Chapter 24 Knight
118 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I’m sorry…Aria is still sick…so keep on praying…so she will be able to play with you again…” Please don’t force yourself!

Move please! Why won’t you move! Move!

I break myself from the trance and runs again.

“I’m sorry for bumping into you miss! Come on you two let’s go!”

“Ehh! Wait for me!”

“Yes let’s go.”

“Off you three now.”

I smile weakly and stopped running. I look back at her.“I think she will be fine after all she’s a little genius.” I whisper to her. I know she won’t hear it but that’s okay. It also just mean that I’m doing fine.

“Ares…you really look just like my daughter.” She walks to me and pat my head.

I’m sorry...

“I’m sorry…” I mutter silently.

“Hmm? What did you say? Speak louder will you.”

“Your daughter will be fine that’s for sure!”

“Yes she is my daughter after all!”

“Now then off you three now.”

I nodded at her and run again following Ollie and Irene.

I didn’t think of anything after that, I just keep running and following the two.

Its not that long until we reach Ollie’s home.

Somehow this place gives me nostalgia as well.

Now come to think of it? I never met Ollie’s father when I last visited her.

I wonder what’s he like?

“This is our home! Let’s go inside, father is still here.”

“Ay! Ay! Let’s play sword!”

“Irene we don’t play with sword haa…”

I smile weakly at the sight of these two. And just follow them inside without saying anything.

“Welcome back Ollie! And Irene hahaha decides to play here as well! Oh? Who’s this kid.”

A well built blonde man with slick back hair and seems to be around his 30 or something welcomed us.

He’s voice is mellow and soft, seriously is this guy a knight? No I can’t be judgemental!

He’s wearing a white linen shirt and black cargo pants.

“Father! This is Ares our friend! Ares this is my father!” Ollie’s shy demeanor disappear in front of her father.

“Uncle Oliver!!! I miss you!” Irene run up and hug Oliver.

“By the heavens what happened to your face!?” When Oliver look closely at Irene, he saw the bruise in her cheeks.

Irene points at me. Eh eh! Oi! I didn’t do anything! I save you!

“You better prepare yourself brat! I won’t forgive anyone who hurts this little girl!” Are you sure your not her father!?

“Father! Stop Ares did nothing wrong! She save Irene and me from the bad kids!” Nice save Ollie!

“Ho!? You? Save them? Hmmm…your names Ares right?”

My cue! “Yes my name is Ares!”

I had to stand firmly here, else I might not make it. Where’s Gabrielle by the way?

“Well you have my thanks. So how did you do it?” Why am I getting interviewed?

“Well I borrow Ollie’s sword and then beat the crap out of the two!” I demonstrate it in the most childish way I can, but I kinda curse at the end.

“Ollie…why did you let someone else use your sword?” Oh shit I think he’s pissed!

“Father! I-“

“Ollie…that sword belongs to you and only you shall use it, if you let other use it, then you shouldn’t have wield them from the start.” Isn’t cruel for him to say that?

“Father! I’m sorry! I’ll do my best again!” Oh nevermind then.

He nods in approval, “Now start practicing already. You two will have to come back tomorrow, she won’t be able to play with you.”
And so she went to the dummy and started hitting it.

“Awww! But I want to play! *Gurghhh…” Irene pouts and flail her hands at Oliver. “Now now, let’s get you two back.”

“Wait sir Oliver!” I quickly shouted.

I point my hands at Ollie who’s been practicing the sword by now.

I braced myself, as I inhale a large amount of air and exhale it slowly.

“I want to be a knight as well!”

He raise his eyebrows on me, “You…want to be a knight? Why is that?”

A reason…what should I say? I don’t think he’ll like it, if I said that I want to protect myself.

I have no need for fame and honor, chivalry does not matter, I only want to live.

Then to protect someone…Judeau, Erica!

“To protect my siblings!” My answer didn’t surprised him that much and he just nodded at me.

“Other kids had said that as well you know.”

I nodded at him and let him continue.

“Yet all of them leave the moment they start to swing the sword for a day. What makes you different from them?”

Oh! I see… yeah what makes me different from them.

“I don’t know those kids. But I need to do this.” I shake my head.

“They said that as well.”
He shot my answer down.

You! Are we going to talk here all day!

“And I…have no parents so I will help my siblings!” The bitter words left my mouth, mix with lies and truth in it.

“You…I see, forgive me for doing this.” He looks at me with pity and sadness.

“Is that enough?”

“Hmm follow me. Irene you go upstairs and play with aunt Gabrielle first.”

“Ok bye bye uncle! Ares!” She wave us off and run upstairs. I smile and nodded at her.

“You follow me.”

Oliver then walk past into Ollie and continue walking until reaching the trapdoor in the farthest of the yard.

He opens it and went inside, of course I follow him as well.

The cellar or basement was dark, I can’t see anything much except for some barrels and chest around. The walls are made of stone and wooden beams are interlaced.

He went to one of the chest and crouch down. He then open the chest and he grabs it.

“Here this will fit you for now.”

He gave the wooden sword to me, it was a bit shorter compare to Ollie’s wooden sword, it has a small curve guard. No hilt. A bit thinner as well.

I grin menacingly unaware of it. “Now let’s preach justice.”

5