[V1] How Deer You!
236 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Next chapters might take a while. Who knows, maybe I'll do one at a time, or maybe I'll just release a bunch of chapters at the same time. But main reason for taking a while, classes. Whooooooo... anyway, enjoy the chapter.

Winter had finally passed and the people welcomed the spring winds. Farmers could be seen about doing many things from caring to their cattle to nourishing and fertilizing the land. They were beginning the steps to a busy new year as they knew they had to work hard for a decent pay.

The kingdoms were also busy as they prepared for the coming war with demons. The winter snow had held off the demon's invasion but as spring approached, the natural barrier between the two sides slowly disappeared. Once the roads were fully clear, the many kingdoms knew that war was here.

Yet, on Avalon, such news weren't a worry to the isolated island. Rather, much of the denizens worry came from the mood of their leaders... specifically, their hot tempered goddess.

"Come on, get a move on! What do you think this is? A picnic? Not on my watch! Up, up, raise those logs higher! That's it, keep going."

Like a drill instructor from hell, the goddess had been drilling the dryads into shape. From early morning exercises to full contact combat training in the afternoon. For the dryads, it was literal hell as their weary bodies took in her lessons. Yet, they never complained as they knew that the training the goddess gave them helped to strengthen and discipline the entire race.

They also learned how to serve Ferizia properly as attendants and maids of the temple. From cooking to cleaning, Arian aught them everything they needed to fully serve her daughter. She even taught them various political and war related topics to further hone their social interactions with the mortal realm. Needless to say, they were no longer the same race they were a month ago.

Ferizia stared down at the dryads and her mother. She was currently at the roof of the temple, enjoying the warm and cool spring breeze. The pink colored petals from the world tree danced around her, and gave her a surreal atmosphere like a goddess deep in her thought. It had been a couple of months since she's been here. She had learned and trained as hard as she could. She had even gone to Arian for lessons regarding politics... a subject she absolutely hated.

Now, she believed that she was a bit more capable as to ensure that she wouldn't make the same mistakes she did initially. Currently, she was simply relaxing as Arian stated she was ready for the next part of her training. That would mean going into the mortal realm and actually hunting for evil and malicious spirits.

Of course, they had to be careful as the mortal realm was now fully aware of their presence considering the many scouts that now patrol the outer areas of their forest. Hence, Arian had to prepare many things to ensure her daughter's safety. For one thing, hiding from the mortal realm would no longer do. Ferizia simply told her that rather than hiding, announcing her island as a legitimate nation may be a better choice.

Arian approved and prepared her entourage, those who would follow her in the mortal realm. The dryad made for excellent servants as they took both characteristics of being from both the spirit and mortal realm. Because of this, Arian had selected a hundred volunteers and had trained them relentlessly.

Ferizia looked at a familiar green haired girl.

She's training really hard huh, she thought as Lina ran along the forest perimeter carrying a metal log with three others. She then felt a bit restless and began to stand. She then jumped down and began to head to the forest. Of course, she didn't forget to tell her mother who simply hugged her and told her to stay safe.

Arian quickly began to run through the high energy forest. Just like the first day she got there, the forest was still very beautiful to the eyes. It was filled with life and color. Strangely enough, the forest seems to responding to Ferizia's very being as everywhere she stepped, veins would appear and give her a clean and easy path to walk through.

She was clearly being pampered by the island and she didn't waste it as she explored the island once more. Suddenly, she felt pressure from a certain direction. She instantly put her guard up and brought a metal rod which elongated into a staff. At the tip, a small glow appeared and instantly took shape of a curved blade.

A creature appeared from the bushes. It was the buck looking creature she had seen in her earlier days in the forest. It was beautiful and was the size of a large moose. Its antlers was mix of different shades of brown and blue. It had a thick coat, probably for the winter and its powerful legs seemed to create huge indention in the forest floor. Its black dark eyes, filled with life and intelligence, seemed to bore its way through Ferizia.

The two stared at one another, as if they were sizing each other up. The buck then stamped on the floor and snorted menacingly. It was clear to Ferizia what it was doing. It was challenging her. She brandished her weapon and got into a balanced stance. The buck then gave out a shout, then a snort. Ferizia couldn't help but feel that it was mocking her. She bit her lip, thinking on what the creature wanted from her. She then noticed that it was looking at her weapon.

It's mocking me.

An aggravating feeling welled from her heart at the thought that the creature was mocking her for her weapon. It grew even worse when the creature snorted in disdain, its eyes filled with mockery. It was a clear message to Ferizia.

Face me like a true warrior... not a coward who hides behind a piece of metal.

She instantly transformed into her wolf form and howled into the air. She then stared at the creature who now looked at her with approval almost as if it was saying,

Now we're talking! 

It once again stamped into the ground before charging at Ferizia. She responded in kind by dodging to the side while swiping with her claws. The creature tilted its head which fended off her claws and nearly impaled Ferizia in the stomach. She made some distance though the creature wasn't letting her.

It charged once again and whenever she tried to dodge, it would swipe at her with its antlers. It was frustrating for Ferizia as she constantly had to back away only to be attacked in a matter of seconds. She couldn't understand how the creature was able to move so fast. She wanted to make some distance so she could analyze the creature, but it wasn't willing to let up.

Ferizia was dancing to its tempo and the creature was fully aware of this. Suddenly, it gave out an ear piercing screech that overpowered Ferizia's senses. Ferizia felt disoriented as the world seemed to move around her. She then felt herself being hurled away and before she knew it, she had crashed into a tree and had fallen unconscious.

The creature then walked up to her. Oddly enough, it didn't do anything else but stare at Ferizia's limp body.

"Did you have to rough her up that hard?"

In a flash of light, Arian appeared besides Ferizia's sleeping body. If one were to look at her face, you could clearly see that she was not amused with the current state of her daughter. She checked her entire body, ensuring that her wounds weren't life threatening. She then let out a relieved breath as she focused on the perpetrator of her daughter's wounds. The creature merely huffed at her then snorted.

"... Training my ass!"

Arian then placed a finger on her lips and stared at Ferizia. Seeing her sleeping form, she relaxed, though her glare intensified on the creature who was very clearly smirking.

"You're lucky I'm not skinning you alive and hanging your hide to dry for a new coat."

Again, huffs and snorts were its reply which seemed to be understood by the goddess. She instantly turned red with fury, only to sigh with frustration.

"... you are so lucky that I need you for my daughter..."

To her words, the creature like snorted and began to laugh further annoying the goddess. Arian then stared at its horns and thought, You know... those would make nice centerpieces for a fireplace. As if it knew what she was thinking, the creature stopped laughing and backed away a bit.

Arian was confused at the sudden change of attitude, but she didn't bother with it as she had better things to do. She picked up Ferizia into her arms and began to make her way back to the temple, knowing full well that another round of explanation was going to be needed.

Why am I having such a tough time with subordinates in this world... ahhhhh...... I really need a vacation.........

Arian lamented in her heart as she trekked through the beautiful woods followed by the now submissive creature.

Get it? Cuz, a it has antlers like a deer... so, how deer you? Like... deer........ instead of dare...........like....... yeah....................... know what, Ima just kick myself out the door.

Gets yeeted out the window instead.

8