Chapter 22 Leash
110 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What had I done? I know that I was pissed at them but, too think I’ll go that far…I…I…it’s like I’m becoming more savage and demonic.

The morals that I know crumbles the more I spend my time in this world...

Slowly I feel like loosing a part of myself! I said to myself that I’ll use weapons to protect myself!

But I…

I’m scared, if I keep walking this path , I might truly become a…

Nononono! I’m not like that…not like that!

“Alas you’ve bare your fangs and claws again…”

No you… why are you here!

I thought that this demon was just my nightmare, and also it only appears once in my sleep. I thought that it’s already gone.

The ever-changing whisper of woman and man as it’s speaks with me. It’s speak not through my ears but, from my mind.

 I must be crazy by now. No this is just my imagination. That’s right it’s just my imagination!

"Now that's really mean you shouldn't avoid me!"

Right I need to go back, I still have to finish my quest. I ignore it’s word and try to continue my daily life.

“Hey tell me did you like it when you hit those two?”

Irene! Ollie! Are those two ok?

“You like it don’t you? You could’ve let those two alone and do whatever they want but, NO...”

“YOU WANT TO TEACH THEM A LESSON AND SO YOU GAVE THEM A LESSON THEY WILL NEVER FORGET!" It’s whisper voice changed into a demonic growl.  

Shut up…

"I WAS MESMERIZED BY YOUR TEACHING METHODS, I WANT TO SEE YOU TEACH THIS WORLD A LESSON AS WELL!" It exclaim in joy, like an audience that was mesmerized by the performer’s talent. It keeps on praising me. Praising me for something I had done so horrible.

Shut up…

"I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOUR NEXT CLASS TEACHER! I WANT TO JOIN YOUR NEXT CLASS! COME ON LET ME TEACH THEM AS WELL! KIKIKIKIKI!" It gave me it’s one of most nightmarish offer. Yet I still try to shut the demon off.

Shut up…

“HOW ABOUT IT? YOU AND ME TOGETHER, LET’S HAVE SOME FUN SHALL WE!?” I can’t see it but, I know that the demon is grinning sinisterly at me. And I have finally reach my limits.

“SHUT UP!!!”

“Kyaa!”

I flail my arms around and scream in anger.

I stop screaming when I see who’s in front of me. It’s Irene lying on her knees, her left cheek has a tinge of red to it. She looks at me frightened and

Did I hit her? No no no no please not her as well! I don’t want to hurt her!

I try to stabilize my breathing, my ragged breathing won’t disappear because of the shock. Shock of what I did. My heartbeat keeps pounding hard.

“I…I didn’t mean to…” I slowly crawl to her and try to touch her cheeks.

“Irene!” Ollie screams in and hug Irene. She looks at me doubtfully. Afraid of what I might do to them.

“No…I won’t hurt you two!” I reasoned out to her, my voice was shaky because of my nervousness.

“It was an accident I swear!” I continue on, my hands are trembling already.

“What do you mean?” Ollie looks confuse for a moment.

“Her. I didn’t mean to hit her face.” I point my finger to Irene.

“Eh? The girl was the one who hit her.” Ollie explain to me. Relief wash over my face. As I realize it wasn’t me who hurt her. So it wasn’t me thank god! But to think that two bullied Irene. Guess it backfire tenfolds for them. But still I feel horrible for doing that. I think I scarred those two for the rest of their life.

That demon will it reappear again? I hope not.
If it reappears again I don't know what I will do

“Umm…thank you very much!” Irene cries out in joy. She looks really relieved as if a nightmare has passed away.

“Haa…this much is normal. You shouldn’t really let them have their way on you.” In the outside I may look like I was just shrugging her gratitude, but deep down I’m happy. I also warn her about the way she leads her life.

I want to jump and hug them. I miss these two so much! Yet the friend they miss is not me. It hurts lying to them, and lying to myself as well. Living a life that’s not me. They don’t really know me from the start.

“My name how did you know it? Back then you screamed “Ollie!” but I don’t know you.” Ollie inquires me, she begins to look at me doubtfully again. Luckily she’s not holding her sword.

“Oh! That your friend screamed your name back then.” I easily lie to her. Somehow with all the lies I spewed, I astonishingly get use to lying. Not really realizing what I said was true.

“I see…” She slowly lets her guard down.

“Umm…what’s your name?” Ollie sheepishly ask. I miss this shy part of her.

“My name is…Ares.” Now that I think about it, isn’t Ares a bit close to Aria?

“Ares…Ares…it sounds familiar.” Ollie mumbles but since I’m a bit close to her. I was able to hear it.

I have to switch the subject! “So who are those two? Why are they making fun of you?” I throw some questions at her, pulling her out of her thoughts.

“Irene says those two are her neighbors and they’re always bullying her. So I want to protect her…” She looks dejected when she said she wants to protect Irene. It’s not your fault, your still a kid.

“I’m sorry…” I can’t say anything else to her. I cast my gaze into the sky, unable to say anything else.

I look around and find the wooden sword. I pick the wooden sword up and bring it close to my face.

If I keep walking this path, I’m bound to hurt others again, just for the sake of my survival…that’s fine right? In this world that thinking is logical right?

I return my gaze at Ollie and Irene. Irene was still crying and hugging Ollie. While Ollie is looking at me with a curious face.

“Do you know how to use this sword?” I ask her. Why do I force myself to fight?

The words that I blurt out are different from the one in my mind.

“Not…that much, but I really wanted to be a knight when I grow up!” She shares her dream so passionately, her eyes filled with determination.

“Oh? Is there someone teaching you?” I could’ve let all of this go and kill myself. But I don’t want to die again. With this I finally made my choice.

“Eh? Yes my father is a knight so he teach me how to use it!” She looks surprised for a moment, before she quickly said her father's profession with pride.

No matter what challenge I’ll face through, I’ll force my way out, one way or another.

I took a deep breath, feeling the fresh air inside me and slowly exhale it. While I close my eyes for a second. I opened my eyes and look at Ollie.

“I want to become a knight as well!”

Finally exam's over and here's a chapter for all of you. I'm sorry it took so long.

7