Chapter 158 Lightning Team
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

         RB Chapter 158 Lightning Team

"I bet you must have accumulated enough achievements to be at the top."

A female voice caused all of the four to shift their attentions behind themselves by turning around.

A petit woman was behind them. She appeared to be in her twenties, wearing a tight black shirt which showed off her tiny mounds. A tight mini skirt underneath her chest and black leggings to cover up whatever would have been visible at the end of the skirt.

She had black bobcut hair and her tiny face was currently calmly regarding them. A pair of glasses rested in the middle of her nose giving her an intellectual vibe.

A trio of women was behind her, a but older, but still in their twenties. Their posture made them appear as surbodinates to her. 

'They must be the remaining surbodinates of her clan.' Eric concluded while regarding them. Many people who had been surbodinat to the ten clans had abandoned them when they had been kicked off the seat of power. Only those who were very loyal managed to stay behind.

"You seem to know a bit about all this. What's with all the unknowns?" He asked. She must have approached them deliberately...he knew, that's why he asked.

"Log into the African federation website and register your team on the Lords ranking tab. You will understand then." She answered. That caused his eyes to narrow.

He didn't glare at her further than a few seconds, instead deciding to take her advice.

"Sally, I took you as someone who seeks benefits even for something tiny...so what do you want in return?" Chloe asked, her arms crossed under her chest emphasizing her mounds and causing some men in the crowd around them to gulp down mouthfuls of saliva.

Eric had ignored everything else and was instead focussing on the holographic screen trying to input the information.

"Nothing. This is common knowledge. Even if you had asked some random person, they could have told you." Sally answered while one of her hands moved to adjust her lowered glasses.

Chloe also glared at her, trying to see through her facade but a question from Eric dragged away her attention.

"What should the name of our team be?"

"Berserkers." Elena jumped at the question as if she had already been prepared.

"No!" And just as fast, the other three shit her down.

"Tch!" She pouted in dissatisfaction.

"Lightning." The suggestion came from Eric. Sally was simply looking upon their exchange with no visible expression.

"Lightning..." Chloe mumbled, turning the word over in her mind, trying to see whether it was suitable.

"Its good." Leah said.

"Tsk! You would agree to anything, even if he suggested something bogus." Elena clicked her tongue in jest. Her eyes threatened to bore holes in Leah causing her face to flush pink.

"What about 'predator'? We are the 'predators'. Don't you think that it would be cool?" This time Elena trued to convince them.

"Some team already chose it. Two teams can never have the same name." Sally entered the conversation briefly.

"Chloe. Let's go with Lightning." Eric persuaded. When she eventually nodded, he registered the name.

"I bet Mugumivu is regretting not participating." Elena changed the topic. She wanted to move away from the naming of the team lest she gets angry.

"I don't think so. Mugumivu is a calculating man." Sally denied with a shake of her head.

"Oh!" That piqued her interest. Even Eric's ears pricked up.

"Do you believe that the Black Diamond Group would leave out its people when they are the ones who developed the spectrum ascension solution?" She asked.

"Really? They developed it?" Chloe was skeptical.

"Yes. If it had been released before the war, the large organisations and clans would have fought over it, leaving nothing for the masses. But this ranking is going to be our only way of getting it. Competition is going to be stiff. Are you up for it?" She asked after that long monologue. Her question was like a faint pressure, causing the four to be silenced.

"Wow!"

"Look at that. The number one has finally registered their team name!"

"Team Lightning? I wonder who they are?"

"Does anyone know of them?"

"I have never heard of such a team."

Upon hearing of their team name, the four shifted their gazes back into the Lord rankings.

"Sally, I think that answers your question." Elena jabbed back smugly, a grin lighting up her face and mood.

"With two monsters far surpassing normal energy channellers, I expected as much. If you weren't at the top...that would have been shocking instead." She answered calmly as if she had already expected that.

"So, by coming over and telling us that information...you wanted to gauge our capability." Eric summarised her intentions.

"After all...you are the strongest competition around." She said.

"There is no need to flatter us." Elena commented.

The three women had long been shocked that this team which contained three teens and one adult was that strong! No wonder the young mistress led them over! It wasn't because they were her friends, but the strongest people around.

"I am simply stating the obvious...though I wonder, why weren't you two summoned?" Sally asked Eric and Chloe. The question caused the two to exchange glances for a moment.

"You could ask her yourself." Eric said deciding to pretend that there was something Sally didn't know.

"Oh..." Her eyes narrowed but she didn't continue hounding them.

"In repayment for coming to spy on you, I will give you a piece of intelligence..." She said as she prepared to separate from them.

"...beware of Monki." She finished while turning in her heel and striding away.

"Monki? He's just a weakling." Elena scoffed as she watched Sally and her entourage disappear from her view.

"Sally isn't one to say something meaningless...and do remember that Monki does know of your current power level. If he's plotting something..." Leah said with worry in her voice.

"I know that Sally wouldn't say meaningless things. She has an intelligence group. But right now, we need to earn more points. We shall deal with him when he acts." Chloe said.

"Yup! We can't let these riffraff surpass us!" Elena's voice had been too loud causing scowling gazes to settle on the four.

'Why did she have to join our team?' Eric lamented in his mind. Even when glared at by the masses, she was glaring back with a grin, as if taunting them.

1