Chapter 181 Fission Explosion
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RB Chapter 181 Fission Explosion

Within the darkness, someone was boring holes through a thick amalgam of vines, descending down with the fastest speed he could muster. Water was being released with each hole he made through the vines, adding more to the already existing volume. The vines at this depth had been woven so thick that, the water couldn't seep through them to the outside.

Eric was essentially swimming his way downwards, opening up new space for the water to truckle through, but also increasing it in the process.

'The water pressure is starting to get unbearable.' He observed. He could feel the water pressing into his skin, wanting to break into his body. It wasn't a very good feeling as it also hampered his movement big time!

'I bet some people might be panicking, thinking that I have been captured. I hope they don't do anything reckless.' He already had an image as which ones would cause a ruckus.

His palm, coated in thick electricity touched a vine, causing it to burn up and explode, a hole appearing through it, the black scales coating his body acting as insulation against the super-heated water. When he broke through, something entered his vision, causing him to forcefully halt his momentum.

It was a vine, but this wasn't like the other vines. It had scale like striations on its surface and for some reason it glinted in the light cast by the electrical arcs surrounding his form, giving

'What is this? Is it the main body? No...I am still far from the bottom. There is no way the main body would be able to make it this way high up, or could it?" He wondered, his fingers resting in his chin. This vine was probably thicker than all the vines around. He couldn't see its entirety as it was shrouded by the others only giving him a glimpse of its massive girth.

'Well...its blocking the way so there is no way around it.' He thought. The electrical arcs which had been coating his right palm concentrated until they became a bluish aura of plasma, an effect he achieved through the combination of absolute cellular control granted by his brain waves and the spectrum eyes.

'Let's try cutting through it.' The water surrounding the palm became so heated that it started boiling. The water alone was taking away too much of the energy in the plasma, so to maintain it, he was consuming a lot of his bodily energy.

As he plunged his hand downwards, a sense of danger took hold of his mind causing him to hurriedly retreat. He even cancelled his control over the plasma, causing it to fizz out. Instead, thick electrical arcs started coursing around his body, wrapping it up as if preparing to defend against something.

Eric's heart was palpitating in his chest. So far he hadn't yet sensed anything abnormal, but he knew not to doubt his instincts. They were the ones which had allowed him to survive in this cruel world for this long after all.

His violet pupils peered under him as he righted his body to face upwards. His eyes, the black scales and the blue slithering electrical snakes made him appear as if he were a god looking down upon something.

As he focused on the weird vine stem with the snake scale striations, two protrusions started growing out of it. Using the thin lighting created from the electricity flashing across his entire body, he managed to see that the two protrusions also had the snake scale marks. He became even more cautious since the danger had spiked the moment the two protrusions started growing out. They grew out slowly at first, causing him to wonder what the increasingly dangerous sensation he was feeling was coming from. 

'What are those two protrusions? Why is my heart palpitating?' Eric's violet eyes flashed. He released his domain around himself, sensing the ions in the water around himself, caused by the electricity around him.

'I will wait and see what comes.'

A few seconds later, his eyes widened abruptly as he forcefully slapped at the water, creating a violent reaction which pushed him away in the opposite direction. Two long green shoots passed through the place he had just been in, silently, like spectres. If he hadn't been monitoring them with his eyes and had trusted his other senses, then he might have died! They had been so fast that his heart had almost leaped out of his chest! The vines didn't even show show any trace of friction with the water! Water simply parted to the side as if a sharp blade was cutting through it!

'Shit!' In his frustration and embarrassment at being ambushed, he released a heavy dose of electricity, forcefully making it branch out towards the two shoots instead of spreading in the surrounding liquid. His domain had enabled it.

Zzzzzzzzt!

Bubbles appeared as the water boiled in the electricity's path until finally, it made contact with the vines. After the attack, he waited for the bubbles and churning water to settle so that he could look at his handiwork.

'Hmph! Let's see whether you are that tough!' He scoffed in his mind. As the water cleared, the scene that entered his eyes caused them to widen abruptly! The vines were unscathed, still standing tall as if he had never attacked at all!

'What is this? Could it be that the vines have been studying my attacks! Hey! That's unfair! Plants aren't supposed to be immune to electricity!' He howled in his mind, but that still didn't push away the unbelievable scene in his eyes.

'So, the plant has always been analysing my power. Since it doesn't have any visual senses, it must have been through destruction by the electricity. The scale striations must be a thin coating, preventing the conducting of electricity. The vine must also be tough enough to resist the boiling heat of the plasma. Though, I don't thick its that its can resist the hot temperature for long.' He calmed down and analysed the situation. There were some char marks on the two shoots which were falling off in his vision.

'Its regeneration is also equal to the other vines. This is now its tuff. Should I continue downwards?' He had an impulse to look below but stymied it. These two shoots were dangerous. His eyes should always be on them.

Shew!

They turned after healing and elongated in his general direction like whips. Eric reacted at the fastest speed he could muster, slapping at the water with his feet or hands, adjusting his position through the counter force created by his movement. He dodged left and right, up and down, sometimes, he failed to do it in time causing the shoots to destroy some of his scales coating his SYMOR.

A few minutes later, Eric was in a sorry state, shattered scales exposing multiple wounds which were turning the surrounding water crimson. The reason was mostly due to the unfavourable terrain. He was underwater, a domain not in favor of his true abilities. Even though he had the eel genes, he hadn't produced any fins as they would make it cumbersome for him when in combat.

'I need to rise up. I can't continue going down with these two in the way. These are just the small ones. If that large were to produce more, I will most definetly die if I don't go all out!' He concluded. It was all done in a split second, after which he kicked at the water, moving his hands to push himself upwards. As he rose, he still kept an eye on the two shoots. He had wished that they would stay behind, but that didn't happen. They started growing, chasing after him with such speed that he was far slower than them.

'If I don't do anything I am going to die!' He thought.

'...its dangerous, but will be the only way!' An idea came up. He didn't hesitate and coated his legs in electricity. This time he increased the energy he channelled to the electrocytes, increasing their vibrations against each other, causing a large amount of electricity to be released, the light so bright, that it lit up the surroundings, chasing away the darkness.

'This isn't enough! I need more plasma with temperature high enough to split the hydrogen from the oxygen!' He bit into his lips, channeling over two thirds of his energy. The heat was so high that his legs alone shrivelled up. The pain was son such, that he wanted to cry out, and that's what he did. His mouth opened, releasing a soundless scream which caused ripples to appear near his mouth.

Booooom!

Like dynamite, an explosion happened. It was so powerful that it pushed everything away! His plasma had gotten to the temperature where it had managed to forcefully perform a nuclear fission, separating the hydrogen and oxygen atoms in the water surrounding his feet, after which, the two gases, with their volatile nature, ignited at the smallest spark, causing the explosion.

Eric felt as if his insides had been scrounged around with the moment the gases exploded. His legs were blown off as the sacrifice of power that shouldn't have been able to be used at the current stage. The force pushed him upwards, destroying every vine in the way. For a split second he became thankful that these vines weren't tough, because the way his body pushed through them was truly too brutal! The force had been powerful enough to throw him up with the force of a bullet. For every vine that he passed through, splinters were left in his wake!

Eric tried very hard to hold onto his consciousness but, it faded in and out, awakening and slipping out with an interval of a few seconds.

"Eric! Are you okay? What was that explosion?" When his consciousness stabilised, he heard that familiar voice. It was Leah, her voice was tinged with worry. Eric was bloodied, his legs missing under his thighs, skin charred, with his SYMOR having bonded with the burnt skin. Everywhere was practically paining. He was only holding on through sheer will.

"I am okay." He answered. The water had been left behind at some point. He was now embedded into multiple vines, the force of his momentum having been forcefully stopped. He didn't even have an idea how high up he was now.

"How can you be okay? Your tracker moved at unbelievable speeds after the explosion! The force must have hurled you. Don't dare lie to me! Are you injured?" She asked. Her sharp mind brought a bitter smile onto his face.

'She's too clever.' He thought.

"Contact the others. Tell them to jump off the vines in five minutes. Use any means necessary!" Eric said before removing the earpiece and crushing it.

'Now, I need to recover a bit. Those two shoots will probably follow the trail. I need to hurry.' He thought.

A plan on how to take down the vine had been in his mind ever since he had caught a glimpse of the clouds during that time that he had been pushed upwards by the vines. The problem had been that it had been too dangerous, so he had temporarily shelved it. He would survive, but the others might die. He had shelved it, but now it seemed to be the only one left.

-----

Everything in this world has repercussions, repercussions you may not be able to see as the the person who caused them. Take for example, the explosion! What Eric didn't manage to see was that his explosion had even destroyed a large part of the vines, its force even ripping up the vines on the outside of the building!

Three drones had been in the middle of rising upwards, the people who had been watching through their cameras had already been shocked endlessly the the large pillar of dark green vines which had replaced the skyscraper.

Cleo had been tapping the desk with her right index finger, barely masking her shock. This plant organism had far surpassed her and the other's expectations. This lifeform's threat level had reached the spectrum level in her mind. Right now she was worried. She was worried that her laid back attitude before had doomed the people who had been in the building.

The cameras were showing dark green vines, having a few leaves growing out of them, the occasional lightning strike emphasizing their colors. 

The vines at the bottom of the building were as wide as trees, thinning the higher they grew.

"Is this really only one plant?" Someone couldn't hold in their shock, asking that question. 

"Yes...even I am surprised! Such a lifeform shouldn't be capable of exisying!" One of the scientists affirmed. 

"It looks like we misjudged. It probably needs a spectrum warrior to take down?" Someone phrased that as a question. It was knew of those who had been invited to the headquarters for a strategy, one of the city lords.

1