Chapter 205 Kiwuka’s Baby #2
34 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RB Chapter 205 Kiwuka's Baby #2

"The snake regenerated its head?!" Kiwuka's shocked voice rang out, her hands to her mouth.

"A very rare genetic ability has appeared...I wonder where that snake got it from...or could it be due to a mutation within its very own genes?" Elder Muti stroked his chin as he mumbled out such words. His eyes were glowing, this was a very rare gene, something desired by a multitude of people. After all, no one knew what the future held, what if a limb was lost?

"Too bad, now that this battle has drawn sufficient attention, there is no way we will get a piece of its flesh. Those powerful groups are going to be eyeing that snake once it dies." Bunyogovu said upon understanding the implications, a yearning in her eyes. The temptation was hard to resist even for her.

"Yes, those few powerful groups are going to try and bribe the spectrum warriors in order to get their hands on that corpse." Elder Muti said.

"I also have an interest in such an ability, a pity..." The elder clicked his tongue. The ability would synergise well with his genetic ability of being capable of producing plant cells. Elder Muti was a very rare person, most people who had tried or tried to merge the genetic material into their own mostly failed miserably. If he was weak, he would probably be in a laboratory somewhere being prodded by a mad genetic engineer.

"We could ask that bitch Chloe." Kiwuka said with distaste.

"There is no way that she would agree to such a deal." Bunyogovu refuted before the elder even spoke. Even though she was loyal to Elder Muti, even she had been unhappy with how they had abandoned Chloe. So she knew, there was no way that woman would want to help them after all that.

"Will your ant not be affected by the spectrum domain of the snake?" Elder Muti changed the subject. Even if they asked Chloe there was no way the Federation would allow it to fall into the hands of a medium city.

"I have been studying about the spectrum level ever since I heard rumors about it and have reached a certain conclusion...first, the ants have clear cut orders, even though they appear to have independent thought, they are like my drones, so they won't be affected...second, as long as you can maintain a sufficient distance away from the spectrum domain, you can launch long range attacks." Kiwuka surmised.

"Oh! Interesting insight. I never knew you had it in you..." Elder Muti praised.

"Elder! Could it be that all this time you were taking me as brainless?!" Kiwuka shouted out in disbelief, Bunyogovu holding a hand to her mouth, laughter dancing within her eyes.

"Cough...cough...I would never think that." The elder said.

"No no no, that cough alone was suspicious! How could it be?! Even you didn't have any faith in me?" Kiwuka's eyes teared up as if she was really going to cry.

"Calm down! Calm down!" The elder tried to pacify her.

"I also thought you were a brainless idiot." Bunyogovu directly rubbed salt into the wound.

"Bunyogovuuuuuuu! Let's fight it out! You and me, Mano-e-Mano!" Kiwuka shouted and tried to get to Bunyogovu, only for the elder to block the attempt.

"Bunyogovu, you shouldn't try to rile her up." The elder said in exasperation. He treated these two as his daughters so they weren't as reserved in front of him as his other surbodinates.

"That should be a species of hyena, right?" Someone's question stopped the trio's argument. It came from one of the staff who had been asking his colleague while staring at the giant screen on the wall.

The video feed was currently focusing on the last of the spectrum beasts, which was being captured by an aerial drone as it weaved between the other normal beasts.

"This one, who is going to stop it?" Elder Muti asked.

"The others are all occupied, so that will fall on Kiwuka's other preparations." Bunyogovu said. They temporarily put the matter before out of their minds, resuming their earlier solemn attitudes. Kiwuka, also didn't push more upon seeing that, instead keeping quiet and not saying anything more. She was still furious, so she saw fit not to talk.

"This beast is very cunning..." The elder commented when he saw it weaving inbetween the others.

"Why do you say so?" Bunyogovu asked curiously. Even Kiwuka's ears twitched.

"Simple, when the others were climbing the hill, they each slaughtered atleast five other beasts, but this one didn't touch the others, instead weaving in between the spaces left...this beast is trying to make itself inconspicuous." Elder Muti explained while stroking his chin.

"Its target must be the humans on the wall. It even deliberately slowed down so that the others would meet resistance first, clever!" Bunyogovu praised.

"Shit!" Kiwuka cursed as she saw the beast leap onto the wall, tearing off the head of a human in the process.

"Kiwuka! What are those others doing?" Elder Muti's face also drastically changed when he saw this scene. The hyena beast didn't stop there, it pounced onto the others, killing about seven, before it abruptly jumped off the wall.

"Wha!?" Before they could process why, something blurred from within the beast horde, its target the hyena spectrum beast!

-----

Within the beast horde, there was a relatively dark area, an area where the shadow of a beast was being cast. The beast casting the shadow was a large elephant creature which was climbing up the hill. It was still far from the wall, but it was making progress nontheless.

Within its shadow, under its belly, there was a creature, an ant to be precise. Its entire exoskeleton was black, not the shiny black, but the kind of black that absorbed all light. This ant had been under the belly of this elephant, moving in tandem with it ever since the beast horde appeared under the hill. What was interesting was that no other creature or person had noticed it. Those with high sensory senses hadn't noticed it because none had thought to look under the belly of the elephant.

This ant was different from the one that had severed the head of the snake spectrum beast. First, were its eyes which were overly huge, having black pupils surrounded with white, like those of a normal human. It had a triangular head, with two feelers above which were occasionally swaying about. Its gaze was focused onto the wall where a hyena spectrum beast was wrecking havoc.

Its gaze was piercing, showing that it was in a state of high concentration!

Under its neck, its torso was so bizarre that it was shocking how such a creation could come about!

Its body couldn't be viewed properly since it was hiding under a shadow, but those long arms were very conspicuous because they were even trailing along the ground as if it couldn't bear to lift them into the air.

"Target acquired! A clear shot has been found!" Its voice came out emotionless like that of a computer AI.

After those words, the right hand which had been dragging on the ground was dragged towards its back, bending at a strange angle where it even appeared at the left side. Something was abruptly created within its palm, something obscured by the darkness.

Sheeeeeeew! Boooom!

The hand, as if it had been a coiled spring was dragged back with such speed that the air exploded! When the creature had pulled back onto the arm, its body had lit up faintly, the veins within its body suffusing a faint orangish glow.

The thing which had been enclosed within the palm was released the moment the arm reached the most appropriate position.

Boom!

Another explosion was set off as the projectile instantaneously broke the sound barrier! Wherever it passed, a trail was left behind, and a shrill sound echoed through the night sky.

The velocity of the rock was alarming! But what surprised the figure hiding in the shadows was that the hyena managed to twist its body in midair such that the rock only managed to hit the right hind leg!

What was interesting though, was that even with its evolved body, the rock managed to leave behind a very large hole in its thigh, the bone located inside not even managing to slow down the projectile even one bit, splintering instantly!

Tsk!

A click sounded, packed with the raw emotion that was frustration. Such an outcome wasn't something that this ant wanted. It had wanted a headshot!

The orange that had been lighting up under its skin receded as a burst of steam burst out from in between the solid chitin plates covering its body. Only, its arms were covered in leathery skin due to the nature of its powers.

Raaaaaar!

The elephant beast that it had been hiding under roared in agitation. The aura of the ant had been converged before this, so it hadn't sensed it, but now that the ant had acted, the beast had managed to pick up on the threatening aura. 

Boom! Boom!

The ground cracked as it stomped around in place, trying to step on the powerful existence that had released that aura, dust rising up and obscuring the location.

Though, no matter how much it rampaged, the ant had already changed positions. It wasn't something which had been created with melee combat in mind. It was a long range fighter, an staying in an exposed position wasn't ideal, so it had already retreated further into the horde.

-----

"All three of my babies took a lot of work this time." Someone said, her voice female. It was filled with a sense of accomplishment.

"Kiwuka, that was one of those ants? I thought that someone among the two, Chloe and Eric had acted, or even maybe a distant energy channeller?" Bunyogovu asked curiously. This was one particular night where her cold facade had broken multiple times. Too bad, she and the elder were facing the large screen with the workstations behind them, or the staff would have been surprised by the myriad changes of her expression.

"Elder, did you manage to capture its movements?" She asked.

"No, it was too dark, and it was under that giant beast. But...I have to say, its impressive that you took my advice." Elder Muti praised Kiwuka.

"I pondered upon it and I understood. What was the point of wasting all my time creating cannon fodder? After this war, I am going to focus on creating elites like those ones." She said while gesturing with her chin towards the image showing the crab pincered ant, which was now battling the snake spectrum beast.

"Its hard work picking out the genes though..." She sighed.

"Hahhh! How can you say that? According to that one ant, you must have already ascended in your expertise with genetic engineering!? I could even say you have reached Godfrey Kizike's level!" Bunyogovu shouted.

"Godfrey Kizike? No no no, that man is in a league of his own. You shouldn't compare my crude methods to his." Kiwuka denied the praise. She knew her limits very well after all! Godfrey Kizike was an insane and crazy genetic engineer!

"After that battle he vanished...I wonder what he's plotting..." The elder's mumbles entered Bunyogovu's ears.

"That man is even more dangerous than a spectrum warrior, though, I bet he didn't know about such a level, now that it has been revealed, its probably occupying his time." Bunyogovu said.

"Yeah, good thing his enmity is mostly with those of the ten clans, so he won't bother us for now. Besides, he might even help us out a little...heheheh..." Kiwuka chuckled.

"Oh! How can he do that?" The elder's interest was piqued. Even Bunyogovu turned towards her.

"You see, I am pretty sure he wants the genes of that Eric boy...so, there is a very high chance that he's studying the videos of the boy, thinking up of a way to strike. We will just have to look out for such a moment, and then we might be able to take care of the two in one fell swoop." She clapped her hands, a smile on her face after the explanation.

"Hmmmm..." The elder entered deep though, his gaze unintentionally falling on a partition of the large screen showing a boy with electric snakes slithering across his entire body, engaging with a crimson eyed monkey.

The more he contemplated, the more a grin appeared and widened on his face. Bunyogovu saw all this as her attention was focused on the elder.

'Elder, I wonder what wonderful plan you have just cooked up.' That thought appeared in her mind. She had no personal enmity the ten clans, she was simply someone who was indebted to the elder and also took him as a father figure. Even if the man was a demon or an angel, she had resolved herself to follow beneath him loyally forever.

"Interesting...Kiwuka, this is a great thought. We might not even have to do anything." The elder nodded after some time, his eyes brightening. Bunyogovu felt him radiating an intense aura, like a previously turned off engine, reigniting. 

2