Chapter 195 Battle Starts!
30 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RB Chapter 195 Battle Starts!

Dusk, the time period between day and night in the evening with the sun just in the verge of sinking into the horizon, or having sunk, casting its orange rays into the clouds tainting them with its color which in turn caused the ground to become yellowy and beautiful. This was currently the case as three figures stood upon a hill.

Eric was standing with both Elena and Leah. Everything that had to be done was now done, and the inky thing to do now was to wait. The beasts were about to arrive in this place, just an hour or two out. They had travelled slowly, not rushing as many experts had predicted. They had thought that the white furred monkey would spur the beasts on so that they could attack the city before the humans reacted, but apparently that hadn't been the case.

"The sunset looks beautiful." Elena commented.

"Yeah...how I wish time would stop forever." Leah was the one who talked this time.

"Well...wishes are just that, wishes. They might never amount to anything." Eric said, but the two girls could pick out from the tone that an urge to sigh had been restrained.

"The battle is going to be gruesome. Even with the ants helping us, there are going to be many casualties." Leah was worried.

"That's what must happen. It can't be stopped unless someone unfathomably powerful appears who can wipe out the entire beast horde in a single attack." Elena said. 

"That is impossible since the person will have to have advanced to a level we haven't even reached." Leah shook her head.

"Do you believe that such a person exists in the other continents?" Eric asked.

"Nah! Every continent has spies from the others. If such a person exists, then the African federation would have at least notified us spectrum level warriors." Elena denied.

"Eric, you have been lost in plenty of research, have you found a way for someone to be able to advance beyond the spectrum warrior level?" Leah asked.

"...I haven't gotten any breakthrough so far. The one I have is simply too minor. I am also looking forward to it...what is the level that the evolved human body can reach? Leah, that talk sometime back about wanting to travel among the stars got me hooked. I want to know whether a human can evolve to the point of having the capability to travel to space with just their body." Eric smiled at Leah.

"Could such a thing really be possible?" Elena became skeptical.

"That's what we scientists are here for, to experiment with every plausible possibility. I believe its possible. There must be an alien race out there which has achieved it." Eric looked skywards as if his eyes could pierce through the sky layers to gaze at outer space.

"The beasts are here! Everyone! Take up positions!" Chloe's voice rang out through the camp minutes later. Night had fallen and the solar bulbs were lighting up the camp.

"She should have simply sent a message to everyone's patch. What's with all the yelling?" Eric grumbled. He had taken a short nap in a tent which had been assigned to him.

He had been in the middle of a pretty good dream when the shout had awoken him. Since he had been close to Chloe's command tent, the sound alone had shook him awake.

'What will come has come. I hope Elena and Leah don't die.' In this battle, both he and Chloe were going to be very busy being vigilant so that the seven spectrum beasts didn't take the army by surprise. This made it so that he wasn't going to have any time to monitor the two girls. If they got themselves in a pinch, he might lack the time to save them.

'That monkey. I wonder what expression it will make when it recognises me.' Though he thought like that, his fists were clenched. He still hadn't gotten over the trauma of its strength. This was going to be a physical and psychological battle for him. 

"I have to get revenge for them."

-----

Chloe was in the command tent issuing orders. The beast horde had reached a position where it was only thirty minutes out. Everything had already been prepared and everyone just had to rush to their assigned posts. 

Chloe walked out of the tent, passing over command to someone else. She made her way to the top of the innermost wall and gazed into the distance. Two more walls lied before her acting as the first line of defence before the inner wall. A black mass composed of ants was surrounding the third outer wall facing outwards. They were going to be the first to face the beast horde.

The entire camp was dark and silent except for the light that was being beamed down by the drones and lights. That's when sound started reaching their ears. At first it was faint but then it continuosly increased in volume. It was the sound of hooves beating down onto the ground. The beasts had finally reached a range at which the sound of their hooves could be heard from the camp.

The drones following the horde weren't releasing any light so no one was able to see the beasts, only hear them. Chloe couldn't see the nervousness in their faces but she knew that it was there. 

"It looks like they won't even slow down to rest." Eric's voice coming from her side caused her to feel some semblance of calm. Him just being by her side caused her to be soothed.

"Why is your military jacket simply donning your shoulders?" She asked with rising fury. Hers was very well buttoned around her form, but it could be seen that it was struggling to contain her massive bosom.

"The others aren't even wearing this cumbersome attire. There is no need to stick by the rules, besides, when the fighting starts, its just going to be destroyed." Eric said nonchalantly while the wind blew the coat backwards.

Chloe's rising anger dissipated at those words as she also saw that it was pointless.

"We have an advantage now that the beasts haven't rested. They  managed to feed on strugglers, but that doesn't take care of their fatigue." Eric tried to reassure her with logic.

"If I was working with an experienced bunch then it would have been an advantage...but for now, all we have is a motley crew. They will have to first survive this trial by blood. Taking on missions isn't the same as fighting in a war." 

"But we also lack such experience. The banana forest monkey battle was gruesome, but it wasn't a war." Eric said.

-----

After days of matching, they came upon the first obstacle in their paths. It was a fortress constructed with soil. There were lights everywhere...typical humans, even though many of them could see in the dark they still relied upon these technological tools.

'They are wasting the potential in their genes. Could it be that they have grown so used to comfort that they don't care about the genetic abilities in their bodies?' The white furred monkey thought as it gazed up the hill. It ignored the weakling ants just like it did with most of the beasts. They were only here to make up the numbers. The truly decisive battle was to be left to it and its minions.

'Could that female human who ambushed me be up there? Good thing she hadn't chosen to consume her life to take me on like that male had done. If she had...' The white furred monkey subconsciously raised its hand to touch its neck but ultimately let it drop to the side.

"We...will...attack!" This time it gave out the order, its voice spreading very far.

Dust rose as the vanguards, the herbivores started charging up the hill, their horns poised to pierce. It could see that the typical human behaviour of hiding behind wall cowardly hadn't diminished in the slightest. These ones had even raised three walls, could they be any more cowardly?

Crunch!

The beast charge met the hardened chitin of the ants causing some horns to break, or the armour of the ants to shatter.

As the charge stalled, the ants in the back started spitting out all sorts of liquids from venom to corrosive spit causing the herbivores to start taking in massive casualties.

The war had finally kicked off! The white furred monkey stayed in the back with the other six, simply watching as the non intelligent beasts attacked with no tactics to speak of. 

But, that didn't matter as the numbers had swelled to one hundred thousand by the time they had arrived. Even though these humans were many, for some reason the others stayed walled up behind the city. They were apparently not suited for combat, what a waste!

Its red eyes glimmered as the bodies of both the beasts and ants piled up.

'How many humans at my level are hiding there...no, it doesn't matter. No human is as strong as me. Even that woman only barely succeeded through an ambush.' The monkey smugly thought.

The yellow furred monkey stood at the side its eyes flickering. The white furred monkey had long noticed that this monkey appeared to have motives contrary to its goals, only because it hadn't exposed itself had it let it slide. But with this attack, the yellow furred monkey was bound to act, and that's what it was waiting for.

'I will teach you a very thorough lesson!' Its face took on cruelty as its facial mask.

-----

'What is the leader planning? This is a waste of manpower. Simply charging forward doesn't guarantee victory!' The yellow furred monkey lamented to itself. It had plenty of proposals on how they could siege this fortress but it didn't dare to show its wisdom as it feared the white furred monkey. It was pretty sure that the white furred monkey had already started to suspect it. If it acted out, it would instead be digging itself an early grave!

1