Chapter 4: In which our heroine learns her place…
387 0 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Najla!" said Taisiya, storming into the room. 

"Hi babe," said Najla, "I see you've learned about my collar settings."

She was sitting on the bed, a wooden tray with a teapot and cups placed on it.

"I'm going to fucking kill you!" Taisiya shouted.

"Please don't," said Moniker, from the robot who followed her. "That would mess up our duty rota a lot."

"And what good would it do?" said Najla. "Sit down, Taisiya, and have a cup of tea."

Taisiya wondered how hot the tea was, whether she could throw it. That would get her chucked off the ship in short order. As, thinking about it, would murdering Najla. 

She sighed and sat down.

"I'm so angry with you right now," said Taisiya. 

Najla poured her tea. "Yes, I know," she said. "But… Moniker, dear, do you have to loom like that?"

"The Captain ordered me to check that no violence occurred," said Moniker. 

"Well, firstly, you know as well as I that no violence will occur," said Najla, "And secondly, we all know your obedience to the Captain is a polite fiction."

"Well, my old boss, Princess Hyacinthe, is happily unavailable," said Moniker. The robot squeezed itself into Najla's chair. "Please continue."

"Right," said Najla, "So, Taisiya, I understand that you are angry…"

"Oh, you're so perceptive," said Taisiya, bitterly.

"But have you thought about why?"

"Why?" said Taisiya, half standing. "Why? Maybe because you blocked my ability to cum? Maybe because I was hammering away, but my cunt was out of order?"

"Cerulean," said Nadja, "You have your safeword. In fact you could say it right now. Say the word and Moniker will whisk you away to comfortable rooms, take the collar off you, and you can masturbate like a teenager who… I don't know… was thinking about how Vyria looked at her at science camp. That may just be me. But go on, say the word."

"No," said Taisiya, sitting down fully. The jewels, she thought, but she was no longer sure that was the only reason. "I don't want to. But don't think that lets you behave however you want."

"Okay, so the problem is: you were fucking someone you didn't know up the ass, having previously beaten her," said Nadja, "And you really wanted to cum?"

"It wasn't like that!" said Taisiya, "I mean, it kind of was, but I was just doing what I was ordered to. And Riin was fine."

"But you didn't get angry about that, did you?" said Najla. "You weren't even all that angry about the neural induction. Why?" 

Taisiya had been irritated about several things – most of the things, in fact – but Najla was right.

"I guess I just Iike orgasms," said Taisiya, "Bit of a shocker. Do you have any friends in the scientific community who can investigate this strange and unknown phenomenon?"

"Yes, but the collar doesn't really stop you from orgasming. Well, I mean, it does, but you just have to beg," said Najla, taking a swig of her tea.

I am not fucking begging, thought Taisiya, but she couldn't make herself say it.

"And you've got a problem with that, because it collapses your model of why you're here," said Najla. "You think you're a prisoner, and we're your jailers. Even though it is just a matter of a word for you to 'escape'. You obey, you go through the pain, you put up with the surveillance but, well, you're a prisoner, you're just doing what you need to survive. Because a part that you can't acknowledge, loves being here, but you have to pretend it's terrible."

Najla took another sip of tea. Taisiya picked up her mug.

"But begging for orgasms ruins that," said Najla, "For prisoners, orgasms are secondary. Who does terrible things for an orgasm? For food, yes, that makes sense, you can bow and scrape all you want, that's survival. But for an orgasm? Why would you bow to your jailers for that?"

Taisiya gulped her tea, looking at the liquid.

"Unless, of course, we're not jailers, you're not a prisoner," said Najla, "We both get something out of this, babe."

Taisiya stared into her mug.

"Believe me, I know," said Najla, "My first few weeks in the collar were awkward."

"You wore a collar?" asked Taisiya, looking up in surprise.

"Still do, when the Captain wants to discipline me," said Najla. "Remember, we start at the bottom."

"All of you?" asked Taisiya. 

"Well, I suppose not the Captain," admitted Najla, "And Moniker's a special case. But the rest of us. But after a certain point, you choose what fits you best."

"Nada doesn't wear a collar either?" said Taisiya. 

"Well, the Captain's slave would love a collar, but the Captain saves that for when she's been especially well-behaved," said Najla, "But the point is, being in the collar takes some getting used to."

"She used to delay everything with these long philosophical conversations," said Moniker, making Taisiya jump again. It was surprisingly easy to tune out a threatening robot if they didn't move or speak.

"Interesting," said Najla, "You forgot to say they were interesting, dear."

"Eventually," said Moniker, "Lieutenant Brigita got tired of dealing with Najla's excursions, and so passed her across to me. I'm good at finding people's limits, you see. Turns out she shuts up when exhausted enough."

"Essentially," admitted Najla, "Though the story doesn't mention what a delight I am. But, yes, people react weirdly to the collar. Perhaps after you've been here a while it will turn out it's not for you. But for now, you need to beg."

"You need me to beg," Taisiya said.

"No," said Najla, "I want you to beg, because I want you to orgasm. But you're the one who needs to admit that you get something from this."

Taisiya put her finished cup of tea back on the tray.

"Do you want an orgasm, Taisiya?" asked Najla. 

"Yes," said Taisiya. 

"Do you want me to give you an orgasm?" said Najla.

Taisiya paused. "Yes," she said.

"Do you understand that one of the things you've given away by not ceruleaning out of here, is the ability to decide when you have orgasms?" said Najla. 

"No, that's stupid!" said Taisiya. 

"Is it?" said Najla, "You've given up control. While you're wearing the collar, we will look after you. But you need to not be a prisoner. You need to be ours, babe."

Taisiya said nothing. She tried to think of the plan. This was a ruse, she thought. But she had to admit, her emotions were caught up in it now.

"Okay," she said, eventually. 

"You are ours?" asked Najla.

"Yes."

"Then ask," said Najla.

"You mean beg?" said Taisiya. 

"Sure," said Najla.

Taisiya paused. "Fuck… fuck me. Make me cum. Please."

"Okay," said Najla. If she had any qualms over the quality of the begging, she didn't mention it. Najla put the tea tray on the floor, patted the bed. "Lie back."

While Taisiya arranged herself on the bed, Najla got up and fetched a small pad. 

"But, babe, we're going to do this my way, understand?" said Najla.

Taisiya nodded. Najla bent over and kissed her on the mouth, a slow, intense kiss. Najla perched on the side of the bed.

"Which means more use of the collar's neural inducers. Not for pain, don't worry," said Najla. "But, as you know, some people still find it very disturbing."

"Najla," said Moniker. "Is this wise?"

"It's fine. You're scaring her. I'm not going to hurt her, and she knows that," said Najla. She did something on the pad. "Okay, Taisiya, try to wiggle your fingers on your right hand."

What the fuck? Taisiya tried to wriggle her fingers, but they sat there inert. She tried to move her entire right arm, but it was leaden, immobile. "Shit," she said. She tried again, lifting it a bare millimeter off the bed.

Najla touched the pad again, and movement flooded back into her arm.

"Are you okay?" asked Najla. "It's just blocking a certain set of nerves."

"We should check the coding," said Moniker, "She had slight movement in that arm, it might be that we're letting a few impulses through."

"I don't like it," said Taisiya. 

"In practice, you couldn't move in Moniker's restraints either," said Najla, "But this feels worse, because you don't have full control over your own muscles. Now, are you ready for some more, babe?"

"What happens if I say no?" asked Taisiya. 

"In this case, I'll be kind. I'll unblock you, and you can go back to your room for a wank," said Najla, "But I think you're braver than that."

"Okay, do it," said Taisiya. She didn't question why getting off without Najla being there was not enough. 

"Right, that's both arms," said Najla. "Just breathe normally, you're okay."

"Okay," said Taisiya. It was the same as being restrained, she thought, just without restraints. 

"Now just the legs," said Najla, "Spread them out first, babe."

Taisiya did, and they too were rendered immobile.

"Okay, babe?" asked Najla, looking at her pad.

Taisiya nodded.

"Good. You're unlocked," said Najla. "Normally this might be a great moment to tease you, but you've been through a lot today, so let's skip that. Moniker, robohorn?"

The robot stood up, and opened up its thigh compartment, removing the robohorn.

"Was that the same…" Taisiya began.

"The compartment has cleaning and antibacterial functionality," said Moniker, passing the robohorn over to Najla.

Najla placed the tip of the robohorn on Taisiya's outer lips. It started to vibrate, almost silently, though it felt intense enough to Taisiya. 

"Push it in," said Taisiya, too impatient for niceties.

Najla gave her a look. 

"Please," said Taisiya. 

Najla inserted the robohorn. Its base flared out and folded in, forming a soft probe that grazed her clit. Najla kept a hand on the short section of the robohorn, the other holding the pad.

"Taisiya, you are, again, very pleasant to be in," said Moniker, adjusting the size and angle of the robohorn. 

Very quickly, Taisiya's orgasm was upon her. She felt exposed; she couldn't move her hands to her face, or even arch much. She was just spread-eagled like an experimental subject. Najla's eyes were flicking between Taisiya's face and the computer pad. Moniker loomed over them, it's blank face somehow conveying a dispassionate arousal. The two holocameras had taken up positions near the ceiling, looking down. Yes, she felt exposed, she couldn't do anything about it, everyone would know she enjoyed this, was desperate for this. It felt wonderful. 

The orgasm blanked her thoughts for a few seconds. Well, she assumed it was only for a few seconds; a wave of pleasure, bright and urgent, had welled from her centre, and moved through her body like an earthquake. Still trembling, Taisiya came back to herself. The robohorn was still going.

"You've got several more in you," said Najla, gesturing at the pad, "Are you familiar with forced orgasms? I will keep a good eye on your pain levels."

Taisiya thought she'd forgotten how to speak, but managed an affirmative nod.

"I will keep an eye on the indicators," said Moniker to Najla, "I am more competent and less involved. Enjoy yourself."

"Babe, you trust Moniker don't you?" asked Najla. Taisiya nodded before orgasm overtook her again.

Nadja handed off the pad to Moniker (who put it aside) and reached her spare hand to Taisiya's breast. She massaged and manipulated while Taisiya approached her third orgasm.

She lost count of how many orgasms she'd had by the end. It all was a blur, a series of snapshots split up with the bright flashes of orgasm. Najla sucking on a nipple. Najla putting Taisiya's immobile but not insensate hand between her legs. Najla energetically masturbating while looking directly at her. But eventually the pain of stimulation overcame the pleasure of sensation, and Moniker called a halt. The robohorn slowed to a stop, and lubed itself out of Taisiya's tired pussy. Taisiya felt her limbs become mobile again, but felt too exhausted to move them.

Moniker gathered up the robohorn, and made its farewells. The holocameras exited when it did. Najla made Taisiya drink some water, and helped her to the loo. Back on the bed, Taisiya fell asleep. Najla woke her for a matter-printed meal, and they made out for a bit. 

Naturally, Taisiya found herself alert in the middle of the night, Najla lightly snoring beside her. She found herself looking around the room, at the twinkle of lights from the computer station. Najla never shutdown. She tried to remember the plan, whether she could use the computer for anything, but she had trouble thinking straight. And she wouldn't betray Najla.

*

Taisiya was awakened by Najla shaking her shoulder.

"Wha?" said Taisiya. 

"The Captain wants me on the bridge," said Najla.

"Okay," said Taisiya, snuggling down.

"Sorry, babe, you're still new," Najla said, "The Captain has strict instructions that you're not to be left alone in here. Sorry, you know I would. But I have access to engineering stuff."

Taisiya began to sit up. Maybe you should have thought of that before sleeping like a log. "What time is it?" she asked, with a yawn.

"About point eight night," said Najla, meaning nothing to Taisiya, "Why don't you go back to your room, babe, try and get some more sleep. I'll find you when I get out."

"Okay," Taisiya said, getting out of bed. Nadja was getting dressed, and flung her an oversized tee-shirt.

"You've earned that, babe," Najla said. It appeared to be promoting some bar or club, the pneumatic girl raising a glass. Taisiya scrambled into it; it reached down to mid-thigh.

When she got out into the corridor, she was surprised to see her holocameras were waiting. They picked themselves up off the floor, and flew excited-looking loops. "Hi pals," she said.

Najla shut the door, gave Taisiya a quick peck goodbye, and hurried off in the opposite direction. 

Taisiya turned and made her way to her room. Well, not just her room, she remembered, as she got to the doorway and found Riin in bed. Taisiya must have cut out light from the corridor, or maybe the quiet drone of the holocameras was to blame, because Riin peered at her for a moment. Then a sigh, and Riin rolled over against the wall, making room for Taisiya. 

"Thank you," Taisiya said, slipping in. There was no response. Taisiya fell asleep surprisingly quickly.

*

She awoke slowly, at first not really knowing why, until she realised that Riin was sobbing. Taisiya didn't really know what to do, but put a comforting hand on Riin's shoulder. Riin turned over, and mashed her bawling face into Taisiya's shoulder. Taisiya tentatively patted Riin's back.

Riin sobbed for a while, but gradually the sobs got further and further apart.

"I'm sorry," said Riin, voice muffled by Taisiya's shoulder. "For crying on you, I mean."

"No, it's fine," said Taisiya.

Riin cried some more.

"It was when I turned over and you were there," said Riin, "And just for a moment… I thought you were Ji-Eun."

Riin broke up in sobs again. Taisiya again patted her back.

"We were a couple, you know," said Riin, "I mean, non-exclusive, but we were constant."

Riin sniffled. "I don't suppose anyone's told you about her?"

"No," agreed Taisiya, "Other than mentioning her in passing."

"We just hung out on resort stations, and the pleasure ships that run between them," Riin said, "Fun. Boring. You know what life is like in the commonwealth. So when the Black Squid came along, especially with Brigita, we both volunteered."

Riin levered herself off Taisiya's shoulder, laying back.

"So, sorry," she said, "For an instant I thought she was back."

"I'm sorry."

Riin smiled wanly. "I'm sorry about being such a bitch to you, as well. I guess I didn't want them to replace her."

"I understand," said Taisiya. "And… er… I'm sorry about the things they made me do to you."

"Oh no," said Riin, "Beating my ass and then railing it? That was when I realised they've made the right choice with you."

Taisiya didn't know what to say, so changed the subject. "Hey, is it late? It seems like it’s late morning."

"I think so," said Riin. "Um, I'm surprised you're not in Naj's room."

"She had to go to the bridge," said Taisiya, "But she said she'd come and find me when she was done."

"Hmm," said Riin, "Want to grab some toast, and see the bridge?"

29