Chapter 7 Ceremony?
253 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

       After an hour in the river, I was called by mom, as she stands up, the laundry was taken care of, and it was finally time to go home.

“Awww I guess this is good bye.” I said, with a tinge of sadness and reluctance. As I gave them a hug and was about to let go, when Irene hugs me tight.

“Uwah! Don’t go Aria, stay… Uwah! with us, l want *Uwah! to keep playing with you!” Irene protested, her voice is breaking, her lower lips quivers, tears keep flowing out from her eyes, her arms are trembling from trying to hug me tight.

“Aria, *sniff, please stay with us, *sniff, I want to keep playing with you.” Ollie chimes in, she holds one of my hand, her smile was gone, she frowns and tries to hold back her tears.

What am I supposed to do with them? Ah, how did I forget about this, I always see this in a slice of life manga. There was a clicking sounds in my head, as an idea came to me.

“How about this? You guys can come visit our home, if you like it.” I suggest to them, raising my index finger. Like a switch being turned on, their face switch back that of a happy kid.

“That’s great right! That’s mean we can see you again. Yahoo!” Irene shouts in joy, her usual energy returning back to her, she’s no longer crying now. That’s good.

“That’s right, why didn’t I think of that before, I could’ve suggest it…” Ollie, again has turned beet red, while mumbling things to herself.

“You two should ask for your parents permission first, you too Aria” Mom corrected us, as she walks closer to us, and looks at me in the eyes. I think I should apologize to her.

“Mom!” Before I can say anything else, Irene quickly run towards her mother.

“Mother!” Ollie, bolted as well.

“Mom… can they come to our home tomorrow, please!” I begged at her, and use my ultimate move, hugging her and nagging her, till she accepts or got angry at me, which the latter never happen before.

“Sure they can come to our home, if their parents agreed, just remember to ask for my permission next time ok?” Mom said with a sweet voice, as she caress my hair. Works like a glove.

“Yes we can go to your house, Aria!” The two returned and made the same announcement.

The next day, they arrived in the morning and when I heard the sounds of a knock. I bolted out from the bed, and rush out to the door. Leaving my sister confused.

Gosh what do I do? Mom’s on the market now, and dad is in the forest hunting again. No time to think, I ready myself, as I opened the door.

“Good morning, little Aria.” Ms. Jennifer greeted, while her mouth maintains a smile. She’s wearing a long gray tunic , that covers most her body. Her hair was tied in a ponytail, using a blue ribbon.

“Morning, kid.” Ms. Gabrielle greeted as well, with a simple wave and nod. She’s wearing a navy blue shirt dress. She also left her hair untied.

“Good morning! Aria! We’re here!” She greeted loudly, and makes a dash for it to hug me again and keeps rubbing her cheeks against mine. She’s wearing a brown tunic. Just look at that smile, it shines brightly. Easing some of my nervousness.

“Good morning, Aria.” Ollie, wave at me. Like her mother she’s wearing a mini version of her mother’s dress. She smiles sweetly at me, before she walks close to me and hugs me as well. Guess our problem at being shy at each other was gone. For me, It might be because she’s a child.

 “Good morning, everyone. Please come inside.” I greet back, and let them inside the house. All of them, are wearing beautiful clothes, and here I am wearing a pajamas made of wool. I

“Mom and dad are not here, mom went to the market and dad is hunting.” I explained in a nervous tone. “That’s ok, little Aria. Why don’t you children play in the room, while me and aunt Gabrielle wait here.” Ms. Jennifer suggested, as she takes a sit in one of the chairs in the dining room.

“Come on, let’s go Aria!” Irene quickly said. Her body jumps in joy , as she started pulling my right hand.

“Yeah, let’s go!” Ollie chimes in as well, she looks at me in the eyes and smile. She walk closer to me, and take my left hand as well.

“Awiiya? Who them?” I forgot that my sister is here and don’t know them yet.

“Char, this two here are my friends. Irene and Ollie.” I introduce them to char, while gently smiling at her. I let go of Ollie’s and Irene’s hand to walk closer to char, and hugs her.

“Irene, Ollie. This one here is my little

“Fwiiends? What’s fwiiends?” Asked char. In a overly cute manner, she raised her head to look at me, with those puppy eyes. I have to explain it in a very easy way. “Friends are someone you play with, have fun, and spend time together.” I explain to her, while caressing her hair. “That’s right, Aria!” Irene chimes in, while Ollie just nodded.

“Wah! No don’t go! Awiiya!” Suddenly she screams at me, and she quickly tighten the hug. Her voice starts to break, replaced by a sobbing mess. “It’s ok, Char. I’m not going anywhere, shhh it’s ok.” Did she think that I won’t play with her? Silly girl. I soothed her, as I wipe the tears from her face. “The four of us can even play together, isn’t that great news, more happy things will come.” As I continue to soothe her, Irene hugs us and declares, “let’s play together as well, Char.” Meanwhile Ollie just smiled and nodded to her.

When Char calms down, all of us start playing, from pillow fight to telling stories, it was very normal until, Ollie mentioned a different topic, one that piques my interests.

“Ummm… Aria you’re 5 years old by now right? Same as Irene.” Ollie suddenly asked and looked at me in the eyes. “Yeah why did you ask?” I stopped whatever I was doing, and looked at her as well.

“Well it’s about the ceremony, it’s nothing really, I was just asking.” Ollie said, while scratching the back of her head.

“The ceremony? What’s that?” I got curious by now and asked as her as well.

“Oh! I know that, when you reach the age 8. You take the ceremony from the church! My oldest brother said that, I will take the ceremony when I became 8!” Irene, interjects before Ollie can even explain anything.

“I see thank you, Irene. Oh you have siblings as well, Irene. How about you Ollie?” I asked  them, my face filled with curiosity.

“Ah I have four siblings, two brothers and two sisters.” Irene added in
.

“I have 2 little brothers.” Ollie said
.

Time flies by, my parents returned, they are just chatting with the mothers. And after 6 hours. Ollie and the rest have to go home now. Of course their was the usual scene of Irene making a mess, and Ollie this time is silent and seems to be in deep thought.

Ceremony, huh? I guess I’ll ask my parents about it.

11