You command an entire city, would you let such a surbodinate go?" The secretary got a good look at the woman. She was dressed in a red pencil skirt and red jacket, her demeanor was that of a young Lady, raised within a large clan, battle experience practically zero because of arrogance, basically someone not worth her attention. She lowered her head upon finishing with that analysis.

"..." The woman's mouth opened, she was so angry at being ignored that she was going to argue back.

"She's my secretary. I am the only one allowed to rebuke her. Besides, it was just a suggestion. Anyone in this room other than you, leaders of cities, is allowed to speak their minds." Cleo stared down the woman causing her to swallow her words.

"Isn't her suggestion a bit too violent and tyrannical?" Someone among the others asked, taking the heat off for the woman.

"Drastic?...hahahahaha...you saw what happened to those cities and yet...you talk about being drastic? Okay, since their cities survived, they appear to have no charges, but what about the help we have sent over dye to their fake information? Do you know how much money was wasted? Let me tell you...billions of universal currency!"

"Do you expect that amount of money to come out of their pockets any time soon? Their heads will roll after the war. If any of them flee, I will immediately blame and investigate everyone in this room." Cleo was so worked up that her chest was heaving.

"I am the chief of command here. It will be done. Besides, those cities which survived won't let them go even if they manage to survive, not to mention the organisations funding the war." She sat back down in the end. No matter which angle you looked at it in the end, there was no way those city lords were going to have a good time after the war.

"Let's move over to another subject. I would have liked all the members to appear, or watch from a screen. Would you make that possible?" Cleo turned to her secretary.

The crowd in front of the desk became puzzled wondering what she was about to do.

-----

A few minutes later...

"Many energy channellers and Spectrum warriors have died in this short period..."

On the big screen, multiple city lords had appeared, all the members of the federation. They were all intently listening to what she was saying.

"...I was thinking...a lot in these past few days, and I came up with an idea. What if we create two rankings...public rankings of the kills made by spectrum warriors and energy channellers..."

"A splendid idea!"

"YEAH!"

"It will keep the public off our backs and also generate a new form of interest."

"It will create legends!"

Many were in support of the idea, multiple smiles and joyous faces on the screen made Cleo feel happy that the idea had been accepted. No one seemed to notice the cold glint in her eyes as she stared at some particular citylords.

"They will be called the Legend and Lord rankings..." Cleo continued after giving them time to digest the suggestion.

"The legend ranking will list those spectrum warriors who have managed to complete at least one mission. The mission completion will be calculated in points, with slaughtering a spectrum beast awarding at least 1000pts. The more points, the higher the ranking. Remember one thing though, points can be deducted and they can also be used to exchange for resources..."

She paused here to take a sip from her cup.

"...the Lord ranking will be for energy channellers and will follow the same pattern. Only the death of an energy channelling beast will be awarded with 100pts." She finished.

"Its fair."

"We agree."

"Yeah. After all the energy channellers will be working in teams."

Many agreed.

"Other than the obvious...fame...What will be the resources and where will they come from?" A crucial question was asked. The elder, leader of the super city in the south, also the patriarch of the Ibhubesi famiky had asked.

"The federation will provide the resources of course. The Black Diamond Group has managed to develop a solution, replacing the need to search in the wilds for those fruits needed to breakthrough into the spectrum level." She said calmly, but the sound of heavy breathing entered her sensitive ears from those on the screens. She developed an urge to smile, at that but kept herself from doing that. She hadn't spoke as the head of the group. She was the owner of the organisation, an open secret, but there was no need to flaunt it here.

"Is what you said true?" The silence was finally broken by someone.

"Yes. You do know that there is no way I would lie, right?" She asked.

Upon hearing that, murmurs burst through the room as the people on the screens and those inside this place showed a myriad of expressions.

"For both the rankings, that solution will be included as one of the rewards. It will be priced at 5000pts, no negotiation." She threw out a high number.

"I bet this alone will be motivation enough...but more will be added." 

Many of those here turned enthusiastic and ideas on how to improve on the rankings were produced one after the other bringing a smile to her face. 

This meeting led to the creation of the first ranking in history, which went on to have very large implications on the future if this world. It created an era where personal strength was idolised far more than political power.

"Videos will have to be submitted at the completion of a mission. We don't want anyone cheating." One of the people among the many faces on the screen suggested.

"Yeah! Mostly those energy channellers." Another added on.

"I heard that spectrum domains can interfere with electrical devices. How are you going to handle that?" A person asked.

0