Chapter 160 Cleo’s Advice
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 RB Chapter 160 Cleo's Advice

"Hello, Eric." A holographic image floated out when he answered and a person who had been in his thoughts lately appeared. Her voice was enthusiastic as if she was truly excited to chat with him after a long time.

"Miss Cleo, aren't you busy with the war?" Eric asked. Though he had been expecting the call, he hadn't expected that it would be this soon.

"I thought you would be ecstatic to see me. I am a top beauty you know, many men want to see my face at least once a year, yet you seem unmoved." She pouted as if really dissatisfied.

"Don't tell me that you are trying to seduce him, are you?" Leah asked. Her voice was cold. Her jealousy had caused her to speak out.

"Little girl..." Cleo frowned and directed her attention towards Leah.

"Why have you made contact after all this time?" Eric decided to intervene. He had decided to save Leah from whatever the woman was going to say.

Cleo's eyes shimmered as she shifted her gaze between Eric and Leah, but ultimately decided to drop whatever she was about to say, a knowing grin on her face.

"I bet you have been curious all along about not being called upon in the war." She started.

"...honestly, I was expecting to be contacted, but it didn't happen, causing me to wonder whether you had forgotten." He nodded and said.

"I expected you to be impatient enough to contact me yourself. Honestly am a bit disappointed." Cleo's expression turned a bit dark.

"Anyway, you are still a teenager. No matter how powerful you are, you are still young in my eyes. You should be enjoying your education peacefully...I do know the circumstances in your city, which is the reason why you are currently on the battlefield. Its a pity that I can't meddle in your politics!"

"It isn't really bad that we can't go to school. Atleast we are stronger and more able to keep our lives." Elena said.

"Yeah. School isn't all that its cracked out to be." Leah also joined in.

"Right now I am studying bio-engineeeing as you might have known in your intelligence. I don't have any plans of going back to school." Eric also said.

"I know...but you two girls, do you really think that the war will last...or that hunting in the wilderness will go on forever? You need to start thinking about what you want to do in the future or else you won't fit into society in a couple of years. Even if that job of hunting beasts stays, you will be working for those who went to school and have better positions. Would you really want to work for your friends whom you left at school?" Cleo asked. 

"Eric, would you like to keep working with your team, or do you want to be up there with the legends?" She asked after that lengthy knowledge speech.

"My team." Eric answered without any hesitation. He felt breaths of relief being taken in the room even without looking at his companions.

"Are you really certain you don't want to create your own legend?" She asked once again.

'Not at the moment...but if a white furred monkey wielding a spear shows up, I want you to notify me first." His eyes glinted with murderous intent.

"If I may ask, is it the one which caused those injuries I saw last time?" Cleo asked. The other three women also pricked up their ears. Eric had never spoken about what kind of beast had attacked him and killed both Baguma and Elec.

"Yes." He answered coldly.

"How strong is it exactly? If I am not mistaken, it must be at the spectrum level, but I want to know how strong?" She asked.

"Its very strong. It appeared to have been at that level for sometime, so it has more experience. If I was to be honest, spectrum warriors at Michael's level might die instantly." 

Cleo gasped in shock at his honesty.

"Surely you must be exaggerating." Cleo denied his words the moment she regained herself.

"I am not. Baguma burnt his body, activated his energy, and he even used the strongest ability available to us Masanyalazes, the ability to stimulate the tissues and muscles with electric impulses, by passing the neurons. But all of that only allowed him to release three attacks at a speed far faster than that of sound, but it managed to survive." His honesty caused everyone to be silenced.

"Then, wouldn't you be throwing away your life if you decided to go against it?" Cleo asked.

"I don't care. I must return the humiliation." Eric answered back nonchalantly.

"...it looks like you have already made up your mind...okay!" Cleo took a very deep breath as if she wanted to push away all the reservations she had and accepted.

"But first, I will gauge your abilities. When a mission appears involving a spectrum level threat in that region, I will send you. If you fail it, I won't allow you to fight the monkey." She added a condition.

"...okay." Eric reluctantly accepted.

"Why do you care so much? Could it be that every spectrum warrior at Black Diamond Group recieves the same attention?" Chloe asked. She had been silent all along.

"No, I only care because my instincts tell me that Eric is going to achieve great things." Cleo answered.

"Heh..." Chloe didn't believe her for one moment. She thought that the woman must have an ulterior motive.

-----

"Is everything ready?" A voice asked. Its owner was tapping the table. The tapping motion alone signified his impatience as the taps were forceful and fast.

Inside a building in a room with dim lighting, a man was occupying the seat of honor on a long table with many surbodinates taking up the sides. The tapping was originating from him and had even caused a depression to start appearing in the wood making up the table. All the others down the table had lowered faces, fearful to lock gazes with him. The room was as large as a conference room and the people seated at the table were dressed in formal clothes...the men, in suits and the ladies, in all types of designer clothes, buy with a formal theme.

1