Chapter 209 Dawn
16 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

             RB Chapter 209 Dawn.

The night passed, as the lightening sky in the east signified its end. Just like all dawns, this morning was chilly, but also quiet.

A pair of legs dangled from the top of a brown fortress wall. They were covered with black scales which glinted from the blueing Sky's in the east.

As they dangled, they swung, hitting the wall with a particular rhythm. The owner of the legs was humming a tune, his head turned to the east, his blue eyes gazing far into the horizon.

He appeared relaxed, carefree even. His entire face was calm as his hair frayed with the gentle breeze.

"This is the first time I have seen this side of you ever since you arrived at this battlefield." A voice interrupted the pleasant quietness of the morning.

Pa!t Pat! Pat!

A pair of feet made such sounds as they increased in sound, their owner coming in his direction.

"Chloe, you just interrupted a very pleasant atmosphere." Eric sighed as he withdrew his gaze from the eastern horizon.

"Ah! Sorry sorry!" Chloe apologised profusely, more amused than genuine.

"What brings you here?" He asked, letting go of the previous topic.

"The reinforcements will arrive in 30 minutes." She said.

"Okay." Eric acknowledged without turning his head. His gaze had moved towards the northern direction, gazing at the camp of the beasts. Most were resting but he could see that there were patrols keeping watch.

"Say...Eric...will we win?" 

"We will." He answered with confidence. After engaging with the white furred monkey, he had let go of his previous terror of knowing that something stood far above himself. It was just another spectrum beast in his eyes now, not the terrifying existence he used to harbor deep in his mind.

That realisation had caused a very heavy burden to be lifted off his chest.

-----

Chloe's heart sped up as she looked at the sliver of a smile tugging at his lips. He was handsome, that she already knew, but at this moment she felt that his attractiveness had went up a few folds with that smile.

She had arranged everything before coming here. With nothing needing her attention, she moved to sit beside him, her feet also over the edge and swinging in tandem with his.

This was one of the few moments she was going to have him all to herself. Leah and Elena were still sleeping, the fatigue that they had accumulated the night before having taken its toll.

As her thoughts came upon the two, she remembered Eric's reaction upon seeing the two girls alive, especially Leah. He had given her a very powerful hug, lifting the petit girl off the ground and spinning her around. 

A pang of something settled in the pit of her stomach, but she willed it away, forcefully plastering a smile upon her face.

"This moment...its very beautiful." Eric's voice entered her ears. He had once again directed his gaze back towards the east.

She knew that the true reason he was sitting here was to guard against any spectrum beast that might want to mount a sneak attack. His spectrum domain was flaring, basically broadcasting that he was here.

"I don't see the beauty of it." Chloe aired out her honest thoughts.

"Well...too bad then." He only answered with that after which they sat in silence.

-----

About 10 minutes ago...

"This is a nice change of pace." Someone commented as he stepped off an aircraft. It was jet black and its design appeared to resonate with the word stealth.

The person had brown eyes which appeared black in the gloom of the brightening skies. His brown hair was long, trailing down his shoulders. A long brown beard graced his skin below the chin, his hand stroking it with a gentle touch.

He appeared to be in his twenties, an age where someone earned the right to call themselves a man. He was tall, suave and handsome, plus he gave off the air of a noble mixed in with a dash of wildness. He was the kind of person women would throw themselves at.

He was dressed to the nines in a white suit and pants which only served to elevate his looks to the next level.

"So, this is the city that boy originates from..."

'I gave him a couple of pointers when we met...I never would have known that our next meeting would be under such circumstances...'The Lightning Summoner', a fitting name.' He thought with grin of pride on his face. A feeling of having had a worthy student being birthed in his heart.

"So, you must be the citylord, right?" He refocused his eyes onto the welcoming party. The person standing in front of the others was an elderly looking man with black hair gelled and combed backwards to perfection. He was holding a cane, which was puzzling because he could see that the man was still very much healthy.

"You must be Mr. Michael Ibhubesi. I, on behalf of the citizens, welcome you to Kampala city." The elder offered his hand.

"Nice to meet you, now, where is the transport that's supposed to take me up north?" He asked as his gaze roamed around the area.

"Aren't you going to rest first? Its been a long journey after all." A woman's voice spoke. Michael turned his attention to her only to find that she was wearing a tracksuit, weird! Anyway, she wasn't beautiful, but she also wasn't exactly ugly. No, he wasn't someone who only judged people based on the exterior. It was just that he felt it weird that a woman came to such a formal occasion wearing something like that, and her gaze was simply too piercing! Those eyes...they held the same desire as many women that he had met before...the desire to possess him.

"We are in the middle of a war. I don't have time to laze around. Two of your spectrum warriors are holding back that tide of beasts, don't you feel any urgency?" His voice became colder, his ear piercing eyes causing the woman to avert her gaze in shame.

"She was only asking to be polite. We feel the urgency, just that...we didn't want to hurry you along." The elder citylord took the task of defending the woman.

"It doesn't matter...point me to the vehicle. Time is of the essence." Michael felt some disgust for this woman. Her expression had shown that it hadn't just been for appearances. 

'Are those two not welcomed by the city, or...is it just the same old political shenanigans?' He wondered while walking side by side with the elderly man, feeling an urge to rake his hand in the brown mass on top of his head...but he held it back.

"The others have long arrived and were just waiting for you." The elder said, causing Michael to be jolted from his thoughts.

"Oh! The federation was so secretive that they didn't even divulge the identities of the others to me. I am kinda getting excited..." His eyes lit up, the brown lighting up as if it had been ignited.

"Michael...I should have known it was going to be you." Someone exclaimed as they approached a vehicle plated black after making it out of the clearing.

"Mara, interesting." Those were the first words that came out of Michael's mouth upon seeing the woman leaning against the side of the vehicle.

She was tall, lean and had very long legs...Michael had always wanted to have them be his, but this woman was a feisty one.

She was wearing a black leathery body suit that outlined all her curves. The neck was left unbuttoned, the mountains of epic proportions struggling to spill out of the small space they were being confined into. She had a black hair, her face lighter in color than most dark skinned denizens of the continent. Big black eyes were staring into his, a wicked grin on her lips.

"Out of all the people in the world, they just had to choose you, huh." Michael smirked.

"I could say the same to you Michael. Why are you even here? I thought you didn't have as much experience as us veterans." She gestured towards the others, openly mocking him.

"Well...it must be because you have become an OLD lady, that's why I was chosen to make sure you don't STRAIN yourself." 

""Hahahahahahahahaha...""

That comeback caused everyone to laugh loudly while the woman's face darkened considerably.

"Mr. Citylord, I do believe your task is now done. We can find our way." Michael shooed the elderly man away.

"M-I-C-H-A-E-L! It seems like you haven't the slightest respect for your elders, should I call your father?" She threatened, her teeth grinding against each other.

"Hahahahaha..." A humorless laugh escaped Michael's lips. "Anyway, would you mind introducing these people to me?" He swiftly changed the conversation.

"We should all first enter the car. Time is money after all." A woman said her voice laced with impatience. Michael got the feeling that she must have been in the military just by looking at her posture.

"Okay!" Mara came over, putting her left hand over Michael's shoulder, squeezing him so much that he felt pain. He didn't complain and she didn't let go, dragging him along as she made her way to the back of the car.

2