Chapter 187 Chloe’s Deployment
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 RB Chapter 187 Chloe's Deployment

Chloe sat there, her domain clashing with that of Eric at an interval of a few seconds. He must have been dreaming, she was almost 100% sure of that. There was no other way that his domain would flare and fluctuate otherwise.

'I wish you would wake up fast!' Chloe thought. She was also scared of the fact that he might wake up with brain damage or amnesia after recovery.

As she was silently seating there, a beep entered her ears coupled with the sound of a sliding door. Someone had arrived, probably Elena or Leah. This building and the recovery pod had been provided by the Black Diamond Group...specifically they were within its headquarters.

"How are you Chloe? I heard you were here wallowing in depression." The voice was familiar but no one of the two she had expected, so she moved her gaze to the person. It was a burly man dressed in a black suit which appeared to be a tight fit. His entire being radiated an aura of dependence and heaviness. 

"Mugumivu, now that's a surprise! Why are you here?" She asked without standing up or bothering with any politeness. It wasn't because she hated the man but because she wasn't in the mood for the niceties.

"It looks like this isn't a great time, but something urgent has come up and the woman herself has instructed for this information to reach you...taking on this task is risky and no one will blame you if you refuse." Mugumivu's opening words already had her puzzled.

"I am preventing this guy's domain from going out of control, I believe she already knows that, so why am I being presented with a task?" Chloe asked.

"Seven spectrum beasts attacked and one of them in particular was mentioned by Eric sometime ago..." Mugumivu presented her with a tablet with seven side by side images.

"Which one exactly?" She asked not in the mood to search her memories.

"The white furred ape..." Mugumivu said causing her eyes to stare at the particular image. The incomprehensive look in her eyes slowly gave way to one with realisation upon managing to get a glimpse of a spear tip at the back.

Zzzzzzzzzt!

Electricity crackled around her as her face shifted to one of rage for a split second before settling down to one of calmness, but the glint in her eyes said otherwise.

Mugumivu hadn't shifted away or gotten jumpy at the crackling electricity, he was someone whose ability to remain composed surpassed many by miles.

"So, seven spectrum beasts...I thought such a thing was impossible. Where are the other spectrum warriors?" She asked after calming down. Mugumivu, who was seated beside her sighed. She gathered the situation was probably complicated from that sigh.

"They aren't ready. Everyone is swamped with work so they can't be moved." He said upon her burning gaze.

"Are they crazy? I alone can't stop those beasts! She must have been of the thought that I will move because of that monkey... Which I will, but, how can they expect me to do it alone?" Her voice was raised to the point of causing loud echoes in the room.

'That motherfuckin monkey!' Chloe clenched her fists so tightly that they threatened to draw blood. Her mind went back to that memory when she had first seen the boy, he had seemed so lifeless, so scared even though he had tried to hide it. The pain from his unhealed scars must have been very excrutiating, but he had powered through that. More than once had she made a promise to herself to get revenge on the creature or person that had caused that. Now, she saw that image and understood...she didn't believe that it was a coincidence, no, her instincts were screaming at her that it was probably this monkey. Its eyes were filled with malice and hatred.

"This monkey appears to hate humans with a passion. The way it slaughtered the energy channellers at the front line gives even I shivers." Mugumivu clicked his tongue.

"What was the plan if I refuse to act?" She asked.

"I hear that the citylord would have used the higher tiers of the ants to perform guerilla tactics. Those high leveled ants which appeared when the city was destroyed." Mugumivu shrugged that answer.

"I will act." She answered with finality in her tone.

"Then who will handle his out of control domain?" Mugumivu pointed at the recovery chamber.

"I have someone in mind." Chloe answered, avoiding to drop any names.

"Okay! How long do you need to prepare?" He stood up with the intention to leave.

"Leah and Elena. The moment they come, I will be moving...also make sure that I am provided with enough ATP energy. I need a very large volume." She said as Mugumivu's first foot was out the door. She managed to catch his subtle nod in acknowledgement before the sliding door closed.

"I will get revenge for you." Chloe mumbled to herself as more electrical worms swarm around the surface of her skin. Her light blue eyes developed a cruel glint in their depths the longer she looked at the frozen image of the monkey. She ignored the others for the moment.

-----

"Chloe! Did you hear? The northwestern frontier was wiped out with no survivors!" Elena shouted the moment she made it inside the room, with Leah at her heels.

"I know." Chloe answered, raising her gaze to look into both their eyes, mostly those of Leah...she breathed in a sigh of relief...it looks like the girl hadn't yet noticed.

"I have been called upon to act. Leah, I will need you to keep watch over Eric while I am away." Chloe stood up, her body releasing crackling sounds. She had been seated in one posture for far too long."

"What? Even though my brain waves are increasing their power at a fast rate, I haven't yet managed to become a spectrum warrior." The girl shook her head like a rattle drum.

"You will just need to calm his domain and prevent it from destroying the recovery chamber." Chloe said.

"I will show you the process." She added.

"So, are their any of those elusive spectrum warriors joining this little quest of yours?" Elena asked with a grin. She was one of those who enjoyed the thrill of battle, too bad she was still a ways off from becoming a spectrum warrior or she would have come with.

"They will be there. I don't have all the information." She lied. If they knew they might pester her to stay, or they might want to come with, the latter would definitely be suggested by Elena. This was a risk, but she wanted that revenge. The monkey had to die!

"Make sure you create a legend! I wonder how long it will be before I get the chance to create mine?" Elena had envy thick in her voice.

"Don't worry, your time will come." Chloe comforted.

"I hope it doesn't take too long! I wouldn't want the war to end before mine is created." She said.

"Leah, come here." Chloe called the other girl who was directing a gaze of exasperation towards her friend. 

'Its good that she wasn't traumatised by his injuries.'

-----

"Hey! How can I just agree to this! It takes a very long time to raise up my babies!" A woman's voice rang through the situation room, attracting everyone within it. She was dressed in a green baggy looking jumpsuit. Her plain looking face was now spotting an expression of pure rage. Her hands were clenched and she was halting at elder Muti who seemed unfazed by her out burst.

"Kiwuka, you are being very disrespectful!" A berating voice came out of Bunyogovu who was standing at the elder's side. Her brows were wrinkled in displeasure.

"Shut Up! Bunyogovu! No one needs your opinion. These are spectrum beasts we are talking about! How can I allow my babies to simply go to their deaths? Do you know how many resources that I consume just to create those? Guerilla tactics? How long do you think they will be able to do that before they are caught up to and slaughtered?" Kiwuka breathed out very heavily after that shout.

Bunyogovu's brows had wrinkled even further but the elder had held up a hand to stop her from interrupting.

"Its just a backup move if the headquarters delay their help...I won't put those very useful trump cards out until the situation calls for it..." The elder started with the explanation. He was also not happy that so far there hadn't been a return on the message he had sent upwards.

"Hmpf! This is a problem that is way above us! I won't allow my babies to be sacrificed due to the federation's incompetence!" She shouted, her hands crossed in front of her tiny bust.

"...Kiwuka, would you rather allow them to attack the city if they decide to make their way here?" Elder Muti questioned, causing her to lack an answer and avert her gaze.

"You can always create new ants but you only have one life. If we lose all of this, we won't be able to rise again." The elder continued upon seeing that her mood was lightening.

'When are they going to contact me? The situation is almost spiralling!' The elder became panicked. There were already those who were starting to cause chaos within the city itself, trying to rib the others or even bringing harm.

Beep! 

The alert caused him to lose his composure for a moment as he hurriedly turned to look towards the patch on the back of his hand.

(Someone will stall. Offer them as much help as you can while we scramble a team together.) 

Upon seeing that message, the elder had the urge to curse someone. They just sent a freaking text message! He had thought that this warranted a face to face talk with the main theater. They were blatantly showing him the cold shoulder. It must have been that young woman, she was still dissatisfied with him.

'This is a very important thing! How can they just send a text message?'

Everyone nearby could see the floating text, but it was warped in their eyes. It was a method used to prevent snooping on other people's messages. It warped the light, only allowing the owner to interact with the hologram unless they allowed it.

"Someone is going to stall those beasts...they are putting a team together. Relay that message to everyone, also, crack down on all those that tried to cause chaos, make sure that they are taught a very painful lesson!" The elder's gaze hardened as he barked orders. Bunyogovu was the person he wanted to handle the situation.

"All of you! Get your act together! We are the lifeline here, so I don't want to see any more clumsiness!" Elder Multi shouted at the staff.

-----

The beast of a vehicle left behind trails of dust as it made its way to the nortern direction. The monkey and the beast horde had moved, but not heading towards the city, instead, they appeared to be clearing the front line. Chloe had her eyes trained out the window as the vehicle sped along the dirt road.

She was alone, except for the driver. The man appeared to be a soldier and someone with professionalism. He was someone who had only stared at her mounds for an instant, his expression remaining the same without any fluctuations.

Many men always liked to ogle her massive bust, but he appeared nonplussed, though he might be hiding his feral side, she didn't discount that possibility. 

Anticipation, fear, rage and excitement both mingled within her chest. She was going to try and get revenge for Eric, but her odds weren't that good. Seven spectrum beasts weren't something that she could simply take on by herself, but she wanted to try. She had been looking after Eric the past few weeks, but she hadn't slacked off. Her control over her spectrum domain had increased and she had even found the time to play with some of the unique frequencies. One of them was even interesting as it managed to lower the temperature to the point that even vapor could freeze!

Support on patreon to read three chapters ahead 

1