Chapter 1: the dungeon of hell
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ritsu Come with me now"

"okay"

 I followed Ayano leading to the 2nd floor and into a room its...really good actually...
the bedsheets are pure white and window to view the entire city...

"here it is the spare room it's yours for now."

"hey, Ayano.."

"hm?

"How did you get this many..well items and a nice view of a house.." 

"oh..it's because I worked as an adventurer on the local guild right now..it's mostly just me and a group of people exploring new dungeons with high rewards for it."

"ah, I see..well it is expected since you were born with magic than me..who is just tasked to guard a farmland with low pay.."

"Hey don't be like that ill tell you what ill let you get half of the rewards from my share so you can cheer you up Ritsu."

"R-Really? you don't have to Ayano I-I'm fine with my life" 

"aw c'mon what's with you now ill tell you what'll buy you some new equipment and leave it in your room."

"F-Fine" 

after that conversation she closes the door leaving me alone in the room she has offered me to be honest visiting her now is making me regret it I feel kind of embarrassed I struggle living alone with myself ever since both our parents died during a conflict between two kingdoms.

I bit my lip remembering my parents and how I and Ayano lived a good life before it happened. I try to calm myself down by looking out the window its already midnight...I decided to head out of the room to check Ayano downstairs. She isn't here..she must be on the market late at night..well I should probably cook for her since she did let me stay for the night...

After a few moments of thinking about what to cook for her, I decided I should just make her a balanced diet of cooked fish and some vegetables! by the looks of it, I did a great job cooking! I hope she eats it... 

well, I'm not hungry right now..so ill probably sleep for now. as I was about to head to the 2nd floor my eye catches the same scroll again the same logo is imprinted on it I just can't look away from it. I headed to the door to see if Ayano is coming. still no signs of her...maybe 
a little peek won't hurt. 

I opened the scroll and the first thing I see that is written on it is " Reno & Iris" and it shows the right a girl with a lance while the right is another girl but with a floating sword...Weird, I continue to read the scroll. 
                                                            

                                                                this summoning scroll is two uses only
                                                            two people must pick from the two beings 
                                                          for it to work you must imprint your blood 
                                                       for you to pick  you cannot change it once you
                                                have picked it is already done. they will only disappear
                                                      once you have died they will stick by your side
                                                                                            forever.

                       

huh...I wonder if Ayano bought this in case something goes wrong on every trip she goes on with her group...
there are two boxes written "reno" on the right box and "iris" on the left box on the scroll. well, then I think this is enough peeking around I guess ill head back to sleep I should close thi-

as soon as i was closing the scroll the door opens i quickly put it back on the table and  looked at the person who is
entering...it's ayano 

"hey Ritsu i bought some Equipment you might need"

she raises her right hand which has leather armor and a iron short sword. 

"how much did this cost..?"

"relax it was cheap except the sword it was only 20 gold on the market besides i can get more gold on the trip tommorow."

"alright..by the way ayano i made some food for you while you where away" 

"Really? Thanks! Ritsu"

she was happy when i said food i guess she was really hungry while buying those stuff for me..

"here"

she hands me the stuff she bought and went to the kitchen to eat what i cooked for her.

"aren't you gonna eat also?"

"No i ate on some shops when i was trying to find your house."

" oh alright then you should sleep since the trip might take awhile"

"okay"

i headed upstairs again and went to the room i was given. 
i put the short sword on the wall and put the clothes on the cabinet and went to sleep.

my dream was horrible... it was me on the floor lying bleeding with the scroll in my hand
and ayano was crying say My name over and over

i felt like this wasn't a dream but when i opened my eye's it was already morning and Ayano was knocking on the door.

"Ritsu Get dressed up we are going now!"

"Alright."

i quickly opened the cabinet and wore my leather boots and shirt and grabbed the short sword and headed out of the room.
asoon as i opened the door ayano is already dressed in black again. and her head gear is just googles. on her waist she has a dagger and the scroll strapped on her.

"come come let's  go!"

she runs down stairs and opens the door and runs through the neighborhood while i try to catch up to her barely 

"wait up!"

"you have to catch me!"

this continues until we reached the central part of the city where a statue and a fountain is placed she run's towards a group of people and joins in its probably the group that we both will accompany to the dungeon..

"hey! hey! ayano! your lively as ever!"

the blonde man says to ayano then looks at me

"and you are?"

"Ritsu." 

"ah i see your his Brother Right? She has been talking about it when we started our adventures"

"I see how many are there in the group?"

"it was supposed to be 10 but since you are here it's 11 but we are gonna split up since the newly found dungeon has 2 routes
so for now I will let u meet the group Ayano is with. I am Rohen Haynes this guy next to me is  Vaishnav Sokolov and finally Hugo watts."

I look at Vaishnav he has white hair and carries a bow. he must be the archer of the group, I glance at Hugo he has a staff with a robe on it
must be the healer...

"so you are the mage? I suppose Rohen?"

"oh no I use a shield"

"then who is the mage here?"

"that will be your sister."

"should've known what is her magic may I ask?"

"well its ice good for Vaishnav so he can hit some monsters more accurately with her freeze
but Ayano is a little rusty on magic"

"oh really? is it that hard to use magic?"

"Yes!"

Hugo interrupts  

"Sorry. But magic is hard to Handle For many People Maybe Ayano Also."

"how do you get magic anyway?"

"well, you need to be either born from it or have just some luck that u get it when u grow up."

"so Ayano got it when you were exploring?"

"yes. her first time using it was on a goblin camp she froze the chieftain's head by accident!"

the group laughs while Ayano smirks a little we were talking for a while until a butler came to us and announce our departure
"dear adventurers please go to the gate's outside the city and head into the wagons we are now departing Rohen and the. others follow the butler together with the other group I feel like this trip is going to be bad.

After a few minutes of walking, we arrived at 3 wagons 1 for each group and the others are camp supplies. then we headed out.
It took a few hrs but we arrived this place is full of trees and bushes no wonder this place wasn't found early.

"Alright boy's and girls come here"

a red-haired man with a great sword says gathering everyone to the entrance 

"We decided who to pick right? now we just need to decide who chooses the 1st or 2nd path. "

he grabs a coin from his pocket

"Hayne's group is tails if it land he can choose which to go"

he flips it and lands on heads 

"huh..alrighty then we will go to the 2nd path good luck you guys."

they head in the stone entrance before heading right and disappearing 
we followed suit and headed left it's dark in here.

"Hugo. light up the torch"

"Alright alright"

a few clicking noises follow until a bright orange light appears 

everyone's faces can be seen now and the path up ahead. 

a few moments of walking this long narrow path and we saw a couple of skeletons

they look like they haven't noticed us

"Ayano it's your job to take down that skeleton with a bow"

"alright Rohen"

Ayano Raises her hand and closes her eyes a cold mist can be felt suddenly an icicle is formed floating in place suddenly it shoots towards the skeleton with a bow hitting it right in the skull the other skeletons notice this and spotted us! 
they run towards us with their rusty spears and sword 

"stay back ill handle this"

I say as I step forward preparing myself for the clash.
4 charging towards me.

a skeleton tries to swing its rusty sword to my shoulder but I manage to block it in time and use my other hand to punch it in the ribs.
it falls to floor 3 left. I prepare myself as a skeleton with rusty spear charges in front of me I can't handle this one.

"Vaishnav!"

an arrow flies by me and. hits the skeleton on its eye sockets before falling down 
2 left.

"Ritsu ill take care of this"

"alright"

Rohen charges forward shield raised and smashes through both the skeletons making them break upon impact
he turns around and gives a small smile before he walks along the hallway soon we ended up in a larger chamber with a large symbol on the floor. surprisingly the same group enters with us at the same time 

"what the hell is this.."

a blue-haired boy says before accidentally stepping on the symbol 
The symbol glows for a few moments before a portal starts to appear moments later demonic entities start to appear I froze in place... I saw hell itself open to our world
one being steps out of the portal and instantly attacked the blue-haired boy... it killed him instantly 
"R-RUN"

Rohen shouts before running away from where we came.
"A-AYANO HURRY ILL HOLD THEM OFF!"

Rohen says before blocking a punch from a demon 

"SHIT SHIT SHIT! RUN RU-"

the man with red hair says before being cut in half 

"Ritsu! C-Come here"

Ayano says terrified and pulling out the scroll and drawing blood on her thumb marking it on the box "iris"

"H-Here Q-Quick"

i did the same as what Ayano did and marked the box that has the name "Reno" on it

it started to glow

"alright, Ayano let g-"

before I could say it I felt pain behind my back 

"g-guh!" 

I said before blood splatters on the floor...

"A-Ayano R-Run"

I said before Ayano ran towards me while behind her the scroll falls shining ever brightly 
am I seeing two human entities forming behind her..? i won't know as darkness fills my vision
as I see Ayano crying in front of me.

1