Chapter 13 Finding a way in (2)
206 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walked towards the town, while staying close to the river. After some walking, I reached the paddy fields of a farm. So I walk slowly, I headed towards the barn.

 The barn was constructed using wood for the walls and thatch for the roof. The barn was open as it have no doors to speak of.
1

“There’s nothing here, that I can take, I thought I can find something useful here…hmm a pitchfork, maybe I can use this--- No shit! What was I thinking? I’m not like that…no I’m not a demon.” I was horrified by the idea it came into me, my hands quivered and I was gasping for air.

“But do I really have a choice? In this cruel world, I don’t really have a choice do I? If I want to live, I’ll have to trample the lives of the other, for my own selfish desire to live, I have to do this, there’s no choice for me.” I reasoned out to myself, nervously I tried to pick up the pitchfork, “Too heavy…right I am a child, sheesh.” For now thank you, at least I can still live innocently for now.

“There’s really nothing here. So guess that’s it, I have to go now. Wait I think I can use this bucket later.” I stepped out of the barn, and looked at the surroundings, not far from here was the farmer’s home, it was constructed almost similarly to my old home, except that this house was a bit wider. There’s still some light open, so that means, they’re still awake.

The sight of the house, resurface the memories I had when I was still pretending to be a child, the sight of Gilbert and Iris, as they play with me, laughing with me, the sight of Char, playing and begging me every night to tell her a story, while she pronounce my name wrong. I stand there completely still, while a single tear rolled down my cheeks.

“What’s the use of remembering it now? They won’t come back, No I can’t go back anymore.” I corrected myself. I walk again towards the house, as I get close, I realize there was clothes being hang dry, from a simple wooden stand.

Almost all the clothes were made for adults, except for one. It was the same size, the clothes I’m wearing now. Except this one is grey in color and is cleaner than the one I’m wearing. “I can use this as a way to hide my face.” So I took off the shirt only and scarfed it around the lower part of my face. Covering my nose and mouth. “Oh fuck it smells like dried sweat, shit. Just a little bit longer, I still need to do something.”

I went around the house until I reached the windows. The window was still open, so I placed down the bucket I’m carrying in. Then I took a peek to see what’s inside.

 Two middle aged person, one is a man, the other a woman. A little girl, the same height as me. They were all sitting in the dining room, laughing and eating. The man tells story to the child, while the child listens happily, the mother is smiling at the scene in front of her.

Why did I even look? No wait. I remember that in front of me, there was a knife holder. So I took a peek again and see that there really was a knife. Like a snake I quickly grabbed the knife, while they are having fun.

“What was that?” I heard the man said in confusion.

“Huh? What are you talking about?” The woman asked the man.

“The knife it’s gone!?” He exclaim, when he realized what happens. I quickly made a dash for it. Shit, gotta run faster than this.

I disappear again into the darkness, I looked back and realized he wasn’t really chasing me. So I stopped running and went back along the riverside. I reached for my face and pulled down the makeshift mask. “Finally, I thought I’ll die from the stink.”

I bring the knife close to my face and examine it. It’s length is around 7-8 inches. I’m not a walking ruler ok. It’s width is around 2 inches, the handle was made of wood. The blade is also in good condition, as there’s no rust or any chipped steel. “Not bad.”

After walking some time, the river split into two ways, one flows naturally into the open plains, the other was a man-made path for the water to flow through, the man-made path is connected through the town. So I kept walking forward.

I walked carefully towards the town, looking back and forth, to see if someone’s chasing me. It took 20 minutes until I reach the walls of the town. Under it a small duct, allows the water to flow in.

“B-I-N-G-Fucking-O. Just like how it works in the movies. Alright time to wet myself.” I grinned and went to the water, making my clothes wet. The water reached my neck, so I am almost submerged. “Damn…it’s so cold here, better make it quick.” I frowned.

The duct was small, but big enough for me to pass in without ducking. When I enter inside, the channel of water flows down into a man-made tunnel, so I walk towards the ledge and climb out of the water. “So they have some sort of waterworks I guess.” I didn’t really gave much care to it. And just shrug it off.

“Now where am I? This place looks like the residential district. Ollie…Irene…” I reminisce the past. My lips curls into a frown. As I remember another day, where I can’t go back.

“Damn it…just forget about it…what’s so hard about it?” I cursed myself. My eyes squinted in anger and sadness.

 Deep down I know. I know that I won’t forget about them. As the memories flashes through my eyes.

 I gazed through this dark and empty street, the houses that look like it’s haunted with not a single light to be seen. It’s like a ghost town.

This place sure has seen better days. I mocked them in my mind. Now this a problem. I forgot I don’t know anything about the geography of this town. Fuck I’m so stupid. 

10