Chapter 169 Assassin
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          RB Chapter 169 Assasin

'Monki! Monki! Monki! That fool! That idiot! He has put my fiancee in a very bad position! Why couldn't he have done everything quietly. He has never been one for prudence! I want to kill him! How could he have been so idiotic!' Njibwa uttered plenty of insults in her mind. But her face had a gentle expression. Though, she was in the verge of grinding her teeth. Her fists, which were resting on the seat were clenched with so much force that they had turned white.

She was seating in a car with three others, the team that the Black Diamond group had assigned to assist in the hunting of Monki.

'What a very beautiful woman! If I was the one who had her, I would give up all the others without skipping a beat!' A man thought. His face was the picture of seriousness but his thoughts were filled with imaginations of having Njibwa in bed. He ocassionally peeked through the rear view mirror at her face when he was sure she wasn't looking. He was dressed in black clothes, which appeared to have been crafted for the battlefield, an earpiece in his left ear and short hair which appeared to have been applied with gel, as it was glistening in the morning sun. He appeared confident and at ease, youthful, but in its prime.

The team dispatched to hunt down Monki was composed of three people if Njibwa was discounted. A woman and two men. The woman was seated beside Njibwa at a very respectful distance. She didn't even look at her.

The woman had black hair and green pupils. She appeared to be focussing on the holographic screen in front of herself, monitoring something. Njibwa had already analysed her personality, someone who liked to do her job without interruptions, it was one of the reasons that she had ordered her to sit in the back with her.

The driver was focussing on the road, also monitoring the information on the wind shield. This car was made of the latest technology, even possessing an AI assistant. The driver was also a man of few words, all his focus was placed on the road.

All the three were dressed in black but Njibwa appeared to be the only exception as she was clad in a white body hugging SYMOR appearing to be made out of countless feathers. This Symor had been made by the Black Diamond Group the moment Mugunivu had been chosen for the executive position. It was a gift by Mugumivu to her. The feathery suit, gave off an angelic vibe as the morning sun fell down onto it. That alone made Njibwa's beauty to rise to epic levels.

'That fool! He thinks I can't see him looking at my body through the rear view mirror...I hate such men! He's the same as Monki, the guy only wanted me as a possession. Pathetic. He thinks with his dick instead of with his brains.' She thought, pretending to look out the window at the passing scenery.

 (Landmines detected)

The car screeched to a stop at that warning from the onboard AI. 

"Amateurs trying to sabotage us. How annoying!" The man with the gelled hair complained loudly.

"Madam Njibwa. Don't worry, all this will be taken care of in a jiffy." He said.

"Release an electromagnetic pulse!" He ordered.

(Mines disabled) 

The car continued on its way at that notification. The mines would have destroyed the road, even if the car survived. That would have required them to take a side road, or cut through unfamiliar terrain.

'As expected, even those small fry are trying to claim the bounty for themselves, but anyway, its good that they lead the way. They will help us get rid of any traps Monki might have planned.' Njibwa thought, still staring out the window. This minor interlude wasn't enough to attract her attention.

As they were driving, a video made its way onto the windshield.

"This just happened." The woman, who was seated beside Njibwa said. She was the one who had forwarded it as she was in control of some of the drones monitoring Monki.

"Hoh! That guy managed to get his hand on those things! Interesting!"

"Captain, that was the team from Kampala city that was wiped out." The woman supplemented with information. 

"They were amateurs. It doesn't matter. Atleast it removes the problem of being sabotaged." The man who sat beside the driver answered.

"Speed up, Conrad. We can't let the mission target think that he has won."

"Hmmm!" The driver answered before stepping in the accelerator.

"Madam Njibwa, do you have any specific orders for when we capture Monki?" The captain asked, eager to hear her voice. He was also partly trying to earn points with her. The driver and the woman didn't say anything about it, in fact, their expressions didn't even change one bit.

"I would have liked his death, but...he's needed alive. Though, they didn't specifically say that he was needed in one piece, did they? We could stretch the order a little and break a few of his limbs." A chill raced down the trio's spines as they heard her words. The nonchalant way that she talked made it even more horrifying! 

'She is one poisonous snake!'

Even the woman seated beside Njibwa took a few extra looks at her.

"Don't look at me like that. He has placed the position of my fiance in jeopardy. How can he not be given some form of punishment?"

"Yes yes yes! You are right about that! How can such a person do something like that!" The captain clapped his hands in agreement, but a look of wariness had appeared in his eyes. 

The rumors about this woman were untrue. She wasn't a gentle soul. She was hiding a vicious beast within her angelic exterior. He better stay as far away from her as possible!

-----

"Sir, something happened..." Bunyogovu started. She was back in the same office as before with the elder. She was going to report something but didn't know where to start. Her cold exterior didn't mean that she wasn't scared of the elder. Her hands were shaking with nervousness as she searched for the right words. Right now, she was wishing that someone else was in her position.

"What is it Bunyogovu? I have to hurry back. The front line is struggling. I am even considering dispatching the energy channellers there." Elder Muti said impatiently. He was standing by the door, making his point clear. The war had gotten complicated. The expansion of repatriated territory had slowed to a crawl. Exhaustion could be glimpsed in the elder's eyes.

"The team was wiped out." She finally managed to say.

"What do you mean? Speak clearly!" The elder shouted.

"The team sent to capture Monki fell into his trap and was annihilated."  She held her breath after saying all that.

"What kind of trap?" He asked as he moved away from the door to the desk. This matter had now attracted his attention.

"Monki, had buried laser canons on the side of the road and activated them the moment the team was in position." She explained and even played the video. But she didn't watch it, instead she focused on the elder's expression to see if he was going to blow his top.

"So, they died. Hmmm...I expected as much when our team took the lead. It was going to be Monki or those rich fools either way. Though, what a cruel way to die!" He said calmly causing a weight to be lifted from her heart. She had thought that he was going to blow his top.

"Do we send another team in their place?" She asked.

"No no no...we don't have the man power. I will just notify the council that we have no more resources to spare." Elder Muti sat down behind the desk and entered a thinking pose. 'I have done the best I can.'

"How did they manage to get this many laser canons without us knowing about anything?" He wondered out loud.

"Sir..."

"I know. You don't know anything. They must have gotten them from outside the city, probably through the hands of those two super cities which didn't join the federation." He answered.

"Go and do your work. I will stay here for a bit." He said, before closing his eyes and leaning back into the chair.

'Well played...they have managed to hit many birds with a single stone...even weakening me indirectly. If I am not mistaken, Monki is in for a surprise. There is no way they will leave him alive...'

'...I need to find a chance to get rid of them before they become an even bigger headache.' The elder massaged his forehead. This situation required more extensive planning, but the war was currently taking up most of his mental faculties.

-----

'Energy channelling is a miraculous ability. I can fully exert my strength in as minimal movement as possible...I am one of those few who believed in the strength of my normal cells instead of all the genetic enhancements...' Her flexed his arm feeling all the energy stored in the cells.

'...I was a bit weak, but with my job as an assassin, I could strike with the element of surprise and take down even those people who merged with genetic abilities. Of course I too merged my genes with an animal, but I have never used them, my body is already a treasure trove, why would I want to add other types of genes?'

'I even wonder why we humans have become this stupid? Our own cells evolved, how can we place all our reliance on animal genes? We haven't even begun to unlock the potential contained in ours!'

This man was standing in the middle of the road, trees at the side, blocking the morning sunlight from falling upon his figure, but there was enough light to make out his figure.

He was clad in a black suit, his entire body lean, brown eyes and long black hair. You could even conclude that he was dressed to the nines...so why was he in the middle of the road?

'This mission is going to be my first since I mastered energy channelling...I have always been in the shadows, but now, I want to strike head on. I am excited...very very excited at this opportunity. Whoever invented energy channelling is a genius! I want to thank them!' Many thoughts swirled as he started pacing back and forth in the middle of the road. He was relaxed, one of his hands in his pockets, while another was playing with a few pebbles. The pebbles were grinding against each other as he moved his fingers.

'Now...let's try to remember the information about the target...Monki...about 25 years old...he was one of the scions of those ten clans, the Nkyima clan...genes of a monkey...an expert in the staff, now it has been converted into a spear...he's someone who doesn't calmly think about his decisions...an irrational fool...the employer wants the target to die.'

'A convoy of three cars...he's occupying the middle one. Will a few pebbles suffice?' He looked down at the five pebbles in his hand. They were smooth due to being worn down by the elements. The faint light that fell on them being reflected, causing them to glisten.

'Now all I have to do is wait...they are about 12 minutes away, if my ears aren't deceiving me.' That was the last thought before he positioned himself right in the middle of the road. His hands placed behind his back, waiting.

After a few minutes, the sound of engines was heard off in the distance...

"I was a bit off about the time of arrival...no matter, they are here now. Let's try a flick first." The man mumbled before moving one of the pebbles into his left hand, between the thumb and forefinger.

"Hmmm...they finally saw me...two drivers, two more at the back...with this angle, I should probably cripple one of the tires." He could also see the few drones flying above, but didn't pay them any attention.

Boom!

He flicked his finger and the pebble shot out, its speed was so fast that it broke the sound barrier instantly! A hole was torn through one wheel and the stone even made contact with the axle, embedding itself inside! The tire was crippled instantly!

The car abruptly flipped on its front wheels, its back lifting into the air for a moment, but before it could fall all the way onto the ground, four more stones made it out and crashed through the metal plates like they were made of paper, hitting the four inside. Every shot was a head shot! The car slid off the road and into the undergrowth, only its crashing into a tree managing to stop its motion.

"Now that takes care of that." He mumbled as the screech of tires entered his ears. The next car had stopped and the people inside were now looking at him. One of them, his target.

"Who are you?" Monki's voice was transmitted to his ears. He was shouting over the din of the engine and the drones. The man could detect the uncertainty as he heard Monki's heartbeat.

"A silly question. An idiotic question. He appears not to have brains." The man mumbled, his piercing eyes gazing at the car. All his pebbles had done their jobs and right now he had none. But he had his daggers inside his suit. The trusty daggers which had followed him ever since the start of the bio-pocalypse.

"Hmmm...it appears that I will have to go to him." The man crouched low, and then, he took a step, vanishing from his position. The ground didn't even crater, signifying the great control he had over his strength. His suit might have been made from some special thread as even with his exertion, it didn't tear into pieces.

-----

'Who is this person? How did he take out the car? Which faction is he working for?....aaaaaaah! It doesn't matter! I need to kill him! He's arrogantly blocking the road!' Monki thought as he beheld the black suited man. The man was giving him a faint threat.

Monki's eyes shrank when he crouched low and raced towards him, the man's speed caused him alarm! He tried to leap out of the car only for its door to become an unwelcome impediment, so he kneed it, causing it to come off of its hinges and be hurled a few meters away. The man had to be stopped! He couldn't allow another car to be destroyed! They still had other pursuers, on that, he was sure. Some might even be acquaintances. When he though of a particular brat, he even had the urge to laugh, but this wasn't the time.

He had just made it to the front of the car, when the man reached five meters away. Monki didn't even have time to think and moved his body partly out of instinct! He thrust out with his silver spear at the place where the man was going to appear. The thrust contained all of his strength!

"Slow!" The word entered his ears, before the man shifted to the side and appeared just a few inches away! Monki's eyes had failed to register the speed!

Boom! Creak!

He only had time to instinctively block with his spear shaft as a punch hit it, causing the shaft to curve and creak at the force of the punch! He paled when he felt the noise made by the shaft, but most of all, the burden to his two hands almost broke them.

Boom!

His entire body crashed into the car, knocking the air out of him. A dent even appeared on the car.

The man didn't stop there though, but instead, put one of his hands behind himself and took out a dagger, which he played around with as he once again appeared in front of Monki, the dagger aimed at the throat. Everything had been done in one motion, so precise, Monki figured out his identity as an assassin.

Monki hurriedly extracted himself from the depression and fell to the side, causing the attack to miss. He rolled away from the car and got to his feet only to see that the guy was a meter away, lunging towards him. He blocked with his spear and multiple strikes were exchanged. Every blow that the guy made with his dagger left a chip on the shaft of the spear.

Monki was being pushed back with every clash as the guy's strength was no joke!

'Shit! Who's this guy? Why have I never heard of him?' Monki had an ugly expression. The guy didn't just possess strength, his reflexes were also on an entirely different level causing him not to have any time to counterattack. His hands were starting to get numb and he even almost had his spear flung away at one point!

"I thought you were stronger than this." The man taunted when he felt that Monki was on the backfoot.

"Shit! We have to help the young master, but we can't get a clean shot!" A guy cursed. He was one of the three in the car. He was pointing a laser gun at the combatants, but they were moving so fast that he barely had any window to take a shot lest he shoot his young master. His hands were shaking, and he didn't dare place his finger on the trigger as he might accidentally shoot.

"I think it will be better if you leave it all to the young master." His friend, the driver persuaded. The third person who had been sharing the back seat with the young master was cowering inside the car. The battle was so intense that he feared for the young master, but he also had a faint wish...for the young master to die.

'I need to watch out for the laser guns.' The man thought before putting his other hand behind himself, withdrawing another dagger. Monki paled more, thinking that he was the target. He was under a lot of pressure with the guy only using a single hand, so what would happen if he added another?

1