prologue 1
436 8 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I warn you beforehand but there is a lot and I mean a lot of POV changes here so be mindful when you reed

ho... and welcome to this story that I came up with during my travel to and from my institute...

 

3º person view in the sky

on a dark sky with surprisingly high cloud coverage

a single C-5 galaxy was flying over a certain ocean heading towards a certain seemingly desolated small island

shhhhhhhhhuuu   *C-5 galaxy coming in SFX *

 

ffffffhhhhhuuuuu * C-5 galaxy going past SFX*

Pilot: SKYwatch this is Broker, we are close to the island angels 28 bearing northeast, I am getting some interfering on radar. must be some electrical storm brewing.

SKYwatch: roger that Broker informing command… stand by… hum… that’s negative Broker command reports nothing, the skies are clear.

Broker: copy that SKYwatch must be a malfunction… ETA to base 4H over.

 

POV change inside of the cargo bay of the C-5

there were 5 people on that plane that were moving through the cargo bay preparing their equipment, they wore an all-black suit (no the formal kind) these suits had black metal parts on some of the joints following the human anatomy.

???- alright listen up gentlemen, our target Dr.Ironwood, a crazy scientist son of a bitch that has been kidnaped, he is believed to be creating some kind of superweapon that is believed that could alter our very lives so command has sent us to grab him if possible with any intel and document’s, and research logs we can find, if we can’t we have authorization for his termination.

???2-do we even know where to find this guy? for all we know he could be already be dead.

???- that’s what we came here to find out. intel suggests a large paramilitary presence on the island. we have the element of surplice so let’s use it

???3- they won’t even know what hit’em *click* *click* *click*

???- shut up. pay attention. this is a cover operation. our job is to locate and extract…

 ???- a month ago Dr. Ironwood last transmission was sent out from his lab when he was captured, 2 days ago we picked up a distress signal on Dr. Ironwood frequency… someone down there wants to be found.

pilot*intercom*- raptor team we are beginning approach. stand by for green.

then the once said that the white light inside of the cargo bay changed from white to red

??? -all right mask on. once we clear the plane form up on me. chutes on my mark.

then the ramp on the back of the plane opened up and a gust of wind started to be noticeable

pilot*intercom*- Green in 5…4…3…2…1...

???- GO! GO! GO!

then the 5 soldiers jump out into the night to one that will be one of their weirdest missions yet.


pov change

 

on a dark room with only the light of a computer screen… there was some text appearing dictating the completion of commands writhing a sequence

uploading data……50%

….78%....80%

…95%...

99%...

100%

data uploaded

initialize “project ULTIMA” …?

[Y]/[N]

/Y

command received

initializing…

DNA sample required

awaiting sample…

 

???-finally is complete!! if help doesn’t come then this is my… no our ticket out of here to get what remains of my team out of here too

???2- hey you, stupid scientist, keep on working! no slaking of!

???- yes! yes…

I just hope that my assistant managed to safely make it to that wrecked ship


pov change

-ha… this is… relaxing… to think that there would be a working Jacuzzi with some food, and drinks on this wreck… I already sent out the message so I’ll take this as my reward… well… I still needed to make it work again but… he may sometimes be irondick but he is a good boss, but man... I needed this…


 pov change

on a balcony there was a black-haired young lady wearing a white blue corset dress that easily reached the floor, just judging by appearance alone you could see that she was around 17…18 years old, but there appeared to be something that had her worried because she had a small pocket clock on her hand and although the view was absolutely stunning… (for a medieval time city…) her blue eyes barely left the watch.

-*sigh…* I just need to help on the summoning… then go back home to my father the duke. we need to implement those new politics for our lands… then reduce taxes… *sigh*… so much to do so little time…

*knock knock*

-yes…? come in

saying this the door to the room opened revealing a simple a red-haired maid with a neutral expression

-excuse me. my lady, I have come to deliver a letter from his crown prince, as well as to inform you that the time for the ritual is close… do you need anything?

-no… thank you, Rose, no that would be all, I’ll head there in a minute

-understood. my lady, I’ll be outside if you need anything.

the maid then left the letter she had on a tea table before going back out of the room.

the lady left the balcony and headed to said tea table before picking up the letter

-*sigh*… how many times is it already…? I won’t be marring that jerk… to think that he thought that I was the villainess in the story and that baron spy was his soulmate…he read way too many fictional stories… he even fucking canceled our engagement… he… broke my heart that day… and I already somewhat forgave him for the most part… but I…. just don’t want to be anywhere close to him again...

she then got a letter knife and cut open the envelope not before accidental making a small cut on her thumb

-ow…

a bit of blood came out of the rather small wound then like a small animal she looked both sides looking if anyone was looking then after seeing that no one was looking she then placed her thumb into her mouth and started licking her wound.

she wasn’t a vampire… she just didn’t want to call a maid for first aid given that it was such a small cut.

there also was the reason that this was considered improper and from time to time going out of the “proper zone” helped her calm down.

after that whole ordeal was over she read the letter and unsurprisingly it was what she expected… an invitation for tea…see each other face to face... a simple apology, and an acknowledgment that he was wrong and he would like to go back at the way it was before…

-he… keep dreaming you jerk… *sigh*but as it is a royal letter I must answer so…

she then picked up a flask of ink with its quill and a piece of paper and an empty envelope and quickly wrote a somewhat respectful letter letting him know that NO she would not like some tea with him and then she wrote a sensible excuse then she placed it into the envelope before sealing it with wax.

then she looked at her pocket watch before heading out of the room with the letter in her hand which she gave to the maid before following the corridor towards the place where the ritual will be held


pov change

-common common common work god Dimmit

-hey scienceguy! did you finish your homework?!

-Fuck you! how could I get anything done with this gad dam brick for a computer we are in fucking 2078 for fuks sake

- I don’t care, get the job do…

*pufh*(silenced shot)

*thump*(the body hitting the floor)

startled the “scientist” stood up looking around trying to find the cause of the death of his warden suddenly a human-shaped figure appeared out of nowhere as if light were  ”unbending” to show him.

-Dr. ironwood I presume? we have found your assistant who lead us here


pov change

-my Prince… a response letter from my lady has arrived

-mmm Let me see… mmm you can go now…

the maid then gave him the letter before going out of the room

 as he was reading the letter His face slowly contorted with anger

He then looked into a dark part of His office before saying

-it appears that I Will be in need of your services after all

pov change


- my lady I have delivered the letter to the Prince as per your request

--thank you Rose… I’ll be in the summoning room…

she then started to walk on the hallway heading towards the place where her expertise is needed


pov change

-ho thank god you are here

-It’s ok now but I got to ask what were they keeping you here for?

-they wanted me to develop an antimatter bomb it is nearly complete the only problem is the containment fields that are not stable enough.

-dear god tell me that you were delaying them

- I was and even if wasn’t doing it the fucking computers that they gave me are all worthless bricks

-yea, so I heard

-anyway, we need to get out of here but first I need to get “ULTIMA”

-who is ULTIMA?


pov change

the young lady named Alice arrived at a giant wooden double door guarded by two knights clad in full plated armor.

the knights after seeing that the young lady had arrived stood in attention before moving towards the door handles and opening the door

as soon as the occupants of the room saw her enter, the one with the most extravagant mage looking clothing said

-all right everyone is here. time to start the ritual… lady Alice… if you would be so kind.

the girl Alice nodded before raising her hands towards the center of the room where on the floor there was an intricately carved out circle with what appeared to be different formulas in a symbolic kind of language.

then by the art of magic that formation started to glow a pale blue, then in sequence, the rest of the individuals in the room raised their hands and started a majestic choir which resonated with the formation and the light became brighter and brighter until all the light converged on the center of the room.

while this was happening Alice slowly walked towards the center in the same manner as she was instructed in case that the summon was disoriented and might need support.

but when the light subsided everyone was averting their eyes except for Alice that could only see a pair of weird black shoes in the center of the formation


POV change

they started to walk towards a more hidden section of the lab

- it is the designation of my personal project it is small so I always have it with me so that I can work on It whenever I want I already managed to complete it and was thinking of using it if you guys didn’t show up.

-what is it, what does it do that could help you escape?

- I doubt that you have the clearance necessary to know… but if you have the N2 with SECOND this would be the N4 and it has ULTIMA… but it works differently from the suit that you are wearing… but that’s not important right now… we need to grab the data about the bomb and destroy the bomb.

-one of my teammates is already dealing with the data were is the bomb?

-behind that door

hearing this the soldier turned blue in some parts the kicked open the door before scanning his surroundings after that was done he returned to the normal black and placed charges on the device in the middle.

with that done he returned to the Dr. but he found him a bit pale… looking at a computer screen connected to what looked like a cylinder with a gray mist inside

-DR. what’s the problem?

-ULTIMA reported an unknown energy signature on his containment capsule before any form of data transfer was interrupted.


pov change

when the runes of the formation stopped shining. Alice was dumfounded on her knees on the floor with nothing else out of what it was before present

-what happened?!!

said, someone

-where is the hero?!

said another one.

they started to panic and look all over the place looking for their so-called hero

then the leader of the formation approached the dumfounded Alice while asking

-lady Alice… where… what happened? could you see anything?

-no grand mage… I just saw a black dot between the light but when it subsided there was nothing…

she then looked down in a depressing manner

the grand mage then left and started giving instructions to look on every corner for the hero because the array may have malfunctioned.

as more and more people left only Alice stayed where she was. this was because she had actually seen something that she was still trying to process, but to others, it actually looked like she was depressed.

Alice then got up and headed out of the room only to be faced with her personal maid Rose that was waiting for her outside with a grim expression but Alice didn’t notice it because all she could do was to think back at what she saw or rather didn’t see.

well, what she had seen was actually a pair of shoes but that wasn’t what worried her because first there should have been a person standing there a person that was by the oracle destined to be the hero that is supposed to save her world from the forces of evil.

second was because she actually saw this pair of shoes and although weird in design because the heel was actually really narrow and really high it didn’t make any sense to her. but she found them really nice looking and she actually wanted them so before anyone noticed she was kneeling holding them on her hands not noticing that her wound opened up because she applied a little too much pressure making the blood touch the shoes.

then when she looked again she saw nothing and then the light subsided and the rest is history… she didn’t know what to do but decided that she needed to rest before anything in case that she needed to do the ritual again

now back from her thoughts she looked forward and looked to her side noticing Rose by her side before looking in front

-Rose… do I have any appointment…?

with a grim face before taking out a notebook

-no my lady… you are free… the plan was to head home after the ritual. but given the circumstances… I believe it would be better if you… take a rest.

-thank you, Rose. but you sound a bit tiered are you feeling unwell?? you know what. why don’t you go and rest for a few hours you look like you need it.

she said looking at the maid with clapping both hands and placing hem beside her tilted head

-my lady I…

-don’t worry it will only be for 1 hour. I am sure that after that I’ll be called for the ritual again so go don’t worry I’ll be fine I still have to finish that book that you gave me…

- as you wish my lady…

the maid reluctantly said before turning and heading in the opposite direction

then after a few steps, she stopped and looked back only murmuring

-I’m sorry…


pov change

awaiting DNA sample…

WARNING!

unknown energy signature detected!

contacting Dr…

success… sending data

attempting to block…

stand by…

failed…

attempting to eliminate…

failed…

WARNING!

ENERGY SIGNATURE MATCHES THAT OF TELEPORTATION EQUIPMENT RECORDING LOCAL COORDINATES

success…

protocol: 5: protection of unit in effect.

 selecting random piece of common shape…

selected…

changing…

WARNING

connection with Dr. cut by unknown energy signature

WARNING

detecting intrusion on data bank

reading common code stand by…

insufficient common code detected

rejecting

WARNING!

space rupture detected… system… da…mage… probable… powering down…

system rebooting…

 stand by…

rebooting in progress

DNA sample detected…

integrating new DNA profile. initializing


pov change

-how bad is it…?

-I don’t know…

then suddenly the hole containment capsule lit up like a Christmas tree for a few seconds before fading back into black

-what the fuck was that…

-I… have no idea…

13