Ch.0 – Prologue
331 10 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm not sure when but... At some point in my life i began to wish to be reborn "somewhere".

I don't have a clear picture in my mind, a village? Somewhere rural, somewhere filled with vegetation, a very lively place, a place where i can do whatever i want.

*Maybe i got bored with my life.

Single, depressed and with a really, really boring job

[Error, undefined object. Line 2021.]

"Ah, again?" I sighed while looking at the red letters on my screen.

*I thought a programmer had fun making games, but this?

I'm Meir Obaqui and I'll be 28 tomorrow, i graduated with decent grades from University, i always liked playing games, and the process of making them so i studied computer science, my dream was to become a gamer maker.

*Damm you past me!

Honestly, i didn't know that i would spend all my time fixing other people's code and debugging my whole time.

"I'll finish this at home" i said saving the file.

I'm allowed to work from home so I'll just finish this there, i focus better at home anyway.

"Hey Obaqui, coffee?" Offered my colleague.

"Nah, I'm going home."

I don't drink coffee that much, it doesn't really keep me alert, if i do it's only because of the taste and aroma, i prefer those sweet and tasty energy drinks, the chemical taste is appealing for me, truly an unpopular opinion.

"Ok, then, see you in Monday."

"Yeah." I responded, with no life in my voice.

I stashed my pc and hardrives in my backpack and left the building, i work on the sixth floor of a really big building from a pretty well known company.

"Hm... Maybe I'll walk."

I decided to walk home, it's not that late the sun is jut about to set, and my apartment is just around the block.

"Just a letter, hahaha" i laughed self- mockingly.

Just a capitalized letter on a character name completely messed up my day, programing is really stressful.

I arrived home.

Looking down i saw countless cans of a certain energy drink brand that dominates the market.

I pushed the cans away with my feet and proceeded to my room, i deposited my backpack on my bed and went to the bathroom.

"..."

Aftet releaving myself, i wondered if i should take a bath, but decided against it.

*Too tired.

I went back to my room and took my pc and a can of "energy juice".

*Ahh, I'll never get tired of this taste.

I turned on my pc and began to work.

The sound of my modified high quality mechanical keyboard could be heard throughout the room as i won several battles against misplaced commas, dots and such.

"Mm, im thirsty" i thought while taking some energy juice from my mini fridge.

"Delicious."

As soon as i finished that one, i took another one...

And another one, and another, and another.

Until i got a very painful headache.

"Maybe i should drink some water..." I thought, while rubbing my temples, i hadn't drank not even one cup of water since i arrived.

I walked to the living room where the fridge was, my steps resounded through the quiet and dim room as i walked lazily, not even making an effort to lift my feet. The sight of a man lazily dragging his feet in the middle of the night could make one laugh but i lived alone, so there's nothing to worry about.

I opened the fridge and... Suddenly the fridge began to grow taller.

"!?"

No, no, the fridge didn't grow taller, i just felt dizzy and unceremoniously fell to the floor

"Ouch." I'm quite tall so this hurt a lot.

My vision was hazy, iluminated by the light from the fridge, my eyes grew tired, no, they were already tired, i had bags under my eyes.

*I don't sleep in 3 days and I've been working non-stop, so this is expected.

*I'll just... Go to sleep, I'll... Finish things tomorrow.

*I'm really exhausted.

*Yeah, i. Should. Sleep.

*...

*...

I slowly closed my eyes while looking at the fridge.

"??"

For a moment, I thought that i saw people passing through the fridge.

 "Latira! Monaiwo!"

 and... voices?

*So tired I'm hallucinating huh?

*I'll just... sleep here... Too... Tired.

*...

*...

 *...

I got the unfamiliar feeling of impending doom.

*I...

I felt like... I would never get up again.

*Will i die?

Thinking about it, i didn't really pay attention to my health.

*I guess this is expected.

I decided to just wait my conscience to leave me.

*Not exactly a fulfilling life, but great childhood i had... I wish i could be a kid again, it was all so good and happy.

I think every adult at some point in their life fantasises about becoming a free and oblivious child again, the childhood is of course, extremely romanticized but everyone wishes it nonetheless.

Thinking about becoming a child again, the freedom, the happiness, the peace... 

Those were my last thoughts.

I felt something taking over my body, it felt good, my vision went black and the little strength that i had left was no more.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

All around me, there was only darkness.

But slowly it slowly got brighter, enough that i could see my surroundings...

"??"

All my surroundings.

"What's this?" I tried to say but... There was no sound coming from my mouth.

"Ahh."

I panicked, I could see everything around me... 360 vision and I can't speak, nor make any kind of sound.

"??"

I have no legs, arms, or anything.

*WHAT'S HAPPENING?

"Calm down, calm down." I thought.

This is too much information.

Let me recapitulate, i was home, i went to get some water, then i fell and... Died?

*This is?

*The Afterlife?

*Hm...

Looking around, or more like, just looking, since i could see everything without moving.

The first thing i noticed were the trees, giant thick trees towered over everything, they seemed to Pierce the sky.

"WOW."

There were wooden houses on those trees, and people coming out of them.

"Wha?" I was baffled.

They had wings, wings similar to those of a dragon fly...

And of course, they could fly.

"Where the heck am i?"

"Are those? No, those are fairies? Pixies?" I pondered.

I remember seeing something similar in a game i worked on.

Humanoid creatures with insectile wings.

Their beauty, dazzling, their clothes seemed to be magic, colorful as the flowers on the ground.

Such a beautiful sight, one could only doubt their eyes, this beauty could only be seen in dreams..

"Wow." Is all i could mutter, or try to mutter.

Then i remembered "oh right."

"It seems that i have no body."

I died right?

So...

This is my soul?

I cannot move or do anything other than think...

'I think therefore i am', right?

I exist but... Nevermind, I'll just stay here admiring the sight.

"Latira!" Someone shouted, a high pitched voice, a child?

Someone got close to me, a little girl.

"??" She seemed confused.

*Wait, is she looking at me?

She extended her hands and...

"!?" Grabbed me.

"Hello." She said smiling innocently.

"Amm, hello?" I tried to respond, but... There was no sound.

I still can't speak nor perform any type of action other than think.

"!!" She poked her finger at me.

"Hey, watch it!" Still no sound.

After a moment of just... Staring at me, she seemed to lose interest and let me go, i floated up a little and went back to my original position.

"Latiraa, mirali." Someone called.

The little girl ran away laughing as soon as she heard that voice.

Then i saw her back, she also had wings, they were similar to that of a butterfly, bright orange wings.

Following after her was a woman, she seemed to be in her Early 20s, she stopped close to me.

"Marila, sumani nu jarica." She muttered, smiling slightly.

She sighed then took flight, she seemed to be going after the little girl.

*Maybe they are siblings?

I watched as the girl took flight too, she clumsily flew away from the woman, but she was no mach for her siblings speed, she easily cought up and grabbed her.

The little girl laughed cutely as she was cought.

The woman just sighed.

I got the feeling this was a daily occurrence.

Then they left to one of the houses on the trees.

Paying attention to my surroundings, i saw several kids playing, others doing their business and others Just passing by.

There were also several floating balls of light throughout my field of vision.

Some were moving, some weren't.

Those who weren't didn't stay like that for long, some began moving and went somewhere, and others just disappeared... Faded into nothingness, that worried me for some unknown reason.

"Hm.."

I decided to stay put, not that i had any other choice.

After some time had passed, the sun began to set, and the moon rose.

I couldn't see the sunset, but the bright orange sky was enough of a sign for me to know that soon it will be nighttime.

I was at peace, couldn't do much, but still i was satisfied with my position.

At night, the winged people began to return to their houses, high up on the trees, and i noticed that their wings glow just a little in the dark.

*Cool.

Their houses were made of wood, they looked small from here, but I could still see them, my eyesight was never this good.

Some were built in the trees, some were suspended on the thick vines, and some had been built like a bird house, suspended on a slab of wood that was suported by tree branches.

*Faires huh?

Their houses had a very fantastic architecture, not that i know much about building houses but... Surely that is very hard to build.

Around me, the balls of light continued with their disappearing business.

Some had a very week glow, some were practically shining.

Below me, the floor was lit...

"By what?" I wondered, then i realized.

"I'm one of those light orbs?" I thought, flustered because, it took me a while to realize that, an embarrassing long while.

Thinking about it, it made sense. I wanted to facepalm but again, no arms nor hands.

Time passed, and i continued on the same exact spot... Just observing.

The balls continued with their things and then... I heard a voice, a female voice in my head.

<Condition satisfied. [Lesser Light Spirit] is now evolving into [Light Spirit].>

*Huh?

Then i noticed something...

<Restrictions have been lifted. Basic abilities acquired.> 

*I CAN MOVEEE!!!

10