Chapter 163 Explosion
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          RB Chapter 163 Explosion

A shockwave of sound caused a ringing in Eric's ears, while his body was hurled away as if it were weightless. Pain came from his side as if a speeding car had knocked into him, causing him to faint even before his body hit the wall, causing cracks.

"Ssssssssssss!"

Eric tried to open his eyes as he felt someone, or something touching his body, causing pain. His ears were ringing and he couldn't register any sound.

He tried to move his body only for mire pain to cause a groan to escape his lips. He couldn't see it, but he knew his body must have looked terrible.

"...ric! E...ric! Eric!" A voice called out to him as his hearing recovered, until he could hear perfectly. He felt the urgency, the worry in it, but his consciousness was still too faint, causing a grogginess in his brain. As his eyes opened, at first, only blurry silhouettes entered his vision until they focussed better.

"Eric! Leah..." This time he managed to recognise the voice. It belonged to Elena.

Mustering all his willpower and strength upon hearing that name...he sat up abruptly. The pain alone caused him to shiver, but he grit his teeth and prevented a scream from escaping his lips.

As his eyes moved around the place, a scene of carnage entered his eyes. Limbs and blood were everywhere, heads and entrails, groans of pain, and the silence of death.

Dust and smoke floated in the air, and flames were burning some of the flammable structures which had been in the lobby. Eric was so shocked by the scene that he even momentarily forgot that someone was at his side calling his name.

People, who appeared to be fromm law enforcement and the fire department were either helping the survivors or, trying to put out the flames.

Eric finally moved his gaze away from them onto his body and found out that it was intact, except that some shrapnel had broken skin embedding itself inside, and caused blood to flow out. He breathed in a sigh of relief upon seeing his intact limbs.

"Leah is missing!" Elena's worry filled shout attracted his gaze to her. She was bleeding heavily just as he was but, she was looking around while kneeling at his side. Her eyes were thick with worry and a primal fear.

Eric once again moved his gaze around, this time nearer to himself and noticed that Chloe's body was in front of himself, heavily bleeding but still alive, just knocked out.

"What happened? Did you see anything? Where is she?" A distressed Eric shook Elena vigorously upon also noticing the situation around. Judging by the blood stains, he could see where a body had been, but now it was not there. His entire mind entered a panicked state causing his adrenaline levels to shoot up.

"My vision was blurry, but I made out a few figures coming near us and standing over us for a few seconds before dragging her away!" Elena said when Eric stopped shaking her. Her gaze wandered when he stopped as if she was about to pass out. She had already lost lots of blood.

"Shit!" Eric cursed in rage and clenched his fists.

'What happened? Why take her?' Eric pulled at his hair. His mind couldn't think straight as he wondered what kind of situation she was in.

'She must have been injured. Could she be dead? No no no...they wouldn't have taken her otherwise, ciuly they?' His mind devolved into a mess.

"Hey! Children! Are you okay?" A woman's voice caused them to focus on her. She came near Chloe and kneeled down. She opened the kit she had come with and started performing first aid.

"Our...my friend has been kidnapped!" Elena shouted as her eyes shimmered with tears threatening to fall.

"Someone was kidnapped? When? Where?" She asked as she temporarily ignored Chloe. The duo pointed at the ground where a vague human outline was, causing her to raise her palm.

"Hello! One of the victims is missing. She might have been kidnapped. I need someone capable of tracking!" She said into the patch at the back of her hand.

"Hurry up!..tell me, what was the gender of your friend, her age and any other information you might know." She asked.

"She is female, her name...is Leah and...she's about 16 years of age." Elena fumbled to answer, almost biting her tongue in the process.

"I need her full names!" The lady asked.

"Leah Musota Butwa." Eric answered this time.

"If your friend was taken, could the bombing have been a diversion?" The woman mumbled to herself.

(Beware of Monki)

Something, the last words Sally had said, which had been buried in the back of his mind came to the fore when the woman talked about that.

Eric felt as if something blocking his mind had come undone, causing a roar to escape his lips.

"MONKIIIIIIIIIIII!" 

Elena was shocked at his roar, but when she also put the pieces together, she roared even louder than him. Both their roars caused the woman to become terrified! 

Eric had activated his electromagnetic domain subconsciously due to his fury, and Elena's voice had been so loud and deep that it even shook the air.

"He took her! That...that...that bastard!" She shouted once again, this time a bit silently as if she had lost her energy. But both were radiating intense bloodlust.

"We need to find Sally. She must know where he is!" Eric said while trying to push himself up only for his arms to give way, causing his body to collapse back onto the ground a groan of pain escaping his lips.

"Hey! It will be better if you get some rest first! Your injuries aren't simple. That Monki or whatever will be found." The woman hurriedly came and stopped Eric from rising up.

"And you, girl! Stay in your place! We can't have your injuries worsening!" She shouted at Elena who was about to attempt the same.

"We were careless." Eric said after some time. The woman had bandaged the two and now they were lying on the ground, waiting to be transported to a hospital.

"Yeah. We became complacent, thinking that he wouldn't dare act in the city." Chloe said. She had woken up at some point, and upon learning of the news, she had been just as enraged as them.

0