Chapter 184 Musings
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

           RB Chapter 184 Musings

'All the plans just went out the window, I need to come up with new ones, but first, I must get a spectrum warrior on my side.' Elder Muti ruminated the moment the potbellied man was dragged out of his office.

'Depending on others was ultimately not the right plan. It seems like I will have to take action myself. But for now they are very popular...I need to play the long game.' The elder thought. His face contained a grim look further emphasizing the wrinkles that came with the age. The frown came from the fact that one of those brats had broken through to become a spectrum warrior and...he hadn't known!

Tap! Tap!

"Come in!" He smoothened out his brows the moment he heard knocks on the door. He already knew who it was.

The woman entered her face was like a glacier, her facial expression only changing minutely. The room's brightness came from one lone window which wasn't facing her at the moment.

"Bunyogovu, what do you think of this situation?" He asked with a tap on the table. He wanted to know of her opinion. She was one of the few that could come up with ideas to his conundrums.

"If you are talking about the failed plan of this idiot I just carted out, then it was good. They just lucked out. The assassin was a very nice touch but luck simply wasn't on their side." Bunyogovu answered while her heels made sound as she made her way back to her rightful place, behind the elder.

Elder Muti resisted the urge to shake his head. The woman was very loyal. Most times it was endearing, but sometimes it went too far, like now, even when he wanted to have a conversation with her, she moved to stand behind him to the side as if he needed protection.

"I wasn't asking about them. They have failed, that's all I need to know. What I am asking about is how I should go about making my next move?" He clarified.

"Right now we have unreliable data about them. We need to find out how many have become spectrum warriors so that we aren't caught off guard ever again. Though, with the current situation, we will have plenty of time for that as we lack the means to strike at a spectrum warrior. We could set up a trap like those idiots tried to, but it won't work...so we will need to collect information while biding our time." Bunyogovu spoke a lot in one breath.

"Mmmmm...it looks like we will have no choice but to with that." The elder stood up and made for the exit. Right now they were having a situation on their hands. The video of the battle with the vines had circulated, causing the theater of operations to become hectic. He needed to be there to handle everything. He felt Bunyogovu step in behind himself as he made for the door.

'One of the brats has even managed to achieve fame...could that woman have already known about his advancement? If she hadn't, that would be absurd, considering her connections.' The image of a short haired woman who had threatened him earlier appeared in his mind for a brief moment.

-----

Days passed after that incident until they accumulated into weeks. A new month came by, the month of February. Today was the 14th of February, 2200.

The time was morning, the late morning when the time was about to reach noon. The sun was shining brightly with not a cloud within miles of the vision of the monkey standing atop a very tall and wide tree. The monkey had bright yellow fur and it was standing on a branch with a posture reminiscent of humans. The foliage above was blocking the sun's rage, not that the monkey minded that little bit of rise in temperature.

It was gazing at an area far from the tree where a battle was raging. This place used to have undergrowth, bit it had all been trampled into nothingness, exposing the soil, and now even said soil, was being trampled upon, causing clouds of dust to ruse up by the minute.

Many beasts with very different evolutionary traits were coming from behind the monkey's back and charging into the large ants which were forming a blockade. The battle was brutal, the ants spraying sticky or corrosive liquid killing the beasts before they even got to them. Those which managed to were the tough ones capable of going toe to toe with the ants.

'These beasts don't have any idea of the word strategy, simply charging ahead like headless flies...no wonder they are losing. Though, I too, am a beast...' The yellow furred monkey felt an urge to chuckle at the irony as it beheld its brethren being slaughtered like chicken. 

It didn't care. The animal kingdom was one where strength reigned supreme as opposed to the overly emotional human beings. Even if the beasts being slaughtered were its kin, the monkey wouldn't care at all.

'So, this will be our first operation. Though, I wonder how our operation will manage to affect the war. According to those devices of the humans, they are waging war in multiple places, this is just a minor one. I wish we could have found a way to contact our fellow brethren who are far off.' The monkey's fur danced in the breeze as one of its limbs held onto the tree stem.

'The humans are clever...making sure to prepare three defensive lines. The first is composed of the disposable ants, the second is composed of their sophisticated machines and the the third us composed of them. If am not mistaken, these ones seem to have greater strength, could it be that energy channelling?' The yellow furred monkey stroked its chin in thought. There was a cacophony of sounds in the air, most from the beasts, but it tuned them out and focused on its thoughts.

'Humans, do we truly need to fall out with them? Couldn't we simply ally with them? They have something we don't have...knowledge. If we integrate some of their knowledge, we could advance by years! That white fellow is too fixated on wiping them out even knowing that they have weapons capable of killing us instantly...look at those light beams those machines are releasing!'

'We are still too weak...too primitive! That guy us just crazy. If he had suggested about first getting into contact with other beasts at our level, then we would have a chance of fighting back, but now...too bab I can't ignore his orders for now. His powers have reached the point of being unfathomable...its like he's figuring out new abilities every day.' The monkey raised its eyes as if trying to glean into the leaves to stare into the tree top. That was where there self appointed leader was. They were about to make their first appearance to the humans. He hadn't given the order so the monkey was going to stay put here and wait. Some of the fellows were clearly impatient. The monkey could feel their volatile domains, giving it a glimpse into their emotional state.

'They are too impulsive. I hope none of those beams ever makes it into my domain. Only that white furred guy can bend the beams...even though he can only do it limitedly.' Its eyes narrowed as it stared at the various laser beams. The moment a laser was released, a hole appeared within a beast, or it was bisected into two. 

'We are going to need our domains more than ever.' The monkey resolved itself. It was better to die here than to be chased around by that white furred fellow for betrayal.

-----

A fur coat flapped in the wind. It was large enough to enclose its owner, protecting from the cold or wind, but right now, it was simply flapping in the wind. The sun was high up, bearing its might onto this massive plain, one of the few that existed. The owner of the coat was a white furred ape. A spear tip was peaking out behind its back...a white spear tip, formed from bone.

The apathetic red eyes were moving around the battlefield, mostly the one in front where the battle was raging. It was like a meat grinder, the soil soaked red with the blood of beasts and ants alike.

"Tch!" The owner of red eyes scoffed at seeing many of its brethren die without even managing to breach into the third defensive line where the humans were. Many beasts were dying yet the humans were having next to no casualties. It was infuriating! But the time for action hadn't yet arrived. It had said that they would strike directly at noon, and they would. Time was a concept that had to be followed. Though, its patience was wearing thin with each death. The redness in its pupils was becoming more prominent with the slaughter of its brethren causing the eyes to glow slightly. 

'Humans! Humans! Humans! These cowards! Why don't they give our brethren a fair battle! They rely on our genes to become string yet, they cower behind their technology! How insufferable!' Its clenched fists crackled with the sound of shifting bone. The furred fists were clenched so hard, that blood was seeping out of where the skin met nails.

'I am going to make sure I slaughter every last one of them!' The air around the white furred monkey distorted slightly at its fury.

'I hope these followers don't dissapoint me, mostly that idiotic yellow furred one. It thinks that I don't know of its cowardice...' A weird grin appeared on its face as it directed its gaze downwards. It couldn't see the yellow furred one, but it was sure he was there. It could have easily released its domain and scanned every one, but that would make it so that they would lose trust in it. The clash of domains shouldn't be taken lightly after all.

'A few minutes, in a few minutes I will show the world what absolute power can accomplish.' It waited. This time it decided to close its eyes as the stimulus from seeing its brethren dying might cause it to attack before the set time.

'Humans, beings given the gift of wisdom, yet they choose to do inhumane things to the animals. Polluting the environment with chemicals, driving us away from our habitats...they are a cancer that must be eliminated!'

-----

In between the area where the yellow furred and white furred monkeys were, there was distortion on one of the branches. It was transparent, as if nothing was there, but a closer look revealed that the light was somewhat distorted.

"Finally! We are going for a slaughter! This is one of those times I get to become legendary! We shall show those who are cowering what we beasts can do! Human blood human flesh human bone, everything making up a human is tasty! I finally get to eat after a while. Animal meat is too hard on the jaw, but humans, they are too fragile! No matter how strong they get, their bodies remain fragile and chewy! They are a heaven sent delectable snack!"

"I wonder if the boss has the same thoughts as me, simply putting on a facade of hating the humans? Well, it doesn't matter. As long as I get to slaughter humans, I will follow him. Now look at these disorganized idiots. Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! How could they not have figured out how to strategize after fighting for all this time? Could it be because they lack those who are highly evolved? So those energy channelling beasts became cowards, leaving these mindless ones to attack! How stupid! I shouldn't think about this too much, the boss will deal with them, I should simply think of how those few humans at the third line are going to taste." A smacking sound could be heard coming from the distortion. Only the boss knew of its true form, all the others had never managed to get a glimpse of it. Its domain was always activated in their presence, preventing them from finding out its true form. It was very mysterious and also the one with the most loyality to the white furred ape above, though its loyalty was only based around the fact that it gets to devour humans.

1